Author Topic: eBay Basic/Featured Store fees to double from next month!  (Read 11975 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
eBay Basic/Featured Store fees to double from next month!
« on: August 14, 2012, 09:19:13 AM »
Basic and Featured Store subscription fees

From 15 September, the monthly subscription fee for Featured (and until it's retired, Basic) Stores will increase from $24.95 to $49.95.

This increase has become necessary as the fee changes made earlier this year (most of which were reductions) incentivised more sellers than expected to take advantage of Stores pricing. Buyers have different expectations about the service they receive when dealing with businesses compared to individual sellers, and Stores on eBay have become the easiest way for buyers to identify a business.

This new subscription fee is aimed at allowing the more serious businesses on eBay to continue operating a Store, while individual sellers should consider taking advantage of the 30 free listings* available every month.

We encourage you to consider operating a Store if you are running a business on eBay.com.au.

http://pages2.ebay.com.au/Hub/May_2012_seller_changes/Other_changes/Store_subscriptions

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: eBay Basic/Featured Store fees to double from next month!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 09:36:05 AM »
The dirty rotten filthy lowlife toerags

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 09:39:04 AM »
It's a joke isn't it!

This increase has become necessary as the fee changes made earlier this year (most of which were reductions) incentivised more sellers than expected to take advantage of Stores pricing.

In May they encouraged sellers to open stores if they weren't eligible for the 30 free listings each month. Then in September they double the fees because too many sellers followed their advice!

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 09:39:58 AM »
No more leaving the eBay store sitting empty while I have a 5 month break at the beach! :lol:

pra666

• Knight of the RT
    • The Sand Pit
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 11:17:22 AM »
It's a joke isn't it!

This increase has become necessary as the fee changes made earlier this year (most of which were reductions) incentivised more sellers than expected to take advantage of Stores pricing.

In May they encouraged sellers to open stores if they weren't eligible for the 30 free listings each month. Then in September they double the fees because too many sellers followed their advice!

Anyone who uses words such as "incentivised" should not be allowed to associate with human beings.

***Mr Magoo 2U***

• A. Herm (Magoogle it)
  • Knight of the RT
  • Get Out of My Way Sonny!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »
ebay are just low life scum, dont tell me they didnt plan this from the beginning of the increase and the 'phasing out' of the basic stores
I hate these bast****

this wont mean ebay actually give any service, when have they ever given service? real live human service where you were the only customer and there was any focus or where you talked to a skilled informed customer service representative?, and hasnt stopped them spamming sellers ads with ads for other sellers like products

when will this scam stop? I am becoming extremely depressed about all this;

1. scammers like ebay get away with rigging a search engine and manipulating a site all sellers rely upon in their rationale for being on ebay and why they pay the fees and then make changes to the 'venue' (ebay) which is NOT a venue at all, ebay pay very little GST in Australia, emply very few people and are the worst example of American Corporate Greed

IMAGINE the revenue increase this represents to them times X many stores for doing nothing more and those with massive investments of time and money in a site they should have some ownership of just have to go along for the roller coaster ride

The ACCC, Fair Trading (joke), the Police and others do very little about them and are weak facsimiles of what they should be, ebay have effectively wiped out their opposition for the Paypal $ too (Paymate) this is beyond normal corporate tactics its fraud and deceptive and misleading conduct under the trade practices act but the government employees WE pay to do a job do NOT do their job, they are NEVER pro active yet if as an individual we tried to get away with this behavior we would be locked up or fined

2. scammers like Groupon also, massive fraud on a massive scale and a listed company ..... still NOTHING done

What sort of world do we really live in today?

May the Sprouts be wuth u Oscar .....

***Mr Magoo 2U***

• A. Herm (Magoogle it)
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 01:24:01 PM »
received today by me also;

Important fee changes to Basic and Featured Store subscriptions

Basic and Featured Store Subscription Fees
From 15 September, the monthly subscription fee for Featured (and until it's retired, Basic) Stores will increase from $24.95 to $49.95.

This increase has become necessary as the fee changes made earlier this year (most of which were reductions) incentivised more sellers than expected to take advantage of Stores pricing. Buyers have different expectations about the service they receive when dealing with businesses compared to individual sellers, and Stores on eBay have become the easiest way for buyers to identify a business.

This new subscription fee is aimed at allowing the more serious businesses on eBay to continue operating a Store, while individual sellers should consider taking advantage of the 30 free listings* available every month.

We encourage you to consider operating a Store if you are running a business on eBay.com.au.

what lemme get this straight /........ its increasing because your campaign to increase stores from $19.95 to $24.95 was so successful???

so successful that you decided to try another fee increase ..... in fact a DOUBLING or more than doubling ...

you bunch of flockwits, i hate you

why are you doing it?

because you can, no australian authority opposes you or gives a stuff what you do legal or otherwsie, and you have a captive .... no ... trapped market of sellers who are too far in to get out

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 01:31:47 PM »
Rebellion !

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 01:36:07 PM »
I've just re-read the email.

So what happens to the individual serious sellers who don't qualify for the 30 free listings every month!

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 01:38:24 PM »
Yes im in that situation  Wheels , or I was
I think I will just stop selling there

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 02:02:13 PM »
Sellers will need to start updating gallery pics as well:

New picture requirements

In 2013, requirements for pictures will be updated to ensure quality imagery on the site.

All sellers will be required to upload at least one picture for each listing – Remember, you can now upload up to 12 pictures for free! Adding high quality pictures to your listing helps you increase sales, gives your buyers a more accurate picture of what to expect, and distinguishes your listing from others of its kind

Minimum picture size will be enforced – All pictures will need to be at least 500 pixels on the longest side.
However, eBay recommends 1600 pixels on the longest side so you can take full advantage of eBay picture services including Supersize.

Other picture requirements to be introduced next year may include the removal of text and borders. Small translucent watermarks in the bottom-right corner of images will still be allowed.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 02:42:36 PM »
OK, I have just done the numbers based on July's sales, excluding auctions.

I've only counted list fees and FVFs for items that sold and compared non-store fees to store.

Fees with store at $24.95 for the month - I saved $26 in fees.
Fees with store at $49.95 for the month - I would save a whole $1 in fees!

So, when you take into account that with the store I can have a lot more listings active for 30 days for just 20c each I will still be ahead with the store. Plus the few little advantages that the store has with SMP etc.

I will not be leaving the store empty over the summer like I did this year. I will close it altogether prior to Christmas and have to start from scratch when I start selling again in May or whenever.

***Mr Magoo 2U***

• A. Herm (Magoogle it)
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 02:52:27 PM »
OK, I have just done the numbers based on July's sales, excluding auctions.

I've only counted list fees and FVFs for items that sold and compared non-store fees to store.

Fees with store at $24.95 for the month - I saved $26 in fees.
Fees with store at $49.95 for the month - I would save a whole $1 in fees!

So, when you take into account that with the store I can have a lot more listings active for 30 days for just 20c each I will still be ahead with the store. Plus the few little advantages that the store has with SMP etc.

I will not be leaving the store empty over the summer like I did this year. I will close it altogether prior to Christmas and have to start from scratch when I start selling again in May or whenever.

dont you think though wheels that on principle ebay are not worth it and deserve to lose customers? every little loophole they can they are sealing up in their rampant greed, that small advantage you had they now take and you and i do the advertising for them, take the photos, list describe, post the items after careful packing, and what do ebay do? other than rip us off and make life more difficult

we must be masochists to continue

IF only they had competition, serious competition

off to dentist on that despressing note ... i just hate them (feebay) did i mention that? lol

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 03:04:03 PM »

off to dentist on that despressing note ... i just hate them (feebay) did i mention that? lol

I agree, I'd much rather have that $25 a month in my pocket. But, what choice is there. I like the store format because it's a time saver with multiple listings and I try not to spend any more hours a week on eBay than I need to.

Have fun at the dentist!  :muffled:  I'm off to the PO.

***Mr Magoo 2U***

• A. Herm (Magoogle it)
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 04:43:15 PM »

I agree, I'd much rather have that $25 a month in my pocket. But, what choice is there. I like the store format because it's a time saver with multiple listings and I try not to spend any more hours a week on eBay than I need to.

Have fun at the dentist!  :muffled:  I'm off to the PO.

yes true wheels trouble is feebay bank on most people thinking it sucks and then doing nothing and paying it, prolly what i will have to do its a monopoly but there isnt much we can do, a class action would wake them up but no lawyers seem interested

i think sellers now have a case against the 'we are just a venue' line which is clearly a lie

dentist went well, new crown on bottom row fitted and good and lots of drilling moulds and prep for the bridge above that

all good in hood

That Varieties Gal

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »
but ... will the listing b-i-n still be for 30 days? i have only been able to get that with a store - without the store it's 10 days (or used to be)
will insertion still be 20C

i'd better go check 

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 06:38:53 PM »
Yes Robbie, no changes to the BIN 30 days or Good till Cancelled duration and no changes to the 20c insertion fee for Stores. At this stage it is just the monthly fee increasing to $49.95.

And some changes to categories and pic requirements.

That Varieties Gal

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 06:52:19 PM »
hi wheels
i just had a bit of a browse and the non store b-i-n or auction will be starting at 50c )increments up with the start prices) with 10 days duration and 7.9% seller fees 'uncapped'

The Purple Penny

• Knight of the RT
  • Up close and personal with a load of dollar blanks
    • The Purple Penny
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 09:07:06 PM »
Not happy Jan  :tanty:
PVC Free Coin Accessories www.thepurplepenny.com
Coinblog www.australian-threepence.com

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 09:34:42 PM »
I have someone over my way who is not impressed, either.

The only advantage is the one eBay are touting ... that it will help differentiate business sellers from casual sellers.  But if they wanted to do that and not penalise the business sellers, they could have shaved a little more off the listing fees, don't you think?

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012, 05:25:05 AM »
Is it just me or is incentivised really just an annoying made up business speak verbage.. for some reason it annoys the heck out of me, it's becoming increasingly popular along with other utterly ridiculous business jargon and will eventually end up in the dictionary unfortunately.

Incentivize in particular is a victim of the tendency to think that by sticking the suffix -ize  or -ise on the end of any word to create a verb, especially common among business people many of whom have an almost obsessive compulsion to sound smart by showing off their big vocabulary.

Words like that usually precede a BOHICA moment lol

Whatever happened to 'Motivate' or good old 'incentive' .....perfectly good words imho.

They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

***Mr Magoo 2U***

• A. Herm (Magoogle it)
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2012, 12:53:39 PM »
Is it just me or is incentivised really just an annoying made up business speak verbage.. for some reason it annoys the heck out of me, it's becoming increasingly popular along with other utterly ridiculous business jargon and will eventually end up in the dictionary unfortunately.

Incentivize in particular is a victim of the tendency to think that by sticking the suffix -ize  or -ise on the end of any word to create a verb, especially common among business people many of whom have an almost obsessive compulsion to sound smart by showing off their big vocabulary.

Words like that usually precede a BOHICA moment lol

Whatever happened to 'Motivate' or good old 'incentive' .....perfectly good words imho.

so true liisa

whenever i watch the business programs or interviews with business people or share traders that saying (made famous by gillard ...) 'Moving forward' annoys the hell out of moi i hate it now because of the overuse, people are so boring with words and lazy the dictionary is full of wonderful words

Moving forward
used to be when you clicked your tongue and snapped the reins and the horse took off with the cart ... or apply to driving your car ... not every dammed other thing diluting the whole meaning of really moving ...

altho have to say i am guilty of it too of the excessive use of 'excellent' and other abused words but at least i try

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2012, 02:25:29 PM »
Vocabulary that has been straight-jacketed courtesy of the inelegant and brash world of marketing and corporation-speak is denuded of its beauty and meaning.

Only someone who essentially does not understand language would come up with incentivise. There is no lack of existing and genuinely attested words in the English language which have precisely the meaning which is supposedly conveyed by this bastard child of a Caliban and a daughter of Gorgias. Words bleached of truth! Words forced into the servitude of political or marketing purpose! Words designed expressly to deceive!

But undress "incentivise" and we find lurking there the simple word "motivate" (or synonyms thereof, such as encourage). Why do marketing and corporate-speak induce the befouled labour of word-birth to produce this hideous monstrosity, "incentivise", when there's a perfectly good "motivate" there already?

Ah.

Ladies and gentlemen, let's look at "motivate". It is a clear, easy-to-understand word. It is appropriate in a wide variety of contexts. It's not a new word. It doesn't give a chatoyant impression of saying something profoundly new and exciting in a business-only context. It's a word without pretensions to the slick photo-paper glossiness of marketing.

Ah again.

That means it sounds as though what's going on hasn't any special business meaning, and as though it's nothing new.

Let me quote from what would no doubt be a marketer's version of the Bible: "Behold, I tell you a mystery; we shall not use real words, but the the corp-speakers shall make some words new, so that they may confabulate and adumbrate and bewilder the people with trick words".

Some bright spark probably looked at the word "motivate" and thought, "It's not punchy enough. It doesn't polish the turd. The whole 'motivational' thing has been done in the realm of motivational books and tapes and speakers and courses. We need some Word Brasso here. I could say 'give incentive', but it just sounds ordinary, something anyone might say. We've got to make it sound newer and more cutting-edge."

And thus was back-created this hideous malformation "incentivise", which DOESN'T EXIST except in the petri-dish mind of those whose souls have long since been lost to the demon of corporation-speak.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"