Author Topic: PayPal Developer Survey - new survey on the way  (Read 9133 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
PayPal Developer Survey - new survey on the way
« on: May 15, 2009, 10:42:03 AM »
"Last year, many of you told us what you needed from PayPal to succeed – and we listened, giving you more documentation and training, an improved Developer Central site, and more tools for developers outside the United States. We need your input again, as the PayPal Developer Program team launches the 2009 PayPal Developer Survey. Your participation makes a big difference, so we hope you’ll take just a few minutes to answer our survey questions.

In the next several days, you’ll receive an email with a personalized survey link from paypal@ecem1.com. Please set your spam filters to recognize this email, so that you receive it promptly."

I wasn't  impressed with PayPal's Developer sandbox, but had to implement it for a client. It was the single most time-consuming aspect of the whole e-commerce site. To give it credit, once I did finally get everything set up, it worked. The problem was mostly in the sandbox stage - I quite literally could not test the Instant Payment module in test mode (it kept generating an error page), and had to go "live" without having tested it. Terror mode!

Anything that PayPal can improve with it - for instance, making it possible for Australian developers to be able to use its functions - will be welcomed.

I suppose the major asset of PayPal and similar payment methods for out-of-eBay environments is the "instant" factor, particularly suitable when selling downloadable media.

Does anyone else have experience with PayPal Developer?
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

col52

Re: PayPal Developer Survey - new survey on the way
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 09:16:27 PM »
Weren't Paypal supposed to be introducing a tool similar to Paymates where you can accept 'phone orders and input the details on a screen?