Author Topic: Chanel purchase from the Netherlands...  (Read 11897 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Chanel purchase from the Netherlands...
« on: November 26, 2014, 11:40:35 AM »
... There's a very beautiful nail polish which Chanel released in... I think 2011... called peridot (531).

It is amazingly beautiful, and really does look like the stone after which it's named.

I was trying to get hold of some bottles of this. It was a Limited Edition hence no longer available from Chanel.

I managed to get a bottle from a lovely Spanish seller, but had also ordered a bottle from a seller in the Netherlands who had it listed as part of a set of three (graphite, quartz, peridot - which made up the Le Vernis 2011 Fall Collection), so I grabbed the lot.

Well, that parcel just arrived today - with a problem.

The seller has included two bottles of quartz... one bottle of graphite... NO peridot.

I've just contacted her; hopefully she can remedy this.

I don't want to give the poor seller one of those automatic defects, so I chose the generic subject heading rather than the "I received an item that wasn't as described" one.

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Chanel purchase from the Netherlands...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 11:44:02 AM »
Why do you need Chanel for you nether regions?

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 12:55:05 PM »
*smack*

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 02:12:55 PM »
We use clear nail varnish on some Trout flies. I use Sally Hansens Hard as nails.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 06:03:13 PM »
That's a good choice, Ubbie.

You could also use OPI Nail Envy, and rename it Trout Fly Envy.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 05:15:20 PM »
Stupid stupid eBay system... *grumbles*

I waited for some time for the seller to respond - no response.

I thought - well, perhaps the seller doesn't realize it's not as described, so I will tray again, and this time select the not as described topic.

It's ridiculous! eBay only gives me an option to request a return!

I don't want to return the bottles of nail polish. I want the third polish I purchased SENT to me. eBay has complicated a simple issue into something ridiculous and convoluted and failed to allow me the actual option I want.

*flings bottle of cheap nail polish at eBay's desk, with the hope it will shatter and pour ghastly red nail lacquer all over eBay's list of Stupid Things To Do Today*

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 08:06:47 PM »
Try claiming through Paypal, if you used Paypal. I have in the past & they came good & refunded.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 11:36:01 PM »
If the Seller doesn't respond to a considered, low impact effort to resolve a problem, then I wouldn't be worried about them racking up a 'defect'

When the colour you specifically wanted was not included, I'd call that a clear SNAD.

If you don't get a satisfactory response from the Seller, then maybe you need to raise a dispute to get their attention.  You are not obliged to proceed through to a claim, as you can close the dispute if you resolve things with the Seller.

However, BE WARNED .... Do NOT close the dispute until you have the right product in your hand - because once you close a dispute, you cannot re-raise it.

If worse comes to worst and you must escalate to a claim (for example, if your dispute time limit is approaching) escalating gives you another 20 days to sort things out.

Then, if time is running out on the claim, I suggest you proceed to the ultimate end of getting your money back.

If the Seller has sent the right stuff which arrives any time after the claim is paid, then you, being an honest person, can always let them know and get them to send you a PayPal invoice, which you can then pay.

Jimmeh

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2015, 02:02:24 AM »
... There's a very beautiful nail polish which Chanel released in... I think 2011... called peridot (531).

It is amazingly beautiful, and really does look like the stone after which it's named.

I was trying to get hold of some bottles of this. It was a Limited Edition hence no longer available from Chanel.

I managed to get a bottle from a lovely Spanish seller, but had also ordered a bottle from a seller in the Netherlands who had it listed as part of a set of three (graphite, quartz, peridot - which made up the Le Vernis 2011 Fall Collection), so I grabbed the lot.

Well, that parcel just arrived today - with a problem.

The seller has included two bottles of quartz... one bottle of graphite... NO peridot.

I've just contacted her; hopefully she can remedy this.

I don't want to give the poor seller one of those automatic defects, so I chose the generic subject heading rather than the "I received an item that wasn't as described" one.

I have 2 theories.

1) It was a typo? listed as part of a set of three....graphite, quartz, peridot -

What they really meant was.....It wasn't listed as a set of three, but actually should have said, "graphite and quartz period!".

THEORY 2) They saw the episode of Star Trek where Captain Kirk used those same minerals to defeat the Gorn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IDD3-2_wLR8#t=137

It's being shipped separately!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IDD3-2_wLR8#t=112

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2015, 02:30:29 PM »
I like both of those theories.

But... the seller just didn't bother replying and either knew that the peridot was missing... or didn't care.

At any rate, several other purchasers at around the same time received either nothing or the wrong item, and of course raised disputes or gave negatives - and the seller is no longer on eBay. A sad end.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2015, 03:51:41 PM »
Did you get your spondula back?

Jimmeh

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2015, 11:29:01 PM »
I like both of those theories.

But... the seller just didn't bother replying and either knew that the peridot was missing... or didn't care.

At any rate, several other purchasers at around the same time received either nothing or the wrong item, and of course raised disputes or gave negatives - and the seller is no longer on eBay. A sad end.

You should then get your money back and get to keep 2 you have.

That's what I like about ebay....the protection.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 01:18:26 AM »
I didn't get my money back. The Money Back Guarantee page kept telling me eBay would step in to resolve. HUGE glitches site-wide. I couldn't do anything, no links led anywhere... so I shrugged and wrote it off as an unpleasant and unsatisfactory experience. (I had other things on my mind, too... )

Jimmeh

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2015, 07:55:34 AM »
Countessa, did you file a claim? If not, file one with paypal. It's fast and easy.

I had to file one once...it took less than a minute.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 10:12:26 AM »
Once you open an eBay dispute, you cannot open a PayPal dispute.

I'd have opened it through PayPal were it not for the fact that PayPal was glitching at the time. The new MBG had just begun and both PayPal and eBay were throwing up error messages and eBay happened to be the first dispute process that finally opened even though it ended up opening the disputed without any clickable links, just a placebo message that eBay would be contactable after a particular date.

When that date arrived, there was still no clickable link and it simply closed without my getting any sort of resolution.

Because I have had other issues on my mind, I decided not to pursue it further as i made the executive decision not to stress over it.