Author Topic: Internet gambling scam - the 7.30 report  (Read 8127 times)

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Internet gambling scam - the 7.30 report
« on: September 14, 2012, 04:02:18 AM »
I saw this story on last nights 7.30 report

It must be frustrating and inconvenient for people who get ripped off

Its no wonder internet fraud is so rife , none of the authorities seem to pursue
the scammers with any degree of urgency
I felt the same frustration a couple of years ago when dealing with the local cops regarding a
scam , everyone wants to wash their hands of it and buck pass to other state police or the feds or asic or accc or fair trading , but none of them actually take action
Here is a video of the story .... Hopefully something may get done about this thieving fat bastard now that its been expsed on tv ... Hopefully it embarresses the relevant authorities into taking action PRONTO and making an arrest and closing down this tossers websites ... It annoys me that the Qld cops have  sat on this since July 2011 and done naff all

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2012/s3589855.htm

Any comments ?

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Internet gambling scam - the 7.30 report
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 09:11:15 AM »

Neg em ! ... Neg em all !

snipe !

***Mr Magoo 2U***

• A. Herm (Magoogle it)
  • Knight of the RT
  • Get Out of My Way Sonny!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 11:01:48 AM »

theres nuthin worse than a FAT fraudster ..... nuke him!!!!
May the Sprouts be wuth u Oscar .....

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 01:31:21 PM »

Any comments ?

1. Legislation hasn't caught up with Technology.

2. Law Enforcement hasn't been given the resources (skills, funding, legislation, etc.) nor the mandate to effectively get stuck into the problem.

3. As much as you might hate them, Politicians across the country - and, indeed, across the world - need to be 'brought on board' ... in a BIG way.

4. The problem is only going to get bigger.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 01:55:56 PM »
Technology hasnt got anything to do with this problem

The fat bastard is stealing from peope , the NSW cops knew it and arranged to raid his remises and hopefully arrest the knob jockey
The Gold coast cos said no you cant its our territory we have to do it .... And tneyve done felafel all ...

Whilst your points are all valid in general terms , in this instance the fault ays fair and square with the lazy incompetant Gold Coast fruad squad ... They need their arses kicked , then pineappled and then jailed for aiding and abetting fraud , by their non action they have facilitated the fraudster to defraud more peopke and the police need to b held accountable or whoevers fault that no action has been taken needs to be held accountable as do the fraudsters themselves .... By taking no action against people who behave in an unacceptable manner only adds to the problem .... We need to stop aking excuses for these authorities that fail to do their jobs and prevent this stuff happening but worse still if they cant prevent it ,at least do tneir damn jobs and nip the problem in the bud once its clear a crime has been committed ....

Too many people accept mediocrity.....

The inaction by the authorities in Queensland on this matter is piss poor
and by authorities all over Australia and probably the world when it comes to tnieving dirty rotten stinking lowlife scamming Wonkers

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 07:29:57 PM »
Put that Hanaman character in front of an experienced Law Enforcement interrogator & I think he would throw the towel in.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 07:42:24 PM »
Yes , he was shitting like a big black alsatian when questioned by the reporter

There would be shart spewing out of every orrifice if questioned by the old good cop bad cop method .... Would squeal like a stuck pig

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 05:42:44 PM »
It is hard to know how to respond to that segment.

There are few possibilities that I can think of to explain the QLD police inaction, and it comes down to this:

1. They're just not bothering. (Inexplicable if this is the answer.)
   2. There is an ongoing case and the QLD police are holding back while they try to reel in bigger fish.
   3. Bribery and corruption of the police. (Disgusting and criminal if so.)
   4. Insufficient evidence to charge those involved. (It does not seem likely that this is the case; the evidence referred to in the interview is rather convincing.)

It really seems to me that there MUST be an ongoing case... but if so, more and more people are losing their money through the police's current inaction.

... Well, changing the subject slightly, I do wish those involved could see how STUPIDLY they behaved. Can't they spot the simple truth that returns such as they've mentioned just DON'T HAPPEN? You do not get 100% return on your money in a month or two. You don't get that in a YEAR. There is no finance fairy hovering around giving wonderful and munificent blessings to assist those in debt, in trouble or in want.
Get-rich-quick schemes are more than likely not legitimate. It doesn't happen.
In fact, people who believe such things are considered ideal "marks" by conmen - because they basically want something for nothing.
Please, people... don't fall into these traps. The world abounds with criminals, conmen, fraudsters, all of whom are looking for people who will fall prey to get-rich-quick schemes. Don't do it. Be smart; be wary, be cautious.
Cons can look very, very convincing. But the crack is at the very heart of it - the crack that runs through the bedrock of faith. You will not get incredible returns for no risk investment. It does - not - happen.

... Back to the topic. I hope all who did fall prey to this disgusting con will gain redress swiftly. Now that the segment has been aired, something surely must be done.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 07:06:22 PM »
I will add three more possibilities....

5. Jurisdictional issues.  I don't know how it works in these cases, but I suspect that the legal side of it needs to be very carefully managed.
  6. Resources.  Maybe it is as simple as the Queensland police have enough to do dealing with their own local workload - and that all hell would break loose if they attended to matters where the victim is interstate and neglected someone local whose taxes pay their wages.
  7. Priorities. (Related to resources) It may be the effort to pursue this case could have been applied to multiple other cases and/or that the outcome is less certain than it might be for other cases.  In other words - do you chase one villain that you might get - or three you are quite confident of convicting?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 07:21:04 PM »
The bloke is in Queensland thats why they wouldnt let the NSW cops  execute the warrant

Have you actually watched the video ?

But all that aside , someone should take action ... Its got to be in someones juristiction ....The federal police fraud squad ... Asic , fair trading , ACCC ? ..... Its got to be within their juristiction ... Or they could just keep turning a blind eye and not oing what they were set up to do ... As I said its mo wonder scammers are rife , not a single authority canbe bothered to actually pursue them .... Its wrong

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 07:33:22 PM »
Yes, I watched the video, but you missed my point.

The villain might be in Qld - but have there been any victims identified in Qld?

Mind you, I do not offer that as an excuse - rather an explanation.  Something DOES need to be done ... and it would seem it needs a level of involvement at the Federal level, so ALL Australians are equally protected.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 07:34:36 PM »
Wanna give Juila a call and ask her.......?

tommy.irene

• Knight of the RT
  • Im a 99 year old IRISHMAN..But I still think im 25
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 06:59:12 AM »
send for the Irish..
***** TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL *****