Author Topic: Forum glitches or How-To questions  (Read 14262 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Forum glitches or How-To questions
« on: May 17, 2009, 07:17:57 PM »
Please feel free to post replies in this thread concerning any forum glitches or problems - or even if you're having trouble working out how to go read only the latest posts. (Hint: see the blue NEW button?)

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

The Purple Penny

• Knight of the RT
  • Up close and personal with a load of dollar blanks
    • The Purple Penny
Re: Forum glitches or How-To questions
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 01:17:44 PM »
How do I know when I come into the forum what are the new posts that I would not have read since my last visit?  Is there a symbol or something?
PVC Free Coin Accessories www.thepurplepenny.com
Coinblog www.australian-threepence.com

The Purple Penny

• Knight of the RT
  • Up close and personal with a load of dollar blanks
    • The Purple Penny
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 01:23:44 PM »
How do I know when I come into the forum what are the new posts that I would not have read since my last visit?  Is there a symbol or something?
I know up the top next to my avatar there's "show replies since last visit" but that shows all entries in the whole form and I generally stick to one section.
PVC Free Coin Accessories www.thepurplepenny.com
Coinblog www.australian-threepence.com

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 01:27:37 PM »
Hello PP , I will answer to the best of my ability in case Countess isnt around , she or someone else may come along and give a more comprehensive answer
for starters, up the top of this page is a line that reads ... showunread post since last visit ... simply click on this when you come into site and it will list them....
If you wanted to narrow it down to new posts only in the threads in which you have posted simply click on that one which is under the other one ... The other way to tell is on the left hand side of each forum  on the home page is a square with a pyramid in it ... if this box is blue then it contains a new post if its clear it doesnt
so open up the forum you want and it will indicate which threads contain new posts with a blue box saying new , click on the new and it will open the thread at the first new post in that thread since your last visit 

Hope this helps until such time as some one with more of a clue than I comes along  

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 01:29:31 PM »
How do I know when I come into the forum what are the new posts that I would not have read since my last visit?  Is there a symbol or something?
I know up the top next to my avatar there's "show replies since last visit" but that shows all entries in the whole form and I generally stick to one section.

Sorry I didnt see this post when I replied but the second part of my answer should help with this ... so go into the coin forum if  the pyaramid box is blue it contains new posts
so open it up and the threads which contain new posts will be at the top just under the pinned ones and will show a little blue box with the word new in the thread title (see the new symbol in the op ...thats what you are looking for) 

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 02:47:09 PM »
As Smee said.

(Thank you, Smee.)

If you'd like to see all the new posts in the Coin Forum, for instance, click onto the "New Posts" icon next to the Coin Forum. This will show all the threads that have new posts in them - including replies and new threads.

If you'd like to see all the new posts in the entire OzRT, click onto the link at the top left of your page which says "Show unread posts since last visit".
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"