Author Topic: You have to enjoy this seller...  (Read 10739 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
You have to enjoy this seller...
« on: July 15, 2009, 09:51:06 PM »
I came across this while searching for some bedding for the mother-in-law of a friend's friend:

"We are relax bedding people, don't work Sat & Sun to keep up our quality of product & services!"

Now, mind you, this seller does seem to have forgotten to change the listing template to avoid the "NON PAYING BIDDERS WILL RECEIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK" thing, but I liked the fact that the seller stated this:

"IF for valid reason (to avoid muck around) you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may return your item under the following conditions and return us within 3 days of receiving item.
  • Item must be returned in new excellent condition
  • Item must be properly packaged and insured
Once we receive the item, we will issue the refund in the manner that was paid. Shipping charges are also refundable."

Something about this seller's style is rather appealing in a cute sort of way. The grammar could be improved, and admittedly the seller is in Hong Kong, but what do you think? Do you find the seller gives you the same nice impression that I receive?
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
Re: You have to enjoy this seller...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 09:57:28 PM »
Orientals always mangle the Engrish Language, but they mean no harm.
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 10:00:01 PM »
And after all, - well, I am learning to speak Mandarin Chinese, but my Mandarin Chinese is not as good as that seller's English. Kudos to the good Asian sellers. There definitely are some. I've always thought it was a pity that the DODGY Asian sellers were giving ALL Asian eBay sellers a bad name.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 10:01:30 PM »
what a stupid return policy .....
If the item was in excellent and new condition you probably wouldnt want to return it .... what if you received it and it was damaged you have to repair it to excellent nick before you can return it !!!

Maybe this guy works for ebay , They only fix what aint broken!

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 10:05:13 PM »
Smee, I honestly have the feeling the seller means that to be applicable to items damaged by the buyer... as in, don't give the quilt to the dog to play with, then send it back to us because you've "changed your mind". That's how I read it, anyway. I have to admit I was still chuckling over "We are relax bedding people, don't work Sat & Sun to keep up our quality of product & services" bit, and might not have read those terms as clearly as I should have.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 10:10:08 PM »
Smee, I honestly have the feeling the seller means that to be applicable to items damaged by the buyer... as in, don't give the quilt to the dog to play with, then send it back to us because you've "changed your mind". That's how I read it, anyway. I have to admit I was still chuckling over "We are relax bedding people, don't work Sat & Sun to keep up our quality of product & services" bit, and might not have read those terms as clearly as I should have.

Countess I agree that is what his intentions are but there are far better ways of wording it .... I'm sorry those terms as written as Poppycock !!!
However I do agree that his relaxed comment is good , I just dont like people who have to create  "garbage" comments in their returns policy its suggesting they are expecting people not to like their product . I personally do not state a returns policy ..... mine would be fairly unconditional , I actually had one fellow message me once prior to bidding and ask what my returns policy was , I replied that I dont need one nobody would want to return my items , they are always 100% as described never had a problem and dont envisage having one but if the need arose would give full consideration to request to return on its merits ..... the guy bid immediatley