Author Topic: Wrong email address for PayPal? Discussion  (Read 9958 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Wrong email address for PayPal? Discussion
« on: July 18, 2009, 11:40:48 PM »
The link is here.

As you can see, some of the eBayers there are saying that as long as the PayPal payment clearly mentions the eBay purchase, that "As long as you use the pay for ebay items subtab you are ok" ... you're covered.

Another seller has said "The seller needs to send a new invoice and when they do this, they need to link the invoice to the ebay listing."

Who has actually EXPERIENCED this situation? Which of the pieces from your experience is correct?
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Poddy

Re: Wrong email address for PayPal? Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 12:21:03 AM »
If you MUST pay for an eBay purchase using PayPal (international) I have found it safest to just click the Pay Now button within eBay then there is no risk of being redirected to a phishing site.

Having said that I always offer to pay using Direct Deposit and in 99.99% of all local cases they take the offer and thank me :)

Is Direct deposit safe?

In over 800 DDs I have had ZERO go wrong.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 12:26:09 AM »
I have had an experience of paying through PayPal to another email address - twice.

Both times there was no problem, but that's my point... Had there been a problem, one would of course want to know where one stands in the event of a dispute.

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 12:31:34 AM »
I have had an experience of paying through PayPal to another email address - twice.

Both times there was no problem, but that's my point... Had there been a problem, one would of course want to know where one stands in the event of a dispute.

Where you stand Countess is the buyer is protected no matter what , you always will get your money back one way or another , The seller ... well he just has to bend over ... simple