Author Topic: New TRS and free shipping  (Read 4998 times)

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
New TRS and free shipping
« on: April 07, 2011, 04:01:07 PM »
prior to the introduction of Best Match I sold quite a lot of mens leather wallets

after the introduction my sales in that category virtually stopped overnight

if I did a search for my items they'd be at least 5 or 6 pages back and plenty further then that

suddenly over the last week they have started selling again  ................... mmmmmm??????

I have a few of my mens wallets listed with free shipping and when I did a search, well what do you know all my 'free shipping' wallets are showing on page one, so just as an experiment I converted some of my other mens wallet listings to free shipping and sure enough they have all moved forward

in May the new (unbadged) TRS come into effect and it has been said sellers with high DSR's etc will gain more visibility in the search

when I do the preview my DSR's etc put me high the realms of TRS

so that combined with free shipping should have my listing dominating pages 1 & 2

not sure which I buy first, a private jet or an island

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: New TRS and free shipping
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 07:08:22 PM »

BNwt  feebay expect you to sell for little or no profit... send by free post ... and send it fast ! ... in return for your efforts feebay will raise your fee's and lower your DSR's and penalize you for anything they can think of .....

The perfect business model to decimate and discourage any seller !!

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 08:04:57 PM »
Yidiba

there is no such thing as a free lunch .......... nor is there such a thing as free shipping

and while I don't want to get intimate about my profits, I do quite well thank you very much

in return for my efforts eBay has given me greater exposure, a means of running my business with much cheaper up front listing costs and DSR's pretty difficult to top

then just as an added bonus I get included in big promotions like the upcoming Mothers Day Sale, that equals thousands of dollars worth of exposure for F R E E and you can't help but do a good turn over when you are attracting that many hits

I should also say that I see 4,387,591 things that are wrong and/or need improving or removing from eBay ... and don't get me started about paypal

there are lots of people making 6 figure a year incomes on eBay, there are some making millions .... these sellers don't seem discouraged or decimated to me

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 08:31:47 PM »

Ok then ... so when do we leave in your private jet to your Island ? .... be warned I exclusively eat sea food and drink expensive wine ! ... LOL...

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 08:56:31 PM »

not sure which I buy first, a private jet or an island

An island.

That way, when you get the private jet, you will have somewhere special to go in it.......

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 09:14:45 PM »
I say the jet first!

When you get the island, you'll be able to actually... get there.

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 09:17:34 PM »

BnwT you better stock up on Belgian chocolate if Tessa lob's on your Island !... LOL