Author Topic: Is eBay now disallowing cheques and bank transfers on the UK site?  (Read 46634 times)

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
Re: Is eBay now disallowing cheques and bank transfers on the UK site?
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2010, 07:52:27 PM »
Yib. I had to change my avatar. The one you made me with "me blasting away at the pesky ducks disappeared. I am most disturbed.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2010, 07:55:41 PM »
Yib. I had to change my avatar. The one you made me with "me blasting away at the pesky ducks disappeared. I am most disturbed.

I had foreseen the future...here's another back up of a back up just in case this happened...I always have a contingency plan Ubbs !..........LOL

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2010, 07:56:53 PM »
Thanks Yib. I have forgotten how to set it up though.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2010, 07:57:28 PM »
Thank you, people - it's good that you're returning to the topic after a bit of a meander around on other topics.

The topic is of course an attempt to clarify what may be happening in the UK (on eBay) re cheques and bank transfers. It does seem that PayPal is being pushed at the expense of other payment methods.

I think it's worth while checking each eBay site to see how the various different sites handle the issue of allowed payment types. Did you know that in France, for instance, you can decline Paypal payments entirely, and ask only for bank transfer?

It's also interesting (but a topic for another thread, I think) that in Germany, France and the UK, anyone who is a BUSINESS SELLER must be identified as such on eBay, as opposed to being a hobby seller on eBay.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Bazza

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2010, 08:03:38 PM »
we're all still waiting for the pearls of wisdom explaining how this isn't the same thing happening in the UK, as happened here....

Another one who didn't bother to read the OP and the linked page. So long as it's a swipe at eBay or PayPal....that'll do eh??

You people keep playing your guessing game. In the meantime, this thread has a topic if you're not too busy to discuss it. You'll have to actually read the OP though.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2010, 08:04:25 PM »
ENOUGH!

Take personal disputes to PM, please. No more on this thread. Thank you.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

cueperkins

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2010, 08:22:59 PM »
Another one who didn't bother to read the OP and the linked page. So long as it's a swipe at eBay or PayPal....that'll do eh??

LOL...when Ebay tried to push Paypal only in Australia, it was the biggest ACCC issue ever recorded....and now they're trying to do it in the UK?...let me ask you...were you asleep when Ebay was attempting to Breach the TPA (ie.. break the law) in this country via Exclusive Dealing?.....and you think I've missed the point?...lol...whatever....lol

They are now trying it on in the UK.....the question is, whether they have a similar regulator over anti competitive conduct.....

If you want to debate the ins and outs of that argument Bazz.....let it rip mate....I'm up for it....

Bazza

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2010, 08:33:24 PM »
Liz, it's because you're listing on ebay.com, the UK rules are not (as yet) changing.

That is a quote from the linked thread. It was confirmed by the OP.

As far as I am aware there has been no change to the payment methods available on the UK site.

Like I said earlier....a storm in a teacup.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2010, 08:38:16 PM »
Have you confirmed it? If not, what you quote is heresay.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2010, 08:41:31 PM »
As the OP clarified after her initial post,

In my first listing [on.com site and for childrens vintage clothing category] I offered cheque or Bank transfer for UK BUYERS ONLY as well as paypal and the listing was rejected.

When I removed those options, the listing was accepted.

Previously she had been able to list on eBay.com and offer cheque or bank tranfser for UK BUYERS ONLY.

She has just recently found there's been a change - that she cannot now offer cheque or bank transfers for UK BUYERS ONLY when listing on eBay.com.

Furthermore:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/pay/methods.html

I quote:

"Cheques, postal orders, and direct bank transfers are not allowed for most eBay purchases.

However, sellers may offer these payment methods for certain categories of items including vehicles, capital and business equipment.

For specific exceptions, see our Accepted Payments policy."

I'm told this is an "old" page but it's the only one I can find on the UK payment methods. It specifically states that cheques, postal orders and direct bank transfers are "not allowed for most ebay purchases".

This may be confusing in terms of a difference between practice and guidelines on the UK site - but no one on the UK site has been able to direct me to a more updated page.

Hence my concern - and hence the phrase "storm in a teacup" is not appropos.

Bazza

« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2010, 08:44:13 PM »
 Ubbiemax. Please read the linked thread, then go and find the announcement that says 'You can no longer offer bank deposit as a payment method on ebay UK'.

It doesn't exist.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2010, 08:46:02 PM »
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/pay/methods.html

I've put it in large letters so that everyone can find it and read it.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2010, 08:49:18 PM »
Yes Bazza. What Countess said above & at post #59.

You made statements based on what another person posted, your post#57.

That is heresay.

Bazza

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2010, 08:57:51 PM »
Countessa, the policy states it but as you were told, it is not enforced when listing on eBay UK....only on ebay.com

I'm sure we would have heard about it, had it been enforced.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2010, 09:09:39 PM »
I'm very glad to hear that. But... on what do you base your statement that "it is not enforced when listing on eBay UK"?

Is the assumption that the eBay UK page is incorrect based only on an assumption that if it weren't, you'd have heard about it?

This thread had as its purpose an attempt to uncover what was happening, given that the information stated by eBay quite specifically says that bank transfers and cheques can no longer be accepted for most items on eBay.co.uk. This was highlighted when a seller found that the payment methods she was able to offer had changed - that she could no longer offer bank transfer and cheque to UK sellers. This is a recent change, and so far it's been clarified that this is occurring in practice on the eBay.com site (EVEN THOUGH JUST RECENTLY THIS SELLER WAS ABLE TO LIST ON EBAY.COM AND INCLUDE BANK TRANSFER AND CHEQUE TO UK SELLERS)... which begs the question: what is happening on the UK site?

Assumption is really not enough. It has important implications for UK sellers.

Bazza

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2010, 09:27:52 PM »
This is what my previous comment (not assumption) is based on:

Getting harder to find now because sellers in the UK realise that buyers are more confident using PayPal. IMO.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2010, 09:42:28 PM »
 :huh: :5+5:

No doubt that is a nice publication for children, but what on earth is the relevance of a book called "Numberjacks Annual 2010" to this discussion?

I note that the payment methods offered on this listing do include banker's draft, postal order and personal cheque as well as PayPal. In what way does this listing convey the impression that it's "Getting harder to find now because sellers in the UK realise that buyers are more confident using PayPal"?

What does the listing in fact have to do with whether or not it will not be possible soon to offer payment by bank transfer or cheque on the eBay UK site?

Perhaps you intended it as a joke?

Bazza

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2010, 09:51:01 PM »
Countessa, you asked a question in your opening post:

Is eBay now disallowing cheques and bank transfers on the UK site?

The answer to that question is, no. Hence the example of a random newly listed item which offers the above.

My reference to the confidence in PayPal came about because that example was hard to find. Most sellers only accept PayPal obviously by choice.

No joke.

Any change to the UK sites accepted payment methods would be pure speculation. No need to hang them just yet.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2010, 09:52:58 PM »
"sellers in the UK realise that buyers are more confident using PayPal. IMO" What do you base that assumption on?

cueperkins

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2010, 09:55:30 PM »
Well obviously bazza you don't do much buying huh?...cause the majority of sellers I deal with and browse on ebay au.... prefer bank deposit ....and no doubt the UK has a similar no fee bank deposit payment system...it's free you see...no fees, no bullshit...but hey....you seem to speak on behalf of all sellers and all buyers.........how do you know that most sellers prefer paypal?...either here or in the UK?....any stats to offer?

Bazza

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2010, 10:06:22 PM »
My opinion (not assumption) is based on the fact that I had to open 7 listings in that category on .uk.co to find one seller who offered anything other than PayPal. I continued in another category and found the same thing.

We are talking about UK Cupie, not AU.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2010, 10:13:03 PM »
..how do you know that most sellers prefer paypal?...either here or in the UK?...

That PP only crap started in the US first.

We've had a longer time to hate it!
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2010, 10:27:29 PM »
So now it's an opinion. Do you know the difference between an opinion and an assumption?

An opinion is a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty. It is a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

An assumption is something taken for granted or accepted as true without proof, it is a supposition.

By stating it is an opinion you don't have sufficient grounds to be certain.

Opinion is heresy unless it is the testimony of a dead or dying person (written statement) or the testimony of a  recognised expert in a particular field, in this case Ebay.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2010, 10:37:30 PM »
Bazza, let's examine this assumption.

You've stated "My reference to the confidence in PayPal came about because that example was hard to find. Most sellers only accept PayPal obviously by choice."

This is not a reasonable conclusion. You are assuming a causal relationship between your assumption that sellers prefer PayPal and your finding of items for sale on the UK item that offer payment methods other than PayPal.

It has clearly not occurred to you that the page http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/pay/methods.html, the only page I've been able to find on the UK site about acceptable payment methods in the UK, is leading many sellers to think that bank transfer and cheque are not permitted methods on eBay.co.uk. Yet this is certainly a reasonable possibility.

You state "Most sellers only accept PayPal obviously by choice". You provide no evidence that this is "obviously" by choice. Given that there is information that suggests many sellers don't even realise they can accept other payment methods, such a statement does not really withstand examination.

You further state that "Any change to the UK sites accepted payment methods would be pure speculation. No need to hang them just yet." I'll leave the rather distasteful "No need to hang them just yet" part of that statement without further comment. Let's just examine the first part, in which you say it's "pure speculation".

1. It is fact that the only page on eBay.co.uk's site about acceptable payment methods explicitly states that bank transfer and cheques are not acceptable payment methods. Hence we have something that is not speculation, but fact. Every example of a listing that does offer cheque or bank transfer as a payment method thus functions only as a practical exception. It may well be currently valid, but eBay can at any time end any listing that offers other payment methods, pointing to the page where this payment information is explicitly stated. There is in fact no evidence that this has NOT happened. We cannot assume it has, but equally we cannot assume it has not. The fact remains that the relevant eBay page says that the payment methods we've been discussing are NOT permitted. That is not speculation. That is fact.
2. It is interesting that other eBay UK sellers with whom I've been speaking have expressed their concern that other methods than PayPal will not be permitted on eBay.co.uk. That may well be their speculation, but it is not MY speculation. It is fact that they are concerned. They are concerned on the basis of what's been happening elsewhere, and the fact that the eBay page about payment methods has not been changed.
3. It is fact that UK sellers who used to be able to list on eBay.com and include on their listings some payment methods that applied to UK buyers only, can no longer do so. This is a recent change, and it's the one that prompted the opening post of the thread to which I referred. This has caused UK sellers to wonder whether it was the harbinger of things to come on eBay.co.uk. The changes that occurred recently are not speculation; they are fact. You may prefer to focus on the point that so far there's been no announcement on eBay.co.uk to indicate that the changes which occur elsewhere are going to be implemented on eBay.co.uk, and to treat this as speculation which in your opinion is unnecessary. However, you've made assumptions that are incorrect. Of course you are entitled to make incorrect assumptions. That's your right. Don't be surprised if people who can see the chasms between assumption and conclusion will not agree with what you've said.

In conclusion, the issue consists of facts that lead to speculation. Ignoring facts that lead to strong suspicions of forthcoming results would simply mean nothing can be forseen until it is fait accompli and too late to deal with potential problems. It's hard to see how anyone could function like that...

Bazza

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2010, 10:41:01 PM »
It always was an opinion Ubbiemax:

sellers in the UK realise that buyers are more confident using PayPal. IMO.

IMO = In my opinion

It is a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2010, 10:42:05 PM »
Very well said Countess. Ever considered a career in Law?

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2010, 10:48:15 PM »
Finally Bazza, do you agree that your opinion may be wrong? Do you also agree that your opinion is heresay?

Incidently I didn't know IMO meant in my opinion. I, like many others are not familiar with computer abbreviation jargon and it is wrong to assume everyone is.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2010, 10:51:04 PM »
I haven't considered it, Ubbie, but who knows for the future? I hear that people are changing careers about three times these days - but this is just hearsay from a Canadian and I have to admit I was dubious about his statement.

Can anyone find a more up-to-date page about payment methods on eBay's UK site?

Bazza

« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2010, 10:52:50 PM »
Yeah UbbieMax......I knew that had to be my fault. Sheeeeeesh!

No, my opinion is based on my experience as stated earlier. It has nothing to do with hearsay.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2010, 10:54:56 PM »
Narh Countess. I can't find anything newer than what you found. I'm wondering whether Ebay UK are practicing an amnesty period or whether there is a future start date. I don't know so I will express no opinion nor will I make any assumption.

Bazza

« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2010, 11:02:17 PM »
Countessa, it is my opinion that you have over-thought this matter. The fact remains that those other payment methods are currently accepted on .uk.co but why anyone would put themselves to trouble of using them evades me. I just don't see that PayPal only would be such a bad move considering the number of sellers who have already gone down that path (by choice).

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2010, 11:04:59 PM »
"my opinion is based on my experience as stated earlier. It has nothing to do with hearsay."

Bazza, Bazza, Bazza. All opinions are hearsay unless they are the opinions of an expert in a particular field eg. a forensic pathologist stating his opinion on cause of death for the Court.

Are you now implying that you are an expert in matters relating to Ebay UK and/or Ebay.com? Produce proof as to your expertise and, if it is fair and reasonable I will bow to your superior knowledge. But, if it isn't fair & reasonable  don't expect me to have any regard for any credibility you may think you have.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2010, 11:12:51 PM »
Bazza, are you a seller on eBay, who prefers to accept PayPal, given that you are stating you "don't see that PayPal only would be such a bad move considering the number of sellers who have already gone down that path (by choice)"?

Do you think (if it's the case that this is so) that perhaps your own preference as a seller for PayPal is influencing your assumption that many sellers have chosen PayPal by choice? Are you aware of any disinclination by sellers to use PayPal? Do you in fact know many sellers, and have you checked with them about what their preference is?

Have you checked with sellers who have always used bank transfers, and taken into consideration their comments? What about sellers who accept credit card payments directly? Have you asked them whether they prefer PayPal?

Finally - I'd be interested in your clarification of this point. At one moment you say I have "over-thought this matter", with the implicit conclusion that you don't think that other payment methods are in danger of being forbidden on eBay.co.uk, and the next you say "I just don't see that PayPal only would be such a bad move", which certainly implies that you think there's a possibility that other payment methods ARE in danger of being forbidden on eBay.co.uk. Which is it? You don't think it's likely, or you do think it's likely?

Bazza

« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2010, 11:13:45 PM »
UbbieMax. Please don't try to play the expert with me. If you don't like my opinion, too bad.

Opinion:

1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

Hearsay:

1. unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge

I gave my OPINION.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2010, 11:24:43 PM »
Exactly Bazza. You have got something correct.

Hearsay is something not perceived with ones own senses, sight, sound, feel taste, smell. Opinions are not perceived with one's own senses but are just that, opinions and are therefore hearsay .

After spending over 30 years in this field I believe I am qualified to make such statements I don't need to "try to play the expert".

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2010, 11:27:26 PM »
For those who are not aware, Ubbie is a gentleman of very thorough knowledge and very thorough credentials in the field of evidence.

We're lucky to have people of undoubted qualifications here.  :mates:

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2010, 11:27:58 PM »

Well my experience with the last few item's I purchased recently is the sellers offered express post at regular post price if I paid via bank deposit...they offered ...I didn't ask...

It would be interesting if a poll was put to say 20 sellers and asked their preferred method of payment... an honest poll...not an Ebay instigated number twisting hot air session...

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2010, 11:36:06 PM »
Yeah Yib. The vibes I get here in Australia is that many sellers hate Paypal as it is expensive, it can tie payments up for unreasonable reasons, and Paypal sides with the buyer irrespective of seller proof when claims are lodged for item not received etc.

I also question Paypal's stated buyer security. The word "may" doesn't mean will.

Bazza

« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2010, 11:37:44 PM »
My history is unimportant Countessa. It has no bearing on what I see before me except that I know what I'm reading. I am aware that there is no chance of winning a debate here as the only people who wish to debate with me are ebay/PayPal haters. You would be surprised at the number of supportive emails I get from members here who are happy to sit on the sidelines and watch but don't wish to get involved.

What I'm saying, if I wasn't clear enough is that I think, firstly that in the UK there would be less opposition to PayPal only, than there was in AU and secondly that the change would not be detrimental to ebays market position. I will also state that I think you will find that the policy change was made as a pre-emptive move based on the result achieved in AU. Hence, the lack of any announcement or enforcement.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2010, 11:48:09 PM »
Bazza. I am not an Ebay/Paypal hater as I'm a buyer only but I don't blame those sellers who have been wronged by Paypal for hating it.

I have won/bought some great gear in the past but, sadly those days are gone with many of the good sellers, both here & overseas, leaving. Luckily some have started their own web sites and are selling.  

Are you a buyer or seller?

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2010, 11:50:10 PM »
I'm afraid I cannot agree, Bazza, that your "history is unimportant". You have stated several assumptions which must rest on something, and it's puzzling that you don't wish to explain on what those assumptions rest.

If you don't wish to answer those questions, that's fine. It does give your argument less credibility since it rests entirely on what you have called your "experience", but that is your privilege. You must also be aware that talking of "winning a debate here" is rather a peculiar comment. Debating involves not just stating opposing opinions, but supporting those opinions. Formal debaters give supporting evidence rather than calling upon assumption and then not providing any sort of legitimacy - such as would occur with saying "I am a seller on eBay who prefers accepting PayPal" or "I am not a seller on eBay but I have studied the evidence of sellers preferring PayPal", or whatever it may be. The reason for providing such supporting evidence is to avoid the opposing debater from challenging assumptions and exposing them as mere assumptions without evidence. Hence you must be prepared to actually debate before expecting a win to be a real possibility.

But in actual fact, this thread is not and never was intended to be a "debate". I'm a little puzzled that you appear to think it is.

Have you perhaps misunderstood, and thought that this thread is about whether sellers prefer PayPal or don't prefer PayPal? It's not: it's about whether eBay is disallowing cheques and bank transfers on the UK site. It's not about opinion, but about following the facts that are leading sellers in the UK to worry that certain payment methods are either being excluded or are going to be excluded.

wyzeguy60

« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2010, 11:56:29 PM »

Well my experience with the last few item's I purchased recently is the sellers offered express post at regular post price if I paid via bank deposit...they offered ...I didn't ask...

It would be interesting if a poll was put to say 20 sellers and asked their preferred method of payment... an honest poll...not an Ebay instigated number twisting hot air session...

I see it far more simplistically than this.

When ebay introduced paypal as potentially an only option a large number of older demographic buyers left the site. Many of these were collectors of antiques, coins etc.
They simply did not wish to enter an online payment system - too risky and complicated in their view.
I still enjoy these buyers, all done privately of course.

Who loses out - sellers ( less sales )
and ebay - less items sold through their site.

even today as much as 50 % of my trades on ebay are by bank deposit and money order / cheque.

If this is an indication of the number of buyers in my chosen field who still use old fashioned " safe " methods how much would ebay lose if they enforced mandatory paypal.

An interesting thought.
 ;D

Bazza

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2010, 12:12:56 AM »
Countessa, history is unimportant because frankly, history can be fictional. Anyone can make up history on a forum. I prefer to debate/argue points that I have an opinion on currently. I do note that there are very few debates here. My opinion, based on my experience here, is that people know they will be set-upon if they rock the boat. I don't think that was the original purpose of this forum. Was it?

It is my opinion that debate does not have to be as formal as you descibe. Allowing people to share an opinion in the way they see fit doesn't mean they must back up their opinion with evidence. It means they have an opinion they want to share. To discuss.

I think you will find that one of your own, attempted to turn this into a debate.

Hearsay is something not perceived with ones own senses, sight, sound, feel taste, smell. Opinions are not perceived with one's own senses but are just that, opinions and are therefore hearsay .

Ubbiemax, it is my opinion, that that statement is absolute rubbish.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2010, 12:17:17 AM »
"Hearsay is something not perceived with ones own senses, sight, sound, feel taste, smell. Opinions are not perceived with one's own senses but are just that, opinions and are therefore hearsay .

Ubbiemax, it is my opinion, that that statement is absolute rubbish."

You are entitled to your opinion but, that is what has and still is being tought to a tertiary level in the Law enforcement field. It is the plain English way of explaining hearsay.

Bazza

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2010, 12:22:15 AM »
Here is an example just sent to me by a member of this forum. I have their permission to use it here.

Over the last 3 weeks, I've bought 38 items off ebay. Some from overseas and some from Aus. Not one of those sellers asked to be paid by DD or offered cheaper postage for DD. 29 of those sellers only accepted PP. I used PP for every one.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2010, 12:32:31 AM »
Bazza, you don't need to continue to defend your refusal to answer the questions put to you. As I've explained, that's fine. It just means that it's likely some will not consider your experience to have been explained, and hence will not factor it in in the event of a debate thread being created. It's entirely up to you if you prefer to be thought of as a bit of a mystery and not linked to selling activity on eBay.

It will inevitably cause some to wonder why you apparently wish to promote the value of PayPal here if you are NOT a seller on eBay and do not use PayPal as a seller yourself. But it is your privilege.

Perhaps you have little experience of other forums: I'm not sure why you have commented on "I do note that there are very few debates here". There are sites specifically set up for debating, and if you wish, I will PM you the links. They can be very interesting, and if you'd like to hone your debating skills, some of the forums are ideal for that purpose. Just let me know if you'd like that information, but PM me if so, as I would prefer to see this thread try to keep on topic.

I'm talking with various UK sellers at this moment, on the subject of this thread.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2010, 12:35:37 AM »
"Over the last 3 weeks, I've bought 38 items off ebay. Some from overseas and some from Aus. Not one of those sellers asked to be paid by DD or offered cheaper postage for DD. 29 of those sellers only accepted PP. I used PP for every one."

I wonder why that member didn't post that comment his or herself? It is of course his or her prerogative whether he or she wishes to post of course but,
that statement would have more credibility if that person had posted.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2010, 12:36:11 AM »
Chris from Tamebay may be able to help with this topic ... he has his finger on the eBay.uk pulse 

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2010, 12:38:08 AM »
That's a good point, Smee. It would be excellent to discuss this with him.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2010, 12:38:18 AM »
Yeah Smee. I forgot about him. He is a very learned person on matters pertaining to Ebay.