Author Topic: Start Building the Ark the Flood Has Begun  (Read 6781 times)

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
Start Building the Ark the Flood Has Begun
« on: August 16, 2011, 01:06:45 PM »
you may recall a while ago eBay said they were going to be including more overseas items on the au site

it's happened

to give you an example in areas I sell in ... mens leather wallets have gone from around 500 listings to over 2000 .... mens leather belts used to be around 800 listings it's now  4300

heaven help small aussie sellers (like me)

and heaven help poor aussie buyers who are going to get frustrated and annoyed

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Start Building the Ark the Flood Has Begun
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 03:13:03 PM »
bnwt, I checked a few categories on the weekend and many had less than 10% Australian listings. And that would include all the dodgy overseas sellers who list their location as Australia. These were not categories that previously had 'missing gaps' as eBay are trying to sell the changes. I talk to a lot of people who buy and sell on eBay and I haven't found one person who likes the changes. I'm sure it will turn many buyers away.

low-enghooi

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 04:48:59 PM »
I have a question. Looking at this latest change, for Australian sellers who post worldwide, what is the advantage of listing in ebay AU compared to ebay USA?

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 06:31:48 PM »
I don't know Low, we don't offer international postage. I think the eBay AU fees are still slightly lower than the US and we don't pay FVFs on total sell price, yet.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 06:37:24 PM »
There's also the issue of buyer protection. On eBay.com, if I understand correctly, buyers have even more opportunity for simply being refunded for an item they say is SNAD without even being required to return it.

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 09:50:35 PM »
it would appear that eBay have built a few dams

before the flood the category of say mens leather wallets usually had around 7 - 800 listings ............ after the flood it was up to around 5000

and what a load of shite most of them were I might add ... 'real' leather wallets for $2.38 pages and pages of them

now strangely when I looked tonight there are only 900 odd listings .... 700 odd are aussie sellers

the same goes for 'mens leather belts' ......... a drastic reduction in the amount of listings

last week I got an eSayers survey about this very topic ......... "Do you think there are too many listing from overseas sellers"? 

in a few questions they even used the word "flooded" .... "Do you think categories are flooded with cheap asian shite"? .... maybe those weren't the exact words but that was the thrust of the question

they also asked would it be  a good idea to have buttons at the top of the screen so you could choose what countries sellers you had included in your search

I get the feeling eBay sales suffered from a decline because buyers were overwhelmed with too much carp to wade through when looking for something and gave up

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 09:55:05 PM »

I always use the "Items from Australia only button" .... cuts out most of the crap I'm not interested in..