Author Topic: WANTED  (Read 119661 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
WANTED
« on: October 01, 2009, 02:27:52 PM »
Perhaps some of us can help each other out by finding some of the things we'd like to obtain. As things are located, I'll edit the posts to include a "FOUND" image so that we know what's still on the wish-list and what isn't.

I've posted about these before, but here are two items I want.

1. Audio CD of François le Roux singing Massenet mélodies. I already have the Gounod, the Fauré 4CD-set, the Debussy, the album of French duets, and a few others, but I want the Massenet. I have tried extensively to get hold of this. It is out of print. I call this one very hard-to-find.

2. I want the DVD of Don Giovanni with Rodney Gilfry as the Don - not the one with Cecilia Bartoli, but the one conducted by Sir John Eliot Gardiner in Amsterdam. (It was performed in the Concertgebouw for the Amsterdam Holland Festival 1994: directed by John Eliot Gardiner, with The English Baroque Soloists and The Monteverdi Choir.)
CAST
Don: Rodney Gilfrey
Leporello: Ildebrando D'Arcangelo
Donna Anna: Luba Orgonasova
Don Ottavio: Cristoph Pregardien
Donna Elvira: Charlotte Margiono

There's a CD edition with an almost identical cast. I have that. I want the DVD. Again - very hard-to-find. I've searched everywhere I could think of.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
Re: WANTED
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 03:12:43 PM »
I have severe excess Drums, Drum Parts and Equipment!

On sale at reasonable prices. (Better than eBay!)

Send me an email for pix and descriptions.

C):-{= <"junk thread? "<<
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 03:16:51 PM »
Countess. I don't have any of that music but, I will sell you some used arrows if you need any.

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 08:11:05 PM »
Any spare single men available? ;D

Must be housetrained.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 08:13:21 PM »
Any spare single men available? ;D

Must be housetrained.

Ha !...wait till tello see's this add!....LOL...

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 08:41:14 PM »
I realise this is a WANTED thread but I am going to go the other way
ATT: BLACKADDER FANS
I had series 1 - 4 dvd's listed on ebay as invidual items series 2 & 3 sold but despite relisting 1 & 4 Ive had no takers so before I go to the expense and effort to re-list again if anyone one here is interested in aquiring these I am happy to do a mates rate deal ..both series dvds are brand new and sealed and contain the following episodes
BLACKADDER 1THE FORETELLING. With Peter Cook as Richard III. From out of the swirling mist of the Dark Ages comes a lone horseman cursed from youth by a deformed haircut and sporting a particularly evil pair if tights.

BORN TO BE KING. Treachery, murder and Morris-dancing break out in all their full horror when an orange-faced stranger arrives at court.

THE ARCHBISHOP. The landscape is littered with dead Archbishops of Canterbury. Edmund's cunning plan is to get his deadliest rival appointed to the vacancy....

THE QUEEN OF SPAIN'S BEARD. With Miriam Margolyes as Princess Maria. The King's international treachery gives the hideous Edmund a chance to press his clammy body against of Europe's most eligible princesses.

WITCHSMELLER PURSUIVANT. Frank Finlay stars as the repulsive Witchsmeller. The King is a bit under the weather with Black Death. Witchcraft is diagnosed by the Black Adder and only one man can root it out.

THE BLACK SEAL. With Rik Mayall as Mad Gerald. In a final gesture of defiance Edmund rides forth to seek out the Seven Most Evil Men in the land and return with them to seize the throne.

BLACKADDER GOES FORTH 4
Captain Cook 
When Field Marshal Haig unveils his new strategy to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin, Blackadder volunteers to be the Official War Artist.[8]
4-2 Corporal Punishment 
Despite problems with communications, orders for another mission arrive and Blackadder breaches regulations by eating the messenger. Can the Flanders pigeon murderer avoid the firing squad?[8]
4-3 Major Star 
Blackadder organises a variety show in the hope of being able to escape the war by performing at the London Palladium. However, problems arise after General Melchett falls for his "leading lady". Guest starring Gabrielle Glaister as Private "Bob" Parkhurst.[8]
4-4 Private Plane 
Despite his loathing of Lord Flashheart, Blackadder joins the Royal Flying Corps in order to escape the trenches. Guest starring Rik Mayall as Lord Flashheart and Adrian Edmondson as Baron von Richthofen.[8]
4-5 General Hospital 
George is injured and sent to the military infirmary, but Blackadder joins him when he is assigned to discover the identity of a spy in the hospital. Guest starring Miranda Richardson as Nurse Mary Fletcher-Brown and Bill Wallis as Sir Bernard Proudfoot-Smith.[8]
4-6 Goodbyeee... 
Millions have died but the troops have advanced no further than "an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping". Now, at last, the 'final' big push looms, and Edmund is willing to try anything to avoid it. Guest starring Geoffrey Palmer as Field Marshal Sir Douglas Haig.

gr8-expectations

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 08:45:34 PM »
i will take them for my kids smee who are black adder fans lets start the bargaining at 50 cents each and work downwards... lol

gr8-expectations

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 08:46:16 PM »
serially tho, message me the price, can even do bank deposit, love to see peter cook, my fave init

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 12:29:26 AM »
I already have all the Blackadder DVDs, otherwise I'd be fighting Gr8 for them, Smee!
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 12:30:46 AM »
its a done deal with Mr T

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 05:29:44 PM »
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 05:38:16 PM »
Yes, it's the one (the Don Giovanni). I found some of those excerpts on YouTube, but it's not the same as having the whole thing in good DVD quality, of course! However... *sigh* I do have the video. I may have to resort to having the video converted to a DVD.

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 05:51:56 PM »
Yes. I have been looking. I noted the Dallas University, Texas, USA had students doing a paper in 2005 and gave them leads to where  DVD/s ...Giovanni etc... could be obtained.

That made me wonder if there would be something available in Amsterdam? Or, if the English baroque Soloists/Monteverdi Choir lot would have something...or know how to obtain the particular DVD you want...No hide etc.. ;D It is a fair while ago, but ...

I wish you luck!
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 05:55:17 PM »
Thank you for checking. I think I may take up your ideas. Thank you!

**Cupie**

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 06:06:41 PM »
You'll need to look into this further, but it seems to be a guestbook for Rod Gilfrey...is that the bloke?....I'm still googling producers to see if I can find a source......but have a look at this link.....remember, I know nothing about this bloke...just snooping around in a logical fashion.

http://www.rodgilfry.com/guestframes.html

This seems to be the main site...http://www.gilfry.com/

And now I see why you like him....lol *wicked girl*...yes he's a bit of alright...not your average opera singer....lol

why not email the man himself and ask him who produced that DVD and where you can purchase a copy?.....nothing to lose....

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 06:10:35 PM »
He doesn't even have a copy himself, Cupie. (I've tried...!) Yes, many of his fans are looking for that DVD. (And yes, he's superb-looking as well as being vocally and dramatically the best Don Giovanni I've ever heard.)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 06:11:19 PM »
I am still having no luck finding the Massenet melodies recording with François le Roux. I may wail with anguish, but I'll keep looking.

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 06:13:35 PM »
Whoops! You beat me to it, cupie ;D

Meant to suggest contacting him. It is always worth going straight to the top, or performer/singer in this case.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 08:47:44 PM »
I contacted François le Roux by email about 40 minutes ago... He emailed back within 20 minutes! He had to confirm that the CD of the Massenet melodies was out of print, but he gave me a suggested link where I could put it on a wishlist, as well as letting me know he was going to check with the pianist on that recording to see whether he had any other ideas.

I couldn't resist being audacious in replying back to him, suggesting we "jam" together if he ever came over to Australia for a recital.

**Cupie**

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 08:49:50 PM »
Now I'm gonna love to see tello figure out how Opera singers have a 'jam'.....bet there's no kegs, bouncers or drum kits....lol.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 08:52:56 PM »
No, none of that! Perhaps "jam" is the wrong word... more a practice session singing a French duet together was the idea. (And it was VERY audacious. I don't have anywhere near the world stature in classical music that he does. I'm fully aware of what a cheek it was... )

**Cupie**

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 08:53:39 PM »
Nothing ventured, nothing gained....!!!

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 08:54:52 PM »

??????? ;D

misha

• Membermn
  • Knight of the RT
  • NO CONFIDENCE
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 04:24:40 PM »
WANTED:  Bulk Australian pre or post 1946 Threepence coins - Bullion Grade.

Pre. 1946 = 92.5% silver content.
Post 1945 = 50% silver content.

Will pay up to 5% premium on silver spot price.
Bulk preferred due to shipping cost, however I will consider smaller accumulations.
Not wanted for their 'coin' collectible value.
pobox486cronulla@hotmail.com    I have NO HERO'S or IDOLS.  I will question everything and anyone having faith only in myself.

misha

• Membermn
  • Knight of the RT
  • NO CONFIDENCE
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 04:43:51 PM »
WANTED:  COPY of Tim Buckley - Blue Afternoon [1969]  in digital format.

This album is readily available in LP format, but I'm totaly done with that limited format long ago.
This album was remastered and released on CD, but now long 'out of print'.
Copies of this CD sell for an unreasonable price and I refuse to buy when it could end up being reissued.

I'm interested in a burn copy from a CD... not a needle drop recording taken from an LP.
This is the last album needed to complete a collection of Tim Buckley works.
One album [Star Sailor] has never been mastered to CD so I'm stuck with the LP of that.

Fourth LP issued by the late progressive folk-rocker. This 1969 album is the bridge between Buckley's jazzy folk-rock and his later, more experimental recordings.

Track listing (Side 1): Happy Time (3:15) / Chase The Blues Away (5:10) / I Must Have Been Blind (3:40) / The River (5:47). (Side 2): So Lonely (3:27) / Cafe (5:40) / Blue Melody (4:55) / The Train (7:53).

pobox486cronulla@hotmail.com    I have NO HERO'S or IDOLS.  I will question everything and anyone having faith only in myself.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 04:53:15 PM »
Misha, there are mp3 download versions available of the Tim Buckley CD for GBP 5.52. It would be easy enough to get one of our UK friends to download on your behalf if the whole silly country restriction thing comes into play, and then burn it onto CD and mail it to you. Is that an equitable solution?

misha

• Membermn
  • Knight of the RT
  • NO CONFIDENCE
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009, 04:56:36 PM »
Ummm ... depending upon bit rate as mp3 can be very compressed and so dynamically compromised.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2009, 07:32:10 PM »
Wanted

Pluto Pups, new & unused only.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2009, 09:34:43 PM »
Ubbrd...

One Pluto pup.$20.00 US

Uneaten. Totally fresh. Extras free.

Postage $100.00 US .

PayPal fees to be paid by the purchaser.

I take no responsibility for the safe arrival of your purchase, and will post when I have the time---so live with it.

Have a nice day.

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2009, 09:39:34 PM »
2 cent reduction for the cold peas.. ;D

katanatrading

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2010, 11:41:51 PM »
Pinball machine - any condition and any age WANTED.

Forget the fancy 'loony' pricing some are asking for old junk......

Prefer eastern states due high freight costs.

XXXXX

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2010, 11:46:21 PM »

Welcome to the site Kat... BTW this site isn't an advertising forum, check out the post's and you'll see what we're about...enjoy the ambiance.... Yibster.

Nightparrot

• Knight of the RT
Re: Tim Buckley
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2010, 10:32:36 AM »
Just noticed there is another Tim Buckley fan out there, I didn't think there were many around.....

Best of luck getting Blue Afternoon. I just checked 78 Records here in Perth who usually have everything but they only have a vinyl copy.

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2010, 01:29:09 AM »
This is a very difficult Wanted

I am looking for copy of Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass.

Author-- Lewis Carroll.

Hardback - illustrated with copies of the original illustrations by Sir John Tenniel. Not coloured illustrations.

I have no idea what the dust cover looked like ( if one ever existed) as it was not on the book when I was given it.

The hard cover had some of  John Tenniel's drawings from the book set in rows and the background colour of the cover was a yellowish shade. The spine was bound in a navy/dark blue cloth . Cotton perhaps, as it was soft.

It was in existence in the early 1950s (or late 1940s possibly, or pre WW2), but I have no idea of when/ where it was published, or who published it.

It is like looking for a needle in a haystack, as I cannot give a good idea of a time of publication, or if it was published in Britain or US.  I strongly suspect Britain.

I cannot see it anywhere when I have tried to search. Plenty of different editions but not that one. 

stemschicky

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2010, 12:55:31 PM »
I really really really want a copy of Ägainst the Wind on DVD, Jon English, cant find the bu***r anywhere

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2010, 02:09:11 PM »

gr8-expectations

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2010, 02:11:52 PM »
This is a very difficult Wanted

I am looking for copy of Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass.

Author-- Lewis Carroll.

Hardback - illustrated with copies of the original illustrations by Sir John Tenniel. Not coloured illustrations.

I have no idea what the dust cover looked like ( if one ever existed) as it was not on the book when I was given it.

The hard cover had some of  John Tenniel's drawings from the book set in rows and the background colour of the cover was a yellowish shade. The spine was bound in a navy/dark blue cloth . Cotton perhaps, as it was soft.

It was in existence in the early 1950s (or late 1940s possibly, or pre WW2), but I have no idea of when/ where it was published, or who published it.

It is like looking for a needle in a haystack, as I cannot give a good idea of a time of publication, or if it was published in Britain or US.  I strongly suspect Britain.

I cannot see it anywhere when I have tried to search. Plenty of different editions but not that one. 

I have an early one you can have for free cent because its in poor condition, message me and I will send to you

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2010, 02:12:37 PM »
I think you will find that Jb Hi fi will be out of stock, this 4 disc set is no longer being produced
if you can locate a set you are more than  likely going to have to pay around $40 for it ....

its fairly scarce now

gr8-expectations

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2010, 02:14:27 PM »
mine has a light blue cover with a drawing (line) of Alice on it, the illustrations are by Tenniel, and they are not coloured, mine is circa 1902 I think from mem, might be a good reference anyway, I will post a link to the exact one you are looking for later cent

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2010, 02:15:28 PM »
Centuries, I've searched without finding an edition that looks like the one you're describing... I'm sorry!

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2010, 02:17:41 PM »

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2010, 02:20:46 PM »
havent checked , but doubtful any on amazon would be region 4

which is fine if you have suitable machine to play other regions on and if they are genuiine 

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2010, 02:24:13 PM »
surely the iphone would have a "create your own dvd" app ????

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2010, 02:27:13 PM »
I'll check, but in the meantime, I've noticed it has an iSmackCheekySmee app.

gr8-expectations

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2010, 02:27:14 PM »

gr8-expectations

stemschicky

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2010, 02:32:10 PM »
I think you will find that Jb Hi fi will be out of stock, this 4 disc set is no longer being produced
if you can locate a set you are more than  likely going to have to pay around $40 for it ....

its fairly scarce now

It is Smee, it was recently on ebay and went for $70 odd dollars, Out of Stock everywhere, was hoping someone may have it in the back of a cupboard or something lol

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2010, 02:45:13 PM »
Centuries, Wow, I've just had a look on Amazon for your book. There are editions dating back to 1865! But most of them don't have pics of the cover.

They are advertised on Amazon Marketplace so will only deliver to a US address. If you are able to find the one you're looking for let me know and I can buy it for you.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_p_n_binding_browse-b_0?rh=i%3Astripbooks%2Cn%3A!1000%2Ck%3Aalice+wonderland+carroll+Tenniel%2Cp_n_binding_browse-bin%3A394181011&bbn=1000&keywords=alice+wonderland+carroll+Tenniel&ie=UTF8&qid=1271825081&rnid=394174011

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2010, 02:48:28 PM »

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2010, 03:00:14 PM »
Smee, the DVDs that Countess found on Amazon UK have the following details:

#  Format: PAL
# Language English
# Region: All Regions

I have no idea how regions work but does that mean it will play on Aus DVD players?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000NA6UTC/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=