Author Topic: Please be careful on the roads, Victorians and everyone else  (Read 8680 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Melbourne conditions were icy this morning - roads were extremely treacherous. I was driving with great caution, but the car in the right lane in front of me on the Eastern Freeway wasn't so careful. He lost control, and slid straight into the car in front of me. Both cars totalled. - I stayed to give my details and my account of it, and both drivers were conscious and not bleeding, with the ambulance and tow trucks on their way...

Not so lucky (assuming those two drivers really were relatively okay later) were the occupants of two cars that collided on my way BACK. Half of the red car/van/thing which was one of the vehicles in the accident was literally cut in half; the other car was embedded in the metal railing, crushed. Police, freeway cordoned off, paramedics, the lot. I could hear one obvious occupant actually screaming or howling in unbearable grief - he was a 16-17 year old... He may have been the driver, and I had the impression his passengers had died. There were fatalities.

Please, please, PLEASE be careful. Drive more slowly than the speed limit. The glacé-like conditions are unbelievably slippery; to avoid losing control, drive with far, far, far more care than you'd normally take. Slow down... Please slow down... and be careful.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
Re: Please be careful on the roads, Victorians and everyone else
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 11:57:26 PM »
Hello.....

I understand that it's winter in Oz when summer is in North America (where I am).

In icy conditions anywhere, driving is a hazard, and so I can appreciate the tenor & tone of the OP.

Check it out: Here in NE Nevada, for the past 5+ days, we've had Tropical Storms & hi-humidity in the days, and cool temps overnights.

At 7 AM PST, right now....I stoked up my wood stove in my house.

Not for cooking breakfast. For HEAT!!!

GLOBAL WARMING.....ME ARSE!!!!!!

If the Government don't kill us, the weather will.

Some fun!

:andorian:

"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"