Author Topic: A strange question from an Ebay powerseller  (Read 12405 times)

night-hawk-1

A strange question from an Ebay powerseller
« on: April 18, 2009, 03:13:35 PM »
A PowerSeller asked a question in eBay AU's forum about forthcoming changes - http://forums.ebay.com.au/thread.jspa?threadID=600116346&rw=true&anticache=1240029452538.

I did actually post on that thread asking why the PowerSeller did not contact his/her account manager to ask that question, as it seemed inappropriate to ask a forum moderator that question,

but you won't see my post there. (Apparently, for some strange reason, it offended someone and has been removed!)

What worries me is that Shane (the eBay AU moderator) replied to this question - and as I said, it's not a question I thought necessary since the PowerSeller in question certainly has lines of communication open to an Account Manager who could have answered this. Given that it's an unnecessary question, I query why Shane would have time to post a reply (which he did), but fail to have time to address the many questions that have been posted about moderating the eBay AU forums"

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Re: A strange question from an Ebay powerseller
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 03:20:50 PM »
I wonder whether this explains some of the moderation issues that have arisen, Hawk. If a moderator is so inundated by requests that aren't really within his purview that he can't carry out the tasks that are needed to adequately moderate a forum (particularly with regard to trolling, disruptive posts, cyber-stalking, etc.), it gives one pause for thought.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Poddy

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 03:27:37 PM »
Hawk,

Move over, I too got a slap in the same thread.

I am now languishing in eBali for 7 days

Posting comments that do not relate to the discussion board's topic(s)
which is not permitted at eBay
Important changes ?? Is that why the
discussion boards were blasted out of existence?

Hmmm no discussion boards= no discussion of 'important changes'=no dissent to the changes= no problems.
All falling into place now.......a cunning plan Baldrick

night-hawk-1

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 03:50:47 PM »
Yes countess it all seems a little strange.

Pody never mind mate, you will alway be OK here where the community is run by the community for the community.

Fluffy*Duckee

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 06:22:28 PM »
No problems?  Not really.  No discussions = nervious pr uneducated sellers = inappropriately handled customers = a large cessation of selling and buying = ebay big problems.  No wonder they are courting the Chinese sellers of junk.

Sorry to hear about your impromtu holiday Poddie. 

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 07:05:23 PM »
As you know, the AU eBay forums precipitate a migraine for me, so I try not to go there... but I had a look at that link, Hawk, and it seems that that was a question much more easily answered through channels other than the forum.

The forums look like wilted salad to me. There seems to be little interest and nothing like the range of help that was available only a short while ago.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

col52

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 08:41:05 PM »
I think a rename of ebay forums is in order. Should be called "The Me Emporum"

Someone certainly pours it out, ebay drinks it in.

:wizdrag:

holydooly

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 05:16:11 PM »
The forums look like wilted salad to me

Always the lady, Countessa. ;D  It's more like a mausoleum......oooooops where is the spell check??
Riff you'll be pleased to know that a thread started by ? has one of her followers mentioning your favourite piece of apparel (need spell check again!)

RiffRaff

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 05:42:31 PM »
Hi There nannaJ  ;D and welcome. Yes, I saw that thread and posted on it last night. Unfortunately, somebody didn't like the content of my post and made it go *poof*  :wizdrag:  ;D It had a really nice sentiment too.

I'm not wearing a merkin in here as it might scare away the occasional newbie  ;D

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 05:44:47 PM »
Hello, NannaJ - there's a spell check below the reply field, but you don't need it. You produced a beautiful and perfectly correct mausoleum spelling, which means that this week's spelling prize would go to you - if we had one.