Author Topic: New Paypal Experience  (Read 5715 times)

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
New Paypal Experience
« on: February 10, 2011, 10:09:30 AM »
this morning I had reason to call the Paypal 1800 number

what a delightful surprise

the hoops you have to jump through to actually get to speak to someone have been refined and are now only slightly annoying

after doing my jumping I braced myself ready to deal with some unintelligible Filipino call centre worker with nasal robot responses

no .......... it was a lovely Irish accent, she was a sheer delight, sorted out my issue in under a minute, a real person

Paypal are now using a call centre in Ireland

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: New Paypal Experience
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 11:02:12 AM »

I wish Telstra would get a call center in Ireland, my understanding of Chinglish is hopeless... 

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 11:39:30 AM »
bnwt .... wake up... WAKE UP!!  You're dreaming!

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 12:30:12 PM »
no Brumby

I was wide awake

but wait there's more ............

the problem was that a refund I had done yesterday was not in my buyers paypal account and she was wanting to know what was going on

so not only did the Irish girl tell me the refund had been processed correctly she apparently emailed my buyer to explain that because she had paid by credit card the funds would be put back on her card and not into her paypal account .. which could take a day or two to appear

my buyer sent me a message saying how thoughtful I was to get paypal to email her with all the details ..... I wasn't thoughtful much to my amazement the delightful call centre girl in Ireland did it without any suggestion from me

low-enghooi

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 01:05:32 PM »
Good.

Anyway your buyer should have received an automatic email notification from paypal the moment you initiated the refund.

Title: Refund from xxxxx (seller's name)

Hello xxxxx(buyer's name),

xxxxx (seller's name) just sent you a refund

xxxxx (seller's name)  just sent you a full refund of $xx.xx xxx (currency) for your purchase. If you have any questions about this refund, please contact xxxxx (seller's name).
The refund will go to the card you paid with.

To see all the transaction details, please log into your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Follows with the details of transaction.
Refund to MasterCard Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX:    $$xxx.xxx XXX (Currency)

Honestly speaking, if people spend a little time checking their email there will be a lot less problem. That probably will motivates the support people at call centre a little better. ;D

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 03:18:34 PM »
no Brumby

I was wide awake

but wait there's more ............

.... then I'd better wake up then, 'cause I've gotta be dreaming!!!

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 04:38:25 PM »
If PayPal are improving their customer service, it will be one major problem bowled down like wobbly pins.

(That's not to mitigate the existing other problems with it, but credit where credit is due.)
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 05:30:15 PM »
bnwt, that's sounds like great customer service. I hope it wasn't just a once off occurrence.

The only time I have phoned PayPal the operator hung up on me because they said they couldn't understand me!

callostemma

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 08:45:56 PM »
Poor girl is probably sacked by now