Author Topic: PHOTOBUCKET to share your images easily  (Read 8226 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
PHOTOBUCKET to share your images easily
« on: January 22, 2011, 02:08:22 PM »
Uploading images directly from your computer to this forum (as attachments) is easy and fast - but it DOES fill up the attachment folder over time. (And with the file sizes of some images, the folder becomes clogged up very quickly.)

That's why we ask/recommend/beg that - unless you need to have something uploaded as an attachment - you try using Photobucket instead. It will Save Our Folders!

1. Get a Photobucket account. It's free - http://register.photobucket.com/.

2. Log in. http://photobucket.com/.

3. Click onto the green button "Upload now"

4. By default, Photobucket is set to upload from your computer. Assuming that your desired image is ON YOUR COMPUTER, click onto "Select photos and videos".

4a. If your image is on your phone or on a webcam or some other source, click onto the "My computer" text with the arrow beside it to reveal the drop-down options.

5. Select the photos/images you want to upload - you can do this using Photobucket's Bulk Upload feature as well - and upload them. They will not only be uploaded, but will also be RESIZED (file size) at the same time.

6. Once the upload is complete, continue to your album so that you can see the images and get the links to post the pictures on this forum.

7. Well, you're in your album. Decide which of your images you want to use - and hover over the desired image. As you hover, a drop-down menu appears over that image. It offers you the options to Share | Edit | Delete | Move with four types of code. You will ONLY NEED THE LAST TYPE OF CODE: [ IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/hxxxx/blah-blah-blah/photobucket-upload4.jpg[ /IMG], for example.

8. You simply click (the usual left-click) onto the code that appears in the beige field box next to IMG code, and it will automatically be copied into your clipboard. The word "Copied" should briefly appear in that field box after you've clicked.

9. Switch to your post in this forum - make sure the blinking cursor on the screen is in the place where you want to insert the image. Right-click and select "Paste" (or use Ctrl-V, or click onto Edit at the top of your browser window and select "Paste") - any of these will PASTE the complete code for the image.

Because you're using the COMPLETE CODE (with [ IMG] and [ /IMG] already included), you DO NOT NEED to use the forum "Insert Image" button.

If you want to include an image that you've found online (linking from it), and if that image is not on Photobucket but on another website (blog, forum, page, etc.), THEN you would use the "Insert Image" button - but I repeat - you do not need to use it when you're inserting an image from your Photobucket account.

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"