Author Topic: Why Do I Think This Will End In Tears  (Read 4750 times)

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
Why Do I Think This Will End In Tears
« on: November 22, 2010, 06:17:38 PM »
a few days ago a friend of mine told me about this amazing couch he had found on eBay .... he has been looking for big quality couch for years

as I am the alleged eBay expert I had to go over to his place to give an opinion

the couch listing is for a Ralph Lauren sofa and says it retails for around $20,000 ............ we checked out the RL website and yes that is correct and the photos in the listing look kosher to me

so he was prepared to go to $3000

now he is a school teacher and was in class when the listing was due to end so I was keeping and eye on it

at 45 minutes to go he was still the top bidder with $2675

I checked again at 32 and the listing had ended ........... ???????? ............ my mate was still the highest bidder

when he gets out of class he checks his ebay to find, yahoo!!!! he's won it ............. he calls me all excited and unaware that the item was pulled early

I tell him but he does not seem to understand or care because he has won it for less then $3000

now just to add to the saga the couch is in Melbourne and he is an hour north of Sydney

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220697281729&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_696wt_1141

he has to contact them to arrange delivery .... fingers crossed

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Why Do I Think This Will End In Tears
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 06:29:58 PM »
Richmond isnt that far for Smee Enterprises Kneecapping Services to go , if it all turns to custard !!

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 06:31:43 PM »
bnwt, have they even thought about the cost of shipping to NSW?

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 06:34:05 PM »
yes they have

$500 max

da_ewok

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
    • It Ain't Always My Life!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 07:10:45 PM »
I'd offer to help - but can;t get anywhere until Saturday and possibly not even then :(

Sorry - if it can wait until closer to the time I might be able to help - but probably won't know until Friday night/Saturday morning :(

Sorry
"I've just been in a bad mood for 40 years"

http://www.marysvillecookbook.com/ $7,800 **Raised as at 22nd March 2013**
Photos by Enigma - Iphone cases too! :D http://www.redbubble.com/people/photosbyenigma

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 09:46:20 PM »
Item ended early...

To me, this spells trouble.

I have a feeling, just a vague feeling, that the seller wasn't happy with the final figure, and ended the listing early in the anticipation of cancelling the auction.

I might be wrong.

However, just in case... here are some tissues.  :tissue: :tissue: :tissue: :tissue: :tissue: :tissue: :tissue: :tissue: :tissue: :tissue: :tissue: :tissue: :tissue: :tissue: :tissue:
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 06:25:08 PM »
as expected

tears

the seller claimed that her mother decided to buy the couch .... lucky she did it just 30 minutes before the auction ended

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 06:29:46 PM »
its a leather lounge isnt it ????? you sell leather purses etc dont you ?????

just suggest to your cobber that he buy some foam and a truck load of leather goods off you and make his own .... problem solvered