Author Topic: Is anyone having trouble with lost packages?  (Read 6275 times)

callostemma

• Knight of the RT
Is anyone having trouble with lost packages?
« on: December 20, 2010, 08:21:57 PM »
Sent a parcel off as a secret santa , didn't register it as it was only a $15.00 gift and it went AWOL.
Mine was not the only one so was wondering if any of you have had a larger than number of parcels disappearing.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Is anyone having trouble with lost packages?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 08:28:16 PM »
all my outgoing and all my incoming have arrived safely to date

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 09:09:29 PM »
Callo, no problems so far, but one of our parcels took 4 days to get to the other side of Melbourne. Aus Post must be really overloaded at the moment, especially when you see constant stories in the news about how many people have done their Christmas shopping online this year. Hopefully your parcel is still on its way and will get there in time for Christmas.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 09:15:36 PM »
Yes.

One parcel from the UK arrived - empty. I don't even know what was in it, as the invoice was also missing. I'll have to wait and see what doesn't turn up.

Another parcel sent via vPost (I can hear you groan already) has a "failed delivery" status on the AP "Track my parcel" page, but I HOPE it will be delivered to me soon. I called AP today to try to sort it out.

I've got parcels from Germany that HAVEN'T ARRIVED after 5 weeks. I've got parcels from the UK that have simply gone missing; luckily the website has despatched a second lot to me but they haven't arrived as yet.

I'm a nervous wreck; I mutter "My parcels! My parcels!" while pacing anxiously in a dark cowled robe in the dead of night in front of my Post Office box.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 09:58:56 PM »
is it any wonder why Australia Post is going broke

last week I bought some sunnies from an eBay seller in Loveland Colorado  .... ($340 at Sunglass Hut - $145 new on eBay)

I decided on Express Post and was given a tracking number .. they posted the same day that I paid - 2 hours later my parcel was in Denver - 20 hours later my parcel had departed San Francisco and was en route to Australia

that was 6 days ago ... when I check the aus post site it tells me my parcel left san francisco ... ah yes I know that

and don't give me any bull dust about it being christmas ...... if the US postal service can get it from mid west USA to over the pacific in 24 hours during the christmas rush aus post should be able to get it to me from sydney airport in 3 or 4 days surely

Hermit

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 11:34:37 PM »
Meeee! http://www.ozroundtable.com/index.php?topic=3393.0

I am now scared to do any online shopping. I will pay extra to get in my car and drive to the shop where it costs 10 times the price, but at least I take it home with me there and then.

callostemma

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 09:57:39 AM »
Speed and red light running   Poor donkey  hips obviously broken     

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 12:12:26 PM »
Another parcel sent via vPost (I can hear you groan already) has a "failed delivery" status on the AP "Track my parcel" page, but I HOPE it will be delivered to me soon. I called AP today to try to sort it out.

THIS parcel has now finally turned up. It seems that a full delivery address can be very, very confusing to a particular AP person who was absolutely adamant that it was "insufficient address". Well, it had my name... it had my PO Box number... it had the suburb... it had the postcode... it had the country... I'm not sure what else could have been added!

But at least it's arrived.

Now I'm only muttering and pacing up and down with regard to 99 other parcels.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 01:13:50 PM »
Poor Tessa,

You've really had a rough trot with the parcels lately. 

:kisshug:
:duckling:

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 10:10:33 PM »
My seller friend's experiences with Australia Post have been fairly good - especially during the Christmas rush, but this week they received a message from a customer asking where their item was.  It had been sent to the buyer at Charters Towers .... over 5 weeks ago.

HellWest'nCrooked

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 10:58:59 PM »

Aaahhhhhhhhhh    Brumby, come on, you know things happen very slowly in the country!!!
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning

golden

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 04:37:04 AM »
AP's own contractors!

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/news/local/news/general/chewton-men-charged-over-60000-post-theft/2122971.aspx

4 trailer loads of items mostly purchased online or vouchers, sitting at the cop shop, owners unknown.