Author Topic: ADJUSTING TO EBAYS UPCOMING CHANGES - FROM AUCTIVA TODAY  (Read 5633 times)

gr8-expectations

ADJUSTING TO EBAYS UPCOMING CHANGES - FROM AUCTIVA TODAY
« on: February 13, 2010, 01:52:52 PM »
Still Deciding How to Adjust to eBay's Changes?

adjusting to eBay changes Dear XXXXXX,

With eBay's recently announced changes, many sellers are crunching numbers to figure out how best to adapt their businesses. eBay's new fee structure has captured much of the attention, but in addition to these fee changes, you should also be aware of a few other points that take effect this spring.

Changing fees
adjusting to eBay changes Subtitle fees. Subtitles and other optional listing upgrades you purchased for your Store Inventory format listings will carry over when these listings become fixed priced on March 30. However, these fees will begin at $1.50 each, which can mean a significant increase to your total fees. If you decide to be more conservative with such options, remember that our Advanced Relist Editing tool can help you easily change your use of listings upgrades in some, or all of your listings.

Other changes
End of Store Inventory format. eBay will phase out the Store Inventory listing format by March 30. During the transition, listings in this format will be displayed as fixed-priced. If you list Store Inventory format listings through Auctiva, we'll convert these to the fixed-priced listing format once required by eBay. adjusting to eBay changes

If you're rethinking your eBay Store subscription, consider expanding your business with a stand-alone e-commerce storefront from Auctiva Commerce. Full-featured and completely customizable, our solution even helps you easily get your products in Google search results. From inventory management, to integrated shipping quotes, to payment processing, Auctiva Commerce Stores offer it all. And through June 2010, we're waiving the Auctiva Commerce monthly store fee, normally just $9.95/mo. Get your store today.

Changes on eBay Motors. If you sell on eBay Motors, be sure your listings specify a return policy and handling time. Announced in 2009, eBay will begin enforcing this requirement in June. We've already added reminders to our One-page Lister. And, if you list with us, you can also use our Find & Replace function to add these details before reposting saved listings.

The right partnership
At Auctiva, we continuously work with eBay to stay in sync with its policy changes and new features, and we constantly enhance our software to serve you well and help you adapt. This is just one more reason your decision to partner with Auctiva, the leading Certified Third-Party Developer, is a good one. No other service has both our resources and commitment to continue providing you the tools you need to sell online more efficiently and effectively.

Need help?
These are just a few points introduced in eBay's recent announcement. For more details on the upcoming changes, please read our Auctiva EDU article or our Auctiva Blog post, which focuses on calculating your new fees. And, of course, if you have any questions about your Auctiva account, please contact our Customer Support team.

Wishing you continued success,

Signature photo         Signature
Tony Maxey
Sr. Product Manager—Auctiva.com

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
Re: ADJUSTING TO EBAYS UPCOMING CHANGES - FROM AUCTIVA TODAY
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 05:04:57 PM »
My question is: Why would sellers want to stay with eBay anymore?

*snipe*
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 06:09:39 PM »
I patched into Ebay au for the first time in ages today. When I looked at specific listings I found that the layout/format has changed. It is very bland much like the old DOS format with colour & a picture. Is it my computer or has Ebay downgraded the appearance quality of individual listings?

Other non related selling sites are normal when I look at them.

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 08:58:54 PM »
My question is: Why would sellers want to stay with eBay anymore?

*snipe*

tellomon,

for someone that has nothing or wants nothing to do with eBay the question must be asked, "what are you doing on an eBay forum"?

are you aware that using oversized font is deemed by forum protocol as yelling? ... the size of your font would imply that you are more screaming at the top of your voice

edited

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 09:12:06 PM »
Oh. let's rag on tello, now.

I didn't intentionally diss you.

You might wanna rethink yer hostile posturing.

I would.

It doesn't make for a healthy community.

Merlin

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 09:22:37 PM »
May I suggest some decorum?

This above all: To thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 09:41:54 PM »
Please do!

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 10:49:45 PM »
But as my wise old mother used to say 'Empty vessels make the most noise'

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 10:55:10 PM »
I've found it a little tricky to get used to the layout of eBay on its French site. You're right, Ubbie, about the blandness, but... actually, I found the French site faster to load than the Australian eBay site.

I wonder whether different architecture is being used.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 10:58:42 PM »
That's a relief Countess. I was wondering if my mongrel idiot computer had decided to go nuts & change things but, I guess not. It gets a reprieve from being hurled out the window, for the time being anyway.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 11:00:29 PM »
It's weird that when I do search on ebay, I generally search on sites other than the Australian one.

I NEVER receive the search results I should receive on eBay.com.au, not even if I select INTERNATIONAL.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"