Author Topic: ACORN - Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network. Finally getting serious!  (Read 5870 times)

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
This popped up as I went to log in to ... of all places ... eBay:

http://www.acorn.gov.au/

Sections offered:
HOME
ABOUT
LEARN
PROTECT
SUPPORT
FAQ

Here's the breadcrumb path for reporting:

Start > Offence > Victim > Suspect > Method > Loss > Summary > Finished

... and here's the direct link to start:

https://report.acorn.gov.au/

From the "ABOUT" page:

About the ACORN

What is the ACORN?

Cybercrime is an issue which affects many Australians. As Australia’s reliance on technology grows, the cost and incidence of cybercrime is expected to increase.

The Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network (ACORN) is a national policing initiative of the Commonwealth, State and Territory governments. It is a national online system that will allow the public to securely report instances of cybercrime. It will also provide advice to help people recognise and avoid common types of cybercrime.

The ACORN is a key initiative under the National Plan to Combat Cybercrime, which sets out how Australian agencies are working together to make Australia a harder target for cybercriminals. The ACORN has been designed to make it easier to report cybercrime and help develop a better understanding of the cybercrime affecting Australians. By understanding the enablers of cybercrime, we can make it harder and less rewarding to commit cybercrime.

What does the ACORN do?

The ACORN provides information on how to recognise and avoid common forms of cybercrime (such as hacking, online scams, online fraud, identity theft and attacks on computer systems) as well as advice for those who have fallen victim. It also makes reporting cybercrime easier and more convenient for all Australians.

Who is responsible for the ACORN?

The ACORN has been designed and will be delivered in collaboration with:

All Australian police agencies
The Australian Crime Commission
The Australian Attorney-General’s Department
The Australia New Zealand Policing Advisory Agency
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
The Australian Communications and Media Authority and
CrimTrac

Let's hope it works.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Thats nuts

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Well - that's truly encouraging, as I'd noticed the link to report cybercrimes on the previous site seems to be only for QLD now.

This may be just what the victim ordered.

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT