Author Topic: The Tello Files. (All things strange, witnessed, verifyable and/or credible (?)  (Read 2519650 times)

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
Re: The Tello Files. (All things strange, witnessed, verifyable and/or credible (?)
« Reply #24400 on: November 26, 2022, 06:50:17 PM »
"From all of this TV Time I do.....
I should have a Tan by now."

"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Re: The Tello Files. (All things strange, witnessed, verifyable and/or credible (?)
« Reply #24401 on: November 26, 2022, 06:59:13 PM »
Oh yeah, just in case...

I deny all responsibility for the sins of others.

Again.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24402 on: November 26, 2022, 07:16:58 PM »
You have money.

Donate it here.

m86thecat@yahoo.com

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24403 on: November 27, 2022, 01:59:03 AM »
There's always gonna be a social deviant in every bodies' life.

So you better get used to it.

:troll2: :smee!: :snipe:                                           :drummer:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24404 on: November 27, 2022, 06:05:33 AM »
I'm told that I live here.

Is it true?

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24405 on: November 27, 2022, 06:13:12 AM »
Ron Tello Culley > Caroline Middleton

Hi. Thx for visiting me. And my Town.

Caroline Middleton
You are welcome. Hope you had a good thanksgiving day. We don't have that celebration down here I'm in the Falkland Islands. Did have a long weekend recently though curtesy of the Kings birthday.

Ron Tello Culley
I take it that you live an Enchanted Life? Been there done that, and now this: where I am and who we are. Cheers!!!

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24406 on: November 27, 2022, 06:40:58 AM »
Ron Tello Culley
Yeah, I'm like this too.

Ron Tello Culley
I'm always Thankful that there's people smarter than me.

Ron Tello Culley
Hello Ron!

Ron Tello Culley
Hi Ellen!

Ron Tello Culley
Both of you fell out of a UFO. Now I get to keep watch over you.

Ron Tello Culley
And you are not making it easy.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #24407 on: November 27, 2022, 04:05:40 PM »
Christmas has been cancelled here

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24408 on: November 27, 2022, 06:40:47 PM »
Wot 4?

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24409 on: November 29, 2022, 04:33:20 PM »
How Covid revolt swept across China: Hundreds of brave protesters demand Communist leader steps down over draconian lockdowns in biggest uprising since Tiananmen Square, writes IAN BIRRELL

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24410 on: December 01, 2022, 08:02:53 PM »

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24413 on: December 02, 2022, 01:08:12 AM »

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24414 on: December 02, 2022, 07:59:54 AM »

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24415 on: December 02, 2022, 08:03:34 AM »
Dee Levey

The human psyche puzzles me🤔Soooo many people have a problem with truth, it somehow offends them.

But if I were to choose to lie and blow smoke up their ass all day they're good with that?***What in the actual fuk? Dumb as a damn box of rocks😂

SHUT THE HELL UP !🖕🏼

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24416 on: December 02, 2022, 01:30:25 PM »

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24417 on: December 02, 2022, 01:47:04 PM »
DEVO - Jocko Homo - Live 1978 Chorus TV Paris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcp8osYmU88

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24418 on: December 02, 2022, 03:41:40 PM »
A Nice Drink for the Rainy Weather

We’re not sure exactly where this bar is, but what we can tell from the picture, is that it’s a cold, wet day. We’re hoping that by “nice drinks” they mean something nice for this weather!

Don’t rainy days make you want to just snuggle up with some chocolatey hot cocoa topped with whipped cream and marshmallows? Or some hot apple cider with some cinnamon sticks and a little bit of red wine? Whatever the menu provides, it can’t be any worse than running into bears, right?

https://yourdailysportfix.com/laughing-just-as-vs/?utm_source=facebook-vs&utm_campaign=vs-us-d-yds-rsignen-raw-j01-c1-a1&pixel_value=0.09&fbclid=IwAR2NNrgHyUHgpufe3zHQ3SFCYWmgcwaWucH9xj6hkPkzjTCeY7kYDw2CgNY#6

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24419 on: December 02, 2022, 03:54:56 PM »
:sick:

I'm ill. I could die.

I can recover.
Then what will I do?

My voice is gone.
No talking.

I can't eat. No shite.
TP goes to the nose.
Yes, it DOES MEAN SNOT.

I have more TV than Meds.
Tune into a Televangelist show?
They're not selling miracle healing.

Keep my money.
More Plonck on my chart.

Good Bye?

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24420 on: December 03, 2022, 05:36:23 AM »
Sponsored Content

YES, THE #1 EXOTIC JERKY SITE IN THE WORLD DOES OFFER REINDEER SAUSAGE

No, you WON’T be eating Rudolph for Christmas.

Summer sausage is a snack staple for Christmas day. If you act fast enough, Jerky Dynasty can help you add a whole new flavor to this year’s snack fest with our Summer Sausage Gift Set - which now includes Spicy Reindeer Sausage!

You’ll also receive elk, caribou, venison, and buffalo summer sausages - making regular old summer sausage look boring.

PLUS: Aboriginal Teenage Cheerleader Leg Jerky Sampler!

And we’ll also send you a bamboo cutting board with your gift set. So hurry up and get your sausage gift set before they’re gone!

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24421 on: December 03, 2022, 10:29:41 AM »
Congressman RIPS ‘Digital Fentanyl’ App TikTok For Hiring Former U.S. Officials

On Sunday Morning Futures, Congressman Mike Gallagher of Wisconsin discussed various big news stories. One of these is TikTok, which he referred to as "digital fentanyl." He and Senator Marco Rubio wrote an op-ed about this earlier this month.

Today, Sean was on the program to talk about what Americans should be asking about the Chinese Communist Party's actions regarding the unauthorized access to their data.

It's so obvious that we're not doing enough to prevent this from happening. We've let the Trojans get away with it. We've let them give us a horse even though we know that the soldiers are in it.

According to Gallagher, the Chinese Communist Party has hired an army of swamp-dwellers to ensure that this doesn't happen. This is why, if you ask me, hearings and investigations should be held.

Unfortunately, despite the fact that Elon Musk bought TWITTER, the tech companies are still considering banning it from their stores. They are also reportedly happy to let the Chinese Communist Party spy app remain on the market. In an op-ed published by the Washington Post, Senator Marco Rubio and Congressman Gallagher talked about this issue.

TikTok, which is already a popular media company in the US, allows the Chinese Communist Party to monitor the activities of more than a billion users globally. We must stop this dangerous app from being used in the country, as President Biden is doing.

TikTok is owned by ByteDance, a Chinese company. In China, companies are not truly private. In 2017, the country enacted a National Intelligence Law that requires businesses and citizens to participate in intelligence-gathering activities.

According to Forbes, ByteDance's directors and employees have ties to the Chinese Communist Party. LinkedIn profiles show that over 20 of the company's directors have previously worked for propaganda outlets operated by the Chinese Communist Party. Moreover, the company's editor-in-chief, who is also the secretary of its internal committee, said that the group would take the lead in developing the company's political direction.

One of TikTok's problems is its ownership by a Chinese company. Apart from being able to monitor its users' locations and internet-browsing activities, the app also collects other private information about them.

TikTok's ability to collect this kind of data is very disturbing, especially since it allows the Chinese Communist Party to monitor the activities of teenagers. With this app, Beijing can also collect sensitive information about US government employees and use it for espionage and blackmail.

TikTok denied this, but it's hard to believe that the company would allow its users' location data to be used for this kind of activity. Forbes also reported that ByteDance planned on using the app to monitor Americans' locations for other purposes.

Even though it can be very challenging to talk to your child about what's happening to them, American parents should still have this conversation with their kids.

Talk to your teen about this topic, as it will most likely leave them feeling stupid and isolated. They might also start to associate you with an old, conservative mindset. You might also worry that this will turn them against Republicans or cause them to start associating with stereotypes that are offensive to them.

Even though it's difficult to talk about this topic, parents should still encourage their kids to get rid of TikTok. They should also be taught about the real reasons behind the data collected by the company and how it can be used by the Chinese Communist Party. And smee.

It can be hard to talk about this topic, as kids might not believe that the risks involved with TikTok are real. But parents have to tell them to remove the app, as tech companies will not help if TikTok is still around.

https://politicalactionalerts.com/congressman-rips-digital-fentanyl-app-tiktok-for-hiring-former-u-s-officials/

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24422 on: December 03, 2022, 11:39:42 AM »
Where's George Orwell now
that we need him?

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24423 on: December 03, 2022, 12:31:02 PM »

Say it: One Million, eight hundred two thousand, nine hundred and ninety nine!

That's a LOT of HITS on the world's most famous Junk Thread!!!

:drummer:

:notsmee: :troll2:                                                           :duckling:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24424 on: December 03, 2022, 12:41:59 PM »
:tello: "Wow! Who dint
see this coming?"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24425 on: December 03, 2022, 12:46:45 PM »
COMING UP NEXT:

Your Number!!!

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24426 on: December 03, 2022, 01:32:03 PM »
BREAKING HEADLINE NEWS

Millions starve for affection this Holiday Season; Consumer Strife Continues.

AP- In a quiet place on a noisy Planet, unacceptable conditions prevail. It's all your fault as scientific sources indicate.

More and more Humans, Consumers and others are feeling the pinch of their world going MAD. And that's OK. It's always been this way. What's different now?

This time, the shite is coming down to The Bone.

Read More:
https://instantrimshot.com/

http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=wilhelmscream

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24427 on: December 03, 2022, 02:24:49 PM »
Tucker Suggests Apple And US Media Are In Accord With Chinese President Xi Jinping’s Tyranny

Tucker Carlson of Fox News took a bite out of Apple and U.S. media on Tuesday on his show Tucker Carlson Tonight, blasting the two for covertly aiding the current protests in China.

His nightly monologue highlighted some little-known facts about Apple’s ties and support of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and the deafening silence of the media on Chinese President Xi Jinping’s tank rollout in response to the protests against his zero-COVID lockdowns.

Hundreds have taken to the streets in protest of the lockdowns in eight major cities. Tensions escalated after 10 people died in a fire in the Chinese city of Urumqi. The victims were not able to escape the fire because of the lockdowns which have literally locked buildings from the outside to contain citizens.

Tucker called out the media for its silence on the escalations and asked viewers to, “Imagine that Hungarian leader Viktor Orbán put tanks into Budapest to crush his political opponents. Would our media notice?” He argued that it would be a front-page story in the New York Times.

He went on to ask how it’s possible that not one major outlet in America noticed what had happened despite China being our main global rival and having the largest economy in the world. “Could it be that the American news media is covering for the government of China? We can’t say. We’ll let you make the call on that,” he suggested.

Arguably more disturbing than the media’s silence is the inexplicit assistance of “American” company Apple to the Chinese government in suppressing the Chinese citizens by taking away their ability to use the feature Airdrop on an iPhone which helped them communicate with each other.

Tucker didn’t mince any words when he said, “Apple is now an active collaborator with China’s murderous police state. When tanks roll into a Chinese city, Apple is rooting for the tanks.”

As Chinese citizens are demanding freedom and calling for the President and the CCP to step down, the world is looking to the West for a response.

U.S. leaders have been quick to say they support freedom of demonstration but have been mostly silent on the quickly-rising tensions happening under Jinping and the CCP. If we were to take a lesson from Tiananmen Square in 1989, we would remember that we severely underestimated the brutality of the Chinese leaders at that time.

https://projectpatriot.com/tucker-suggests-apple-and-us-media-are-in-accord-with-chinese-president-xi-jinpings-tyranny/

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24428 on: December 03, 2022, 04:16:28 PM »
SPECIAL HOLIDAY NOTICE

Oh boy, I really did it now.....

I upgraded my Botophucket account.

Accessing the shite from the Ages.

Here's a slice now!

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24429 on: December 03, 2022, 04:27:33 PM »
One December night at The Cowboy Bar.....

L to R: Vince, Jack and Tello. Circa: a long time ago.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24430 on: December 03, 2022, 05:59:57 PM »
Photo Phun, and the consequences of the Aging Process.

Exhibit A: That last pic of Tello,

and now compare to Exhibit B:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24431 on: December 03, 2022, 06:08:17 PM »
Get Steered to The Beard.

Kinda like "The Bird is The Word".

The Trashmen - Surfin Bird - Bird is the Word 1963

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24432 on: December 03, 2022, 06:11:13 PM »
I'm with you: Where are the Parents in all of this?

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24433 on: December 03, 2022, 07:04:20 PM »
Frank Zappa - Trouble Every Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=girnJH7tvpM

:tello: "True story right here:

April 29 – May 4, 1992 (6 days); 30 years ago

The 1992 Los Angeles riots, sometimes called the 1992 Los Angeles uprising and the Los Angeles Race Riots,[4][5][6] were a series of riots and civil disturbances that occurred in Los Angeles County, California, in April and May 1992. Unrest began in South Central Los Angeles on April 29, after a jury acquitted four officers of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) charged with using excessive force in the arrest and beating of Rodney King. This incident had been videotaped and widely shown in television broadcasts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots

:tello: "I was there. Topanga Canyon. I finished up a brush clearing job and then an on site employee told me the 4 Cops got off.

I asked "Are they rioting yet?"

10 minutes later I'm home, hearing radio news.
At my Master Command Sound System, I blasted THIS SONG.

At the point "Wednesday I watched the riots"...... neighbor Barney walks in, hears this and asks "Wow they got a song about it already?"

(This is within 1 1/2 hours of the initial outbreak in real time..)

I said "No Barney. This is Frank Zappa 1968, and what is now ain't much different than then.

Thanks for asking". "

This is where YOU get to think about stuff....

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24434 on: December 03, 2022, 10:10:02 PM »
Have yourselves a Merry Little
Final Destination Christmas!

How the ‘Final Destination’ Series — and the Horror Sequel Industry — Lost Its Way

By Charles Bramesco  @intothecrevasse
 May 14, 2020 at 2:45pm
FINAL DESTINATION, 2000. (c) New Line Cinema/ Courtesy: Everett Collection.

With everyone confined to their homes for the foreseeable future, we’ve all been in search of projects hitting the sweet spot of “just substantive enough to leave a feeling of accomplishment, while not requiring more effort than we can muster in these psychologically taxing times.” With this in mind, there’s never been a better time for full immersion in a long-running horror movie franchise, which can kill time just as effectively as it kills buxom teens. At the suggestion of a trusted friend, my girlfriend and I spent the past week mainlining all five installments of the Final Destination series, and it was a restorative experience.

You can lose yourself in the comfort of formula and the excitement of variation, as each new film sends a fresh batch of victims into one Rube Goldberg contraption after the next. The producers refused to fix what wasn’t broken, sticking with the tried-and-true “big opening number, four or five imaginatively gory kills to fill out the second act, grand finale” template while inventing unlikely household-object deaths from MacGyver’s worst nightmares. Even when basking in the arterial spray, however, a viewer with critical sensibilities can’t help but notice a dispiriting trend creep in to the mayhem.

Little by little, a difficult-to-place charm drains from the demises, as if the soul could have left a franchise that started out as little more than an excuse to methodically decapitate telegenic D-listers. It wasn’t until the very end of the final Final Destination that what had changed crystallized itself. It all concludes just as it began, using the crash of Flight 180 as a loop-closer molding the franchise into a decadelong Mobius strip. FD5 reveals itself as a stealth prequel in its final minutes, as the characters file in for the same fiery wreck that opened the original, now from a new vantage point.

Director Steven Quale capitalizes on the eleven years separating his whack at the concept from the series’ outset by capturing the crash with alternating interior and exterior shots, the latter formerly impossible due to budgetary and technological limits. Final Destination (The First) announced its shoestring resourcefulness and jerry-rigged creativity by constraining the whole crash to the cabin, rocking the set back and forth and deploying greenscreen as passengers got sucked out of the holes in the jet. With twenty million more dollars to play with, Quale shows the whole thing going kablooey, capturing the engine explosions and wing fractures from an outside POV. Plumes of computerized flame engulf either side of the plane as it goes down, tiny corpses-to-be flinging themselves from its breaches.

That farewell set piece clarifies how the Final Destination movies — and in a grander sense, cheapie horror sequels, one of life’s purest joys — got subsumed and hollowed out by the proliferation of CGI. Physical spectacles like combusting fireballs, spurts of blood, and visceral squelches always packed the most wallop when realized physically. The weird primitive rendering, the occasional stray pixels, and the lack of texture all undermine the cumulative impact of Quale’s fiendish games. The problem isn’t that it looks fake; these things have always reveled in their own artifice, well aware that it’s part of the fun. The problem is that it lacks a human touch.

FD2 EXPLOSION

The original Final Destination attained the level of success that spawns franchises on the virtue of its ingenuity, in both conception and (pun intended) execution. Final Destination 2 upped the ante within its first half hour, first in intricacy with the opening logjam’s many moving parts and then in comedy with the Looney Tunes-caliber slapstick destruction that follows.

But from the third installment onward, there’s a sense that the filmmakers took the path of least resistance where former teams gamed out practical solutions. There are external factors to consider; from the studio, these films were given steadily increasing budgets and mandated to make exponentially larger sums, which led to untenable stake-raising. The latter-iteration plane crash plays like something out of a disaster blockbuster rather than a B-grade horror picture because bigness sells, and for bigness on a cost-effective deadline, CGI made the most sense.

But let this stand now as a warning to possible horror franchises of the future as they endeavor to prolong their lifespans. These fly-by-night productions should get chintzier and more loosely supervised as they go, not the opposite. The fourth Nightmare on Elm Street (the one where Freddy eats the cursed pizza studded with the meatballs of doomed souls) or the more recent tenth Hellraiser (the one where hell-bureaucrats subsist on a diet of paper dampened by tears of the damned) excelled by dancing like no one was watching. The Final Destination films all have at least a trace of that devil-may-car energy, but the quotient decreases where it should be growing. Each successive sequel should operate like it has less and less to lose. At the very least, heed the lesson of Final Destination, a film about the inevitability of death one way or another: this won’t last forever, so do everything you can get away with while you can.

https://decider.com/2020/05/14/how-final-destination-series-lost-its-way/

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24435 on: December 03, 2022, 10:28:32 PM »
Some kind of sequel...

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24436 on: December 04, 2022, 12:28:00 PM »
Tucker Blasts Left-Wing Censorship Efforts Of Elon Musk’s Twitter

Fox News host Tucker Carlson touched on the growing movement against Twitter owner Elon Musk’s stated mission to restore free speech on the platform Monday.

“As in China, [if] social media in the United States are censored, that’s not compatible with democracy. You can’t have censorship in a democracy, a country that censors is not a democracy. Elon Musk, not from this country, knows that. He bought Twitter with the aim of stopping censorship and restoring free speech,” said Carlson. “He just said this. There’s been a lot of censorship on Twitter, and we’re going to find out what it is. ‘The Twitter files on free speech suppression, soon to be published on Twitter itself. The public deserves to know what happened.’ Why shouldn’t we know that? Why shouldn’t we know who is shutting down free speech in a country that claims to be a democracy?”

“Well, everybody in power is panicked over this. Apple is threatening to remove Twitter from its app store,” continued the popular Fox News host. “So if Twitter can no longer get its app on the app store, there’s no more Twitter, because you access Twitter through the app. So they’re essentially threatening to shut down Twitter. Meanwhile, the White House and the media are trying to convince you that the problem is not China throwing people into concentration camps, suppressing free speech, the problem is Elon Musk, who is trying to restore free speech.”

Musk has notably removed the bans of numerous Twitter accounts after he famously took over the platform, including that of former President Donald Trump, the Babylon Bee and Rep. Marjorie Taylor-Greene (R-GA).

The new owner of Twitter additionally enacted a general amnesty for most suspended accounts Thursday after he launched a poll in which 72.4% voted in favor of the proposal.

Carlson played clips on his segment featuring leftists who criticized Musk’s conduct surrounding Twitter, including White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre. Musk also publicly disclosed the alleged intentions of Apple CEO Tim Cook, accusing Apple of threatening to remove Twitter from its App Store, — a move that would effectively render the platform useless.

“Here’s the CIA officer, the guy who lied for a living, telling you we need more censorship, but they’re not coming out against, quote, ‘hate,’ Carlson exclaimed. “What they’re saying is we decide what you can say and what you can’t in this democracy. If you try to speak freely, we’ll crush you. That’s exactly what they’re saying.”

https://deepstatetribunal.com/tucker-blasts-left-wing-censorship-efforts-of-elon-musks-twitter/

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24438 on: December 05, 2022, 12:41:07 PM »

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24439 on: December 05, 2022, 10:22:10 PM »

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24440 on: December 06, 2022, 02:45:28 AM »
:xmastree:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24441 on: December 06, 2022, 04:02:52 AM »

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24442 on: December 06, 2022, 12:07:22 PM »
Invasion of The Christmas Snatchers!!!

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24443 on: December 07, 2022, 03:24:30 AM »
Harry And Meghan Announce Netflix Special About How Much They Want Privacy

Dec 5, 2022 · BabylonBee.com

MONTECITO, CA — The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have announced a brand-new Netflix docuseries entitled Harry and Meghan that talks about why the famous couple wishes they had more privacy.

"Our groundbreaking series, which drops on December 8, covers the trials and tribulations of constantly being in the public eye with no privacy," said Meghan to reporters. "Most people — the rustic farmhands and lowly milkmaids of America — haven't a clue how difficult it is to be as wealthy, famous, and oppressed as we are. We hope you enjoy walking through all six hour-long episodes in our shoes."

Reception of the announcement has been mixed, with reactions ranging from those asking who "Harry" is and others who are asking what the heck a "Sussex" is.

"We hope everyone will watch this new peek into our lives so we make some money, and please give us some bloody privacy," said Harry. "For goodness sake, leave us alone! This isn't fair! I can't do this anymore! PLEASE!!"

At publishing time, Netflix's hopes for strong viewership were dashed when Meghan told Oprah that white people watching the show was an act of racist voyeurism.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24447 on: December 07, 2022, 12:42:40 PM »

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24448 on: December 07, 2022, 12:47:42 PM »
You don't say? Why does your nose run in cold weather?

Having the sniffles in winter does not automatically mean you’re sick. It’s often a sign your nose is doing its job. The nose heats up and moisturizes air before it enters the lungs. Bones in the nose are covered with blood-filled membranes. These membranes sit behind the nasal cavities, and the blood flow keeps the space warm.

When you breathe cold air, the nose membranes secrete water and mucus. It’s like a mini steam bath with moisture dripping down the walls. The colder and dryer the air, the more water and mucus is produced, which leads to more sniffles and extra tissues.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/you-dont-say-why-does-your-nose-run-in-cold-weather

Why does cold weather make me need to pee?

It can be rather annoying, but when we're exposed to cold temperatures, we more frequently feel the urge to use the bathroom. But why and what is considered normal as the weather changes?

During winter, people tend to layer up to keep their body nice and toasty. But when nature calls, it can be quite an ordeal to get out of some of those clothes. Unfortunately, a lot of people feel like their bladder gets full faster when it’s cold outside.

You might be dressed accordingly for the cold temperatures in your area, but that doesn’t mean your body isn’t going to react to the freezing winter weather. Having to urinate more often in the winter is completely normal. And there's actually a name for it. It's a condition called cold diuresis.

The ‘cold diuresis’ phenomenon
When you expose your body to the cold to get from one place to another or to take part in cold weather activities, your blood vessels naturally constrict. This happens so that your body can direct blood flow to your vital organs as a way to maintain warmth in those areas - a process called?"peripheral vasoconstriction," according to Cleveland Clinic.

Your kidneys are responsible for creating urine as a way to filter out waste from your blood. On an average temperature day, your body will usually produce about 1 to 2 quarts of urine. Cold weather will result in your body needing to filter more blood than normal as a greater volume of blood rushes to your vital organs at a higher frequency. This results in you having to pee more often. Sure, it’s an annoying process, but rest assured that it's perfectly normal.

There doesn't appear to be any set temperature that will induce cold diuresis, since age, body composition, diet, and even posture can influence whether or not it will occur.

The hypothermia connection
Even though cold diuresis is normal, it is still a good idea to stay aware of when you need to urinate if you are in the middle of a winter outdoor activity. Cold diuresis is also the body’s way of preserving heat when it senses you may be in danger of hypothermia. That's why medical experts believe that an increased need to use the bathroom can be one of the first warning signs of hypothermia - a life-threatening condition that causes your body to lose too much heat.

It can result in shivering, confusion, slurred speech, shortness of breath and death. It's important to get to a warm, dry location quickly and seek medical attention immediately, according to the Mayo Clinic.

Rick Curtis, director of Princeton University's Outdoor Action Program, says watch for the "-umbles" - stumbles, mumbles, fumbles, and grumbles that show changes in motor coordination and levels of consciousness.

It might be tempting to drink less water or skip a bathroom break. However, drinking less water is not a healthy alternative and neither is holding it for long periods of time. You are probably going to make yourself pretty uncomfortable and could cause a urinary tract infection to develop. This will cause a whole new set of problems that you’ll have to deal with that are a lot more annoying than another bathroom break.

Also, since your body is using a great deal more fluid and you’re having to use the bathroom more, make sure that you are replenishing these fluids so you don’t get dehydrated. It might not be warm outside, but that doesn’t mean you are guaranteed to retain your fluids.

You should also remember to drink extra water when you come in from the cold, because even though you probably didn’t sweat, you may still have lost too much fluid from the effects of cold diuresis.

If you’re planning on any outdoor activity this winter, check your AccuWeather app for the latest weather updates in your area. You’ll be able to dress accordingly and know exactly what weather to expect so you don’t get dangerously cold.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/health-wellness/why-does-cold-weather-make-me-need-to-pee/647306

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #24449 on: December 07, 2022, 12:48:42 PM »