Author Topic: Changes to eBay selling Fees - September 2011  (Read 5079 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Changes to eBay selling Fees - September 2011
« on: July 26, 2011, 12:08:31 PM »
http://www2.ebay.com/aw/au/201107.shtml#2011-07-26095859

Changes to non-Store fees

Eligible sellers will be able to list up to 30 single quantity listings per month in any format with zero insertion fees (excludes Powersellers, Stores or sellers registered as a business on eBay)

Final value fees will increase from 5.25% to 7.9%, capped at $49.95 for each of the first 30 listings per month

Insertion fees remain as they are today for sellers who have exceeded the monthly 30 free insertion fee limit as well as PowerSellers, Store holders and sellers registered as a business on eBay, with no cap or sliding scale on the new final value fee of 7.9%

Changes to Store fees

Final value fees for Auctions will be the same as Buy It Now, to encourage more fixed price items on eBay.com.au consistent with customer demand

eBay is trialling free insertion fees for fixed price Anchored Store listings

For Basic and Featured store holders, media category pricing will remain unchanged. Anchored store holders will receive free insertion fees as part of the above trial

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Changes to eBay selling Fees - September 2011
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 12:09:52 PM »
Links to all the new eBay selling fees for casual sellers and store sellers

http://pages2.ebay.com.au/News/InsideSelling

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 03:11:17 PM »
I have just done some very quick calculations on auction ites tha sell between $1 and $55.95
and it appears as though on every occassion the total new rates charged will be less that the current rates
that is based in the adds having a gallery picture  
and of course if the item doesnt sell under the new rate structure then no charges at all apply

as I say its only very quick calculation that I have done on various figures in the above range so happy to stand corrected if anyone
has an example to the contrary  

PRICE                                 CURRENT RATES                              NEW RATES

1.00                                         1.14                                            .08
 4.95                                         1.34                                            .39
 9.95                                         1.61                                            .79
15.95                                        1.92                                           1.26
19.95                                        2.14                                           1.58
25.95                                        2.60                                           2.05
29.95                                        2.91                                           2.36
39.95                                        3.43                                           3.16
49.95                                        3.96                                           3.94
55.95                                        4.43                                           4.42

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 05:25:56 PM »
just done a few more calculations on higher amounts and it appears that an auction sale value of $76.95 is about the break even point anything of higher value than than and the new rates may be more expensive

a sale price of $76.95 attracts total fees of $6.08 on both the old and the new rates if a gallery pic is used

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 09:03:03 AM »
I have discovered that the cost of a 'featured store' is dropping from $99.95 to $49.95 a month

with the featured store you also get cheaper listing fees .... so when you do the sums I'll come out ahead

bonus !!!!

if you have a store try this nifty calculator to see if you'll save money if you upgrade  http://tools.ebay.com.au/feeillustrator/

CORRECTION  CORRECTION

I just looked at that site and saw the following

Note (26 July 2011): Previously, the Fee Illustrator had shown the Subscription fee for Featured stores as $49.95, which was also used in calculating the Total estimated fees. This amount was incorrect. The current subscription fee for Featured stores is $99.95 and will not be changing as part of the September 2011 fee changes, and the Fee Illustrator has now been updated to reflect this. Click here to read more about the changes to fees on eBay.com.au.

Disclaimer: This fee illustrator is intended for informational use only and does not include all potential applicable fees (optional feature fees, and so on). By using this fee illustrator, you acknowledge that eBay is making no representations or guarantees regarding actual fee and sales amounts and that the results are estimates only.

Note regarding “No Store” fees: The Fee Illustrator assumes PowerSeller status or business registration of non-store sellers. This results in the absence of $0 insertion fees, the free Gallery feature, and the $49.95 Final Value Fee cap for the first 30 listings, but allows for Multi-Quantity Fixed Price listings.

why is that when I rang Customer Support yesterday they also said the new cost would be $49.95?

shyer

• Knight of the RT
  • from UBB & yib thank you
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 05:40:23 PM »
Well one month left for me on feebay except for cheap or over $2000 stuff.

My average $700 auction / BIN sale price, is $1.40 / $4.00 to list depending on options and $22 Final value fee total about $24 PLUS feepay fees I manage to avoid with a lot of time and trouble, most of the time.

New Is cheaper listing but FFV of $49 Total will be over $50 is over a 100% increase the $400/1500 market will go elsewhere.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 05:58:58 PM »
This seems to mean that going to a "featured store" will not be worth it... Am I correct?
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"