Author Topic: ELECTION AFTERMATH!!!  (Read 142005 times)

lacey

• Knight of the RT
Re: ELECTION AFTERMATH!!!
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2010, 08:12:32 PM »
actually i think the mining tax is a great idea.  Why shouldn't the mining giants pay tax like the rest of us.  And don't tell me they do because I already know they do pay a particular tax.  Why should they dig out our goal and send the profits overseas? 

Nah definately a good idea.
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2010, 08:21:36 PM »
the unfortunate thing that happened today was that China cancelled between 1/3 and 2/3 of their iron ore  order which means less profits which means less tax that Labor had banked on getting from mining even if they do pass the tax trough parliment which is not a given , this creates problems because they were banking on lots of mining tax to pay for the NBN and to pay off the debt ....so if not as much profit therefore not as much tax one of those election promises has to give ...if its the NBN then what will Tony Windsor do he only went with Labor cos of it ....God only knows what reason Hotshott gave for going with Labor everyone was bored to tears and then sleep by the end of his 17 minute drivel before he said who and why  

Poddy

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2010, 08:28:54 PM »
Hmmmm....... I wonder why China cancelled? And where is China getting the amount that it cancelled buying here?
You can bet that China will still use as much as it ever did. So there will be somone else supplying it. Maybe China didnt like Crudd being stabbed in the back.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2010, 08:34:27 PM »
well the story goes that China has cancelled cos its slowing down , they say they arent buying elsewhere just trying to reduce carbon out put which oddly enough is something else labor support , so by cutting out carbon they have cut out buying so much iron ore which means less profits to mining in Aust so less tax so no broadband ...... viscious circle and both countries lose out on infrastructure ..... 

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2010, 08:38:14 PM »
Good!  then it stays in the ground a bit longer.  if they want it, they should pay for it.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2010, 08:39:49 PM »

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2010, 08:40:48 PM »
Good!  then it stays in the ground a bit longer.  if they want it, they should pay for it.

Lacey , they do pay for it ...what do you think they get it for nothing ? 

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2010, 08:47:17 PM »
I'm talking about tax, the same as every other business has to pay.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2010, 08:47:42 PM »
and whats the first thing she tells her party at the caucus meeting

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-election/gillard-calls-on-labor-to-stop-the-leaks-20100909-152gy.html

these would be the leaks that during the election campain she denied came from Labor
the same leaks that certain people said a certain Laurie Oakes fabricated .....

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2010, 08:48:14 PM »
Has anyone put any figures on what effect this will have on employment - and subsequent roll-on effects on commerce in affected areas?

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2010, 08:51:41 PM »

But...what happens if they hold out just long enough until the prices drop because the demand isn't there?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2010, 08:51:54 PM »
I'm talking about tax, the same as every other business has to pay.

they do pay the same in fact they pay more because on top of normal tax they pay royalties as well

now the govt want to impose an extra tax again over and above what normal businesses pay ...maybe they should pay more I dont know ....but you are missing my point , they wont have to pay tax unless they make the profit ...our biggest customer has just cancelled a good chunk of its order ....thats no money to pay for labors promises ...you say leave it in the ground .... they could do that and thousands and thousands of people would be out of work and not just mining people .... people need to understand the flow on here

But...what happens if they hold out just long enough until the prices drop because the demand isn't there?

Roo thats a big possibilty too at least that might save jobs but still then less profit as selling cheaper so less tax than labor had banked on

wyzeguy60

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2010, 04:47:10 PM »
smee, I explained all this at post #262 here

http://www.ozroundtable.com/index.php?topic=2695.260

;D

wyzeguy60

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2010, 04:55:38 PM »
as much as I am not a Julia fan the media do leg up a bit dont they
she isnt even married to the bloke so therfore this girl is not Julia's step daughter
and even if she was Julia can hardly be held accountable for her actions

wyzeguy60

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2010, 05:09:52 PM »
yes smee - I am aware of that. And she is actually quite successful. Still wouldn't let my son drag home something like that!!

;D

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2010, 05:17:59 PM »
yes .... when my son was 4 I made an agreement with him that when he was old enough to go out with young ladies that he had to bring them home for dad to try first   to approve

I did remind him of this arrangement when he was 17 and lobbed at home with some 19 year old glamour

he at that point wanted to reneg on the previous arrangement

wyzeguy60

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2010, 05:33:27 PM »
lol smee - I had the same arrangement but sadly he has not shown one iota of interest in the opposite sex. Or same for that matter !!
Seems to be the nerdish type and totally absorbed in games and computers etc.
Studies at uni and does games development ( don't tell yibs or ubbie ) and seems to be all males in that group.
Only chance to meet girls is when he goes to the take away - lol.
 ;D

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2010, 07:18:26 PM »

Plenty of wimmin in the Gaming world Wysie... ya make your own...

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2010, 07:57:58 PM »
yes smee - I am aware of that. And she is actually quite successful. Still wouldn't let my son drag home something like that!!

;D

Unfortunately you cannot control who your son falls for or thinks they have fallen for.

I know - and it breaks my heart.

No one who knows my son would have ever thought he would be with someone like 'her' she is the exact opposite of him in every way.  But she had a great sob story and my son swooped in and 'saved' her.

It makes me cry just thinking about it.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2010, 08:11:57 PM »
EUREKA! Look what I've found! This explains how our politicians have been playing with TBT! (a bluddy poison.) Next time you hear of a pollie being described as a dikchead... you'll know why!

This is happening off Fremantle in WA!

Exposure to chemical TBT causes female snails to grow penises on heads

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/breaking-news/exposure-to-chemical-tbt-causes-female-snails-to-grow-penises-on-heads/story-fn3dxity-1225917590101

And you heard it on OZRT first!

That Varieties Gal

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2010, 08:41:52 PM »
nice family connections too I believe

Full story here

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/julia-gillards-stepdaughter-believed-to-have-posed-for-zoo-magazine-shoot/story-e6frf96o-1225916495748

not exactly a loser - never heard of her myself but it sounds like she has a certain 'artistic' success in her own right in the fashion world

"The heavily tattoed Child has lived in New York for eight years and has styled celebrities including Lady Gaga, Donatella Versace and Dannii Minogue.

Her work regularly appears in glossy fashion magazines and music videos and she has set beauty trends for some of the world's most iconic brands including Hugo Boss, Marc Jacobs and Ralph Lauren."

That Varieties Gal

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2010, 09:06:03 PM »
seems she was known in the fashion world well before the elections
i'd never heard of her till I saw wysies' post!!
probably something of a party girl but obviously out there working to make a name and a product range!
i just hate it if she gets her gear off and then it's just made into trash to trash the PM!!
if old Juila wasn't the PM no body would take any notice of a naked australian hairdresser!!
zoo know how to make the bucks

this is her portfolio

http://lookproduction.com/staci-child/

more portfolio

http://lookproduction.com/staci-child/biography.html

interviews

http://skinnyintern.blogspot.com/2009/08/hair-stylist-staci-child.html

wyzeguy60

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2010, 09:44:04 PM »
Plenty of wimmin in the Gaming world Wysie... ya make your own..

where or how do you do that Robbie. Shows how computer illiterate I am.

PS - nice bikine - that purple one I mean

;D

Poddy

« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2010, 10:01:07 PM »
Don’t be sucked in by the latest antics of JOOLYA and ROBBO.
It was never intended for him to take the role that was 'offered'. It was a mechanism firstly to deflect the flack from his constituents and secondly to give him the opportunity to say that the opposition also offered him the same role.
I have no doubt that JOOLYA will be using him to attract the limelight (which he delights in) so that she is not under the microscope. ROBBO is not that bright and either he can’t see through the ploy or he is up to his ears in it.
Either way I am betting that he will trip and fall on to a sword, JOOLYA has plenty of those scattered around the place, most of them used.

That Varieties Gal

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2010, 10:03:44 PM »

Plenty of wimmin in the Gaming world Wysie... ya make your own..

where or how do you do that Robbie. Shows how computer illiterate I am.

PS - nice bikine - that purple one I mean

;D

nah
that was yibs - the chicks in skimpy gear and high heels (all stylishly colour matched I might add)
yes i was amazed at the purple bikini
must be made from kevlar
proving maximum support for minimal outlay

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2010, 10:40:53 PM »
EUREKA! Look what I've found! This explains how our politicians have been playing with TBT! (a bluddy poison.) Next time you hear of a pollie being described as a dikchead... you'll know why!

This is happening off Fremantle in WA!

Exposure to chemical TBT causes female snails to grow penises on heads

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/breaking-news/exposure-to-chemical-tbt-causes-female-snails-to-grow-penises-on-heads/story-fn3dxity-1225917590101

And you heard it on OZRT first!

So you do see why a lot of WA people have no faith in the epa or our state government to do the right thing.

Poddy

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2010, 10:48:26 PM »
Those light aircraft flying around Camberra are not crop dusting they are TBT dusting :)

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2010, 11:17:54 AM »
Kevin 07 has been asked to return the knife that was in his back
there is strong rumour that it will be inserted in Peter Garretts back later today

Poddy

« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2010, 01:46:29 PM »
I hope they sterilize it well, I would hate yo see any contaminates transferred

callostemma

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2010, 10:16:34 PM »
It's probably a family hierloom :pirateship:

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2010, 11:41:23 PM »
so Mr Midnight Oil survived and was just side shuffled to schools

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2010, 03:13:22 AM »
lol smee - I had the same arrangement but sadly he has not shown one iota of interest in the opposite sex. Or same for that matter !!
Seems to be the nerdish type and totally absorbed in games and computers etc.
Studies at uni and does games development ( don't tell yibs or ubbie ) and seems to be all males in that group.
Only chance to meet girls is when he goes to the take away - lol.
 ;D

Don't fret, there are a lot of cute female nerdettes in the gaming industry and anyway when he is making a bazillion dollars from games development he will have the H.. women beating a path to his door.
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

elantra

« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2010, 11:40:12 PM »
Decided to check in, & was surprised at the emails of support. Thank you.

LET JULIA ROOLYA

I would like to congratulate Roolya for selecting  Mr Greg Combet to Minister for Defence Personnel,
This guy is a bit of a hero to me, in 1998,  he & his Union  Maritime Union of Australia (MUA,) took on Peter Thief (I'm sorry that's Reith) & the Howard Government.In the Australian waterfront dispute.

The Howard Gov tried to recruit Australian Defence Personal send them to Dubai to be trained as wharfies, then sack all the Real wharfies & bring in these Australian Defence Personal to work the Wharfs.

The Australian government denied all knowledge of the plan, despite still-serving defence personnel being involved, and evidence provided by some of these members that the government was actively involved in supporting the plan. Still Peter Thief & John Howard lied.

Greg Combet stood firm!! Often on the front  of the picket line, facing Police with dogs & battons.

The case went before the Federal Court with Justice North finding in favour of the union.
 He found that the company had deliberately restructured their corporate structure with the sole intent to dismiss their unionised workers.
The company with the support of the government using the money it collected from the Australian tax payer, appealed this decision to the full bench of the Federal Court which upheld Justice North's earlier decision.
 The company appealed to the High Court of Australia with the government's support using the money it collected from the Australian tax payer,.
 The full bench of the High Court found in the MUA's favour, for the third time that the company had carried out a corporate restructure with the sole intent to dismiss their unionised workforce. Then bring in Australian Defence Personnel to run the wharfs at a higher rate of pay then the real wharfies were being paid.

Greg Combet led the fight from the front, embarrassed the Howard Gov that it was not long after that, that Peter Thief resigned

He will be an asset to the Roolya Gov, These are the sorts of guys that should be in Parliament, guys that are willing to stand up for what they believe in at any cost to themselves, people that wont back down, & make the hard decisions

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2010, 02:46:49 AM »
Welcome Back Elantra.

I am still hoping that a minority government could be a good thing.  At least now bills will scruntised more in the lower house before going to the senate.  After all the independents/greens have only agreed to support the government on supply bills and no confidence.

So in additional to the Labor party's 72 automatic votes - they will need 4 more - that could be any of the independents or even the WA Nationals.  And dont think the WA Nationals wont try and take advantage of this - they have done very well in WA with our hung parliament. 

We are definately in for interesting times

That Varieties Gal

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2010, 07:16:18 PM »
 :welcomedesk:
Hi Elantra - welcome back
It's great to hear about positive union work

I have a background in my younger days of working on factory floors and I know only too well the importance of having the union/delegates there to keep you in a job and keep you alive

I was driving home tonight and there was a bloke on the radio who had done some sort of a poll on voters positions post election

He said that this poll showed post-election Australia as seriously divided (with a really distinctive split between both the 'coalition and the labor' voters), whereas he said in previous elections, who ever supports the losing party tend to pick themselves up and dust themselves off - with people generally being able to find a middle ground quite quickly.
But this time round he said that people are communicating a lot of anger towards labor or coalition supporters and people are not finding that middle ground (esp the coalition supports as they are angry that they didn't 'win' the majority and esp angry with the independents). Interestingly he said that Julia was perceived as having done a sterling job on the post election negotiations and was rated higher over Abbot by coalition voters for leadership ability. He kept referring to the coalition which to my thinking, only seems to become apparent when the votes are counted. The liberal party suddenly becomes the coalition party.

I only noticed the Liberal support people at the two polling booths that I went to - I  don't recall being handed a 'how to vote coalition' form?
Maybe I have that wrong, anyways,

It was an interesting
& in a nutshell
Voters from either side of the camp are at 'each others' throats' and he thinks that might not settle too quickly either. So the tensions and/or anger is prevalent across the board not just in some forums!!! I hope that I explained that as well as the bloke on the radio did!!

Robbie

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2010, 07:43:46 PM »
We have two coalitions now....

As for voter sentiments being fired up still, I daresay the closeness of the result and the nature of the formation of government have allowed debate to continue.

I mean, it's hardly a decisive win for Labor - not that it would have been any different if the Liberals got in - but when was the last time that, more than two weeks after the poll, a nation was waiting anxiously for one independent to get through his oration to find out if we had a government or an election next on the agenda?

The simple fact is that the nation did not get a clear victory for either side.  The Labor/Greens coalition has negotiated its way to gain the right to form government, which is a lot less convincing than being able to hold up a scorecard that says Labor = 76 seats all on their own.  If they could have done that, a lot of the voter bickering would subside (IMO). If the majority were larger, then the bickering would not have lasted a week - except for the die-hards who will argue every poll until the next one.

Also, the balance of power is rather precarious. The possibility of a vote of no confidence is uncomfortably high. I, for one, find that unsettling.

That Varieties Gal

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2010, 09:01:04 PM »
agree Brumbs
that is the sense of it that I got from this man's report
the whole election process has been unsettling (and i would reckon the before as well as the after) - and seemed to go on forever
by the time they made the announcements etc - I was over it!!
Micky Mouse could have been PM for all I cared for by then!

how I understood this man's report too is - he said that the 'coalition' voters were angry about the independents siding with labor so I guess that says to me that there is an expectation that independents are really coalition members but simply branding a different party name - and this stripping of these assumptions may very well shake up that comfortable position ( i will say that they did surprise me - very much!! though, I thought Katter might hop on board with labor - never ceases to surprise me that man - I have spent more than half my life with either Bob or his father as my local MP and thought that I had pegged him differently - he used the 'rudd is a queenslander'  BS - translation - "QLD did the protest vote and I know which side my bread is buttered on!")

anyways, I hope that the optimists are right and we get a creative and more consultative government for all
and broadband for the country folk too !!  ;D
Then they can do e-bay just like city folk!!
cheers rob

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2010, 10:26:18 PM »
I suppose the expectation that the Independents might have sided with the Liberals/Nationals was because all three are on the "Conservative" side - more right than left. However, if anything's been made evident in this election, it's that there is no comfortable Right and Left division for many Australians any more. Are we more issues-focused now, or are there concerns that many Australians feel have not been sufficiently addressed by either of the major parties?

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Poddy

« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2010, 11:41:35 AM »
Well hello Trala!!

I had a premonition that you would re-emerge, after all is said and done this forum is the best there is for debate on any issue don’t you agree?

The basis for the premonition was the fact that, true to the beliefs of the group that you support, you would tend to forget the undertaking that you have made.  Point proven :)
Also I am guessing that by the comment LET JULIA ROOLYA you are keen to get a lively debate under way.

OK I'll bite, in my opinion,

LET JULIA ROOLYA equates to LET JOOLYA FOOLYA  

JOOLYA may think by putting on an appearance that she is the hard and sharp nosed ROOLAH that JOOLYA has been convinced by her puppet masters that she is, she is going to FOOLYA all the way.

It won’t work because the collective awareness of her audience is by far above that of what the puppet masters have allowed for.
I sometimes wonder if JOOLYA is even aware of the strings attached to her restricting her mobility and jerking her every which way.

According to a revelation from her own mouth (at least it MAY have been from her own mouth) she is NOW the REAL JOOLYA and that could be about the closest she has come to uttering the truth.

That Varieties Gal

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2010, 02:25:25 PM »
oh poddy...
I like having a "Jewel of Australia" !!  ;D

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2010, 02:47:52 PM »
My personal stance on Ms Gillard remains unaltered. I don't like the fact (not supposition, but fact), that she had an affair with married Minister Craig Emerson; I don't like the fact that she broke trust with Kevin Rudd.

It's not that we cannot all make mistakes. But if one's stance is that having a 2-year adulterous relationship is okay, that's not "making a mistake". That's a wrong intrinsic attitude towards marriage, fidelity and sensitivity to any hurt inflicted by such selfish behaviour on the betrayed wife and bewildered three children (in my opinion).

And if one's stance is that stabbing one's leader in the back in a take-over bid is okay (because of "mitigating" circumstances since the faceless men thought he should be removed), that's also not "making a mistake". That is again an intrinsically wrong attitude towards loyalty. (And again, that's in my opinion.)

I would not enter into business dealing with Ms Gillard. I do not trust her, and with the machinations of Labor's faceless men, I do not trust Labor.

(That is not to say I think the Liberal Party is beyond criticism. Au contraire. Nor do I think Mr Abbott beyond criticism; again, au contraire. But Tony Abbott has one immensely appealing count in his favour: he has demonstrated that he is capable of publicly admitting he has done things that are wrong, and acknowledging that they ARE wrong (rather than just "mistakes" which has a weaker and less responsible flavour to it). I have always found an ability to admit to wrongdoing far more attractive than a refusal to admit to it with an attempt to cover it up or whitewash it.)

My feeling is that I don't accept Ms Gillard as MY prime minister. She has not earned my respect, and I don't want her as the leader of a country in which I am a citizen. I don't feel she represents me in any way. As you can probably tell, I'm quite passionate on this subject.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

That Varieties Gal

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2010, 08:57:12 PM »
Yes - most passionate!!
I had to look up Craig Emerson - being the political wizz that I am Tessa!

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2010, 08:40:32 PM »
well that didnt take long for Kevin to get up to his old tricks again did it ?

1 day after being sworn in he is off overseas

That Varieties Gal

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2010, 08:47:31 PM »
 up up and away with TAA - the friendly friendly way !!!

Poddy

« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2010, 09:38:54 PM »
Well now you know why JOOLYA made Kevie foriegn minister, to get him out of th country so that he couldnt repay JOOLYA with a knife in th back :)

Method in th madness huh?

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2010, 01:50:06 AM »
Well, he has the experience and language skills ... for China at least.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2010, 09:04:19 AM »
so that he couldnt repay JOOLYA with a knife in th back

I think that's right too Poddy..... but when the business class airfares finally come to an end..... well, it's only a matter of time. I wonder whether that 'hole' was budgeted for?

elantra

« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2010, 12:01:29 AM »
Well hello Trala!!

I had a premonition that you would re-emerge, after all is said and done this forum is the best there is for debate on any issue don’t you agree?

The basis for the premonition was the fact that, true to the beliefs of the group that you support, you would tend to forget the undertaking that you have made.  Point proven :)
Also I am guessing that by the comment LET JULIA ROOLYA you are keen to get a lively debate under way.

OK I'll bite, in my opinion,

LET JULIA ROOLYA equates to LET JOOLYA FOOLYA  

JOOLYA may think by putting on an appearance that she is the hard and sharp nosed ROOLAH that JOOLYA has been convinced by her puppet masters that she is, she is going to FOOLYA all the way.

It won’t work because the collective awareness of her audience is by far above that of what the puppet masters have allowed for.
I sometimes wonder if JOOLYA is even aware of the strings attached to her restricting her mobility and jerking her every which way.

According to a revelation from her own mouth (at least it MAY have been from her own mouth) she is NOW the REAL JOOLYA and that could be about the closest she has come to uttering the truth.

There was a red head, called Joolya.
Who some thought would only Foolya.
She said to K Rudd.
Your name is now mud.
& I am the one who will Roolya

elantra

« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2010, 12:05:33 AM »
Mr Oakeshott to be Speaker!!

There will not be an election for three years.
There is no way he will give up the limelight.