Author Topic: CRIKEY! I've Just Won The SCAM Pommy Lottery!  (Read 14198 times)

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
CRIKEY! I've Just Won The SCAM Pommy Lottery!
« on: July 29, 2010, 08:28:58 PM »
Well, I haven't anymore.... because I've shared my winnings with others..... YOU!

The following email clobbered the mailbox this afternoon. It was under the Google Logo. Search as I have - Google doesn't to have a contact for such matters. Nonetheless - it was exciting..... while it lasted!

Google Incorporation.
Belgrave House
76 Buckingham Palace Road
London SW1W 9TQ
United Kingdom.

Winning No: GUK/877/798/2010
Ticket No: GUK/699/33/2010
Notification Date: 24/07/2010

GOOGLE ANNIVERSARY WINNING NOTIFICATION.

We wish to congratulate you once again on this note, for being part of our winners selected this year. This promotion was set-up to encourage the active users of the Google search engine and the Google ancillary services.

Hence we do believe with your winning prize, you will continue to be active and patronage to the Google search engine. Google is now the biggest search engine worldwide and in an effort to make sure that it remains the most widely used search engine, we ran an online e-mail beta test which your email address won £950,000.00 {Nine Hundred and Fifty Thousand Great British Pounds Sterling}

We wish to formally announce to you that you have successfully passed the requirements, statutory obligations, verifications, validations and satisfactory report Test conducted for all online winners.

A winning cheque will be issued in your name by Google Promotion Award Team, You have therefore won the entire sum of £950,000.00 {Nine Hundred And Fifty Thousand Great British Pounds Sterling} and also a certificate of prize claims will be sent along side your winning cheque.

Sir Andreas Georgetown.
Foreign Transfer Manager
Google Promotion Award Team
Email: gpa-team101@gala.net
Fax: +44 705-361-9288

You are advised to contact your Foreign Transfer Manager with the following details to avoid unnecessary delay and complications:

VERIFICATION AND FUNDS RELEASE FORM.
(1) Your Contact Address/Private Email Address.
(2) Your Tel/Fax Numbers.
(3) Your Nationality/Country.
(4) Your Full Name.
(5) Occupation/Company.
(6) Age/Gender.
(7) Ever Won An Online Lottery?
(8) How Do You Feel As A Winner?

The Google Promotion Award Team has discovered a huge number of double claims due to winners informing close friends relatives and third parties about their winning and also sharing their pin numbers. As a result of this, these friends try to claim the lottery on behalf of the real winners. The Google Promotion Award Team has reached a decision from headquarters that any double claim discovered by the Lottery Board will result to the canceling of that particular winning, making a loss for both the double claimer and the real winner, as it is taken that the real winner was the informer to the double claimer about the lottery. So you are hereby strongly advised once more to keep your winnings strictly confidential until you receive your prize.

Congratulations from the Staffs & Members of the Google interactive Lotteries Board Commission.

Sincerely,
Dr. Donald Lloyd.
Google Promotion Award Team.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
Re: CRIKEY! I've Just Won The SCAM Pommy Lottery!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 08:40:58 PM »
I got a laugh out of that one Loco. I particularly liked the sentence;

"So you are hereby strongly advised once more to keep your winnings strictly confidential until you receive your prize."

I guess you will have to keep it confidential forever!

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 08:59:22 PM »
Nine Hundred and Fifty Thousand Great British Pounds Sterling

I'd reckon any amount of British Pounds Sterling to be GREAT!

I noticed that there is a Hotlink on this email. Under Modify - I am unable to remove or delete it! Suggest people NOT click on it!

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 09:05:12 PM »
Nigerian.
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

mandurahmum

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 09:36:28 PM »
Congrat's to you - I know how excited you must be - I win the myspace one at least once a fortnight

tommy.irene

• Knight of the RT
  • Im a 99 year old IRISHMAN..But I still think im 25
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 11:46:35 PM »
I won £500,000...... Yahoo!France Inc.Customer Care.701 First AvenueSunnyvale, CA 94089.USA.   This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of Five HundredThousand (500,000.00 GB POUNDS) in the YEAR 2010/2011 YAHOO! FranceLottery promotion which is organized by YAHOO! FRANCE LOTTERY INC forthe introduction and Launching of the new YAHOO! FRANCE BETA MAILwhich all YAHOO! subscribers are required to switch to. YAHOO! FRANCE & MICROSOFT WINDOWS, arranged and gathered all thee-mail addresses of the people that are active online, among theMillions that subscribe at YAHOO!,HOT MAIL, GOOGLE MAIL, AOL MAIL, BTINTERNET MAIL, JUNO MAIL and Others WEB MAIL. We only selected THREE(3) candidates as our winners after undergoing the random selectionprocess through electronic balloting System (E.B.S) without thecandidate applied, we congratulate you for being one of the peopleselected with your email address.  PAYMENT OF PRIZE AND CLAIM You are to contact the Claim Agent Dr.Barry Wright who will issue youa clearance paper as a winning certificate approved and certified fromour Regional office in Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire sub-region of France andyour prize money will be released to you from any of our regionalpromotion banks as directed by the claim agent. YAHOO! France Beta Lottery Prize must be claimed not later than 14days from date of Draw Notification in which Prize has been won. Note: (Any prize not claimed within this period 15 days) will be forfeited. IDENTIFICATION Batch number.....................YBM-EBS-390AFReff number........................YBM-EBS-719AFWinning number...............YBM-EBS-798AF Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our IvoryCoast Regional booklet representative office in Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoireas indicated in your play coupon. In view of this, your (Five HundredThousand Pounds) will be released to you by any of our paymentregional offices in ABIDJAN,COTE D'IVOIRE Precisely. CONTACT YOUR CLAIMS AGENT HERE AND ALSO DO CALL HIMOur Africa Fiduciary Claims Agent:Dr.Barry WrightOfficial Email Address:claimsbarrywright08@live.comcustomercare-claim-agent@inMail24.com Telephone Number: 0022503471961 / 0022566313187 Enjoy Online Lottery You are therefore advised to send the following information to him tofacilitate and process the transfer of your fund with any of our Bankpromotion agents. Send your Identification Numbers/Your Personal Information to him sothat he will proceed further for your prize claim immediately: PERSONAL INFORMATION 1. Full Name:....................................2. Nationality/Religion:.........................3. Contact Address:..............................4. Telephone Number:.............................5. Fax Number:...................................6. Date of Birth:................................7. Occupation....................................8. Age...........................................9. Sex...........................................10.Alternative E-mail address:................... IMPORTANT NOTE:You are advised to keep your winning informationconfidential to avoid "Double Claim and Abuse of the Program" untilyour prize is paid to you. We hope you're enjoying your new Yahoo! Mail account. Now take thenext step and claim your money and say thanks to Yahoo! You select howto transfer the prize money to you 1. Account Transfer to your nominated bank2. Check Delivery3. Diplomatic Service  This prize will be released to you from any of our promotional banksas will be directed by the Sub-Region of France Claim/verificationagent.   Yahoo! France & Ireland Copyright 2010 Yahoo France Inc!. All rights reserved     

***** TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL *****

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 02:01:57 AM »
First Loco, now Tommy.....

sigh - to see such winnings fly out the window........................... just because they wanted to share their good fortune.

Doesn't it just make you warm and fuzzy inside....?

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 07:52:31 AM »
I never win anything, the Nigerians must hate me!

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 08:06:36 AM »
Ubbie! YOU HAVE WON! TWICE!!!

And congrats to you Tommy! Isn't it nice to win something ...... occasionally. Pity is - I doubt the cheque will be coming. (I did consider entering Mr CONroy's details and returning it on his behalf!)

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 08:36:54 AM »
Ripper Loco, What have I won, where is it, I'm very excited.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 08:46:03 AM »
Dunno yet.... It's a mystery prize. I'll let ya know when the cheque comes what your share is.

tommy.irene

• Knight of the RT
  • Im a 99 year old IRISHMAN..But I still think im 25
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 07:51:09 PM »
INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONDEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS WEST- AFRICAN ZONAL COMMAND 5, MOHAMMED BUHARI WAY ABUJA – NIGERIA TELE : +234-807-508-1267Email : marerejerraton222@yahoo.com.hk     Our ref:IHRO/RXX/2010    PAYMENT NOTIFICATION    Attn: Beneficiary    My Name is Jerraton Marere, a representative of International Human Rights Organization (IHRO) in Nigeria,West Africa. With respect to Category 'A' of International human rights organization act of 2007 on scams, contractual and foreign beneficiary funds, in conjunction with the determine interest of this organization in restoring human rights violated/ dignity.   There was an important meeting held on 1st of June, 2010,at the Presidential Villa on foreign debt settlement with the following offices.   - Office of the Presidency.  - Office of the International Human Right Organization(IHRO)  - Representatives of United Nations  - Representatives of world Bank.   During this crucial meeting, it was agreed that two categories of people are to be paid, the first is all overdue Contractual/Foreign Beneficiary Debt. Second being those that have lost their money in the hands of some imposters.   With the help of World Bank, the sum of US$8.5Billion has been placed in the Federal Reserved Account to offsetting these debts.   An Authoritative letter to conduct this payment and lists of names were forwarded to my Office (IHRO) from the Presidency, he said that the listed names was compiled by the Nigerian Financial Security Agency(NFSA) after their findings.   Am glad to announce to you that the sum of US$ 2Million (TWO MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS) has been attached to your name among the listed names that will receive their money during this exercise. Your payment information is as follows:   1. Payment reference number….IHRO/08/FGN/5-118.  2. Allocation amount …..US$2MILLION.  3. Password number….FUND RELEASE/9955104  4. Certificate of merit payment number...45084JB.   Meanwhile, a woman came to my office few days ago with a letter, claiming to be your representative. Here are the information provided by her:   Name: Mrs. Dianna Koyayesva  Bank Name: Citi Bank, New York  Account Number:6503809428  Bank Address: New York, NY 10018.   For your information, I have placed a stop order on the fund not to be transferred to City Bank, until we receive further clarification from you. Please do reconfirm to this office, as a matter of urgency if this woman is from you so that this money will not be made to the wrong person. However, provide these information to this office immediately:   1 Your full name........    2 Your full contact address.....    3 Your fax/tel number.......    These your information is a proper means to verify your file, to avoid making payment to the wrong person.  Finally, we shall proceed to issue all payments details to the said Mrs. Dianna Koyayesva, if we do not hear from you soon.    Congratulations in advance.     Yours Faithfully, Jerraton Marere Rep. IHRO. TELE : +234-807-508-1267
***** TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL *****

acer2u

• Knight of the rt
  • Knight
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 08:21:38 PM »
Well I should say congratulations with a healthy dose of laughter thrown in which I presume you did when you received it.

The thing that always puzzles me somewhat about these types of scams is why so many seem to fall for them.  Is it the naive belief that they have actually won something? or do some just let their perhaps desperation for the money overide their commonsence.

You hear so many stories of those that have been taken for a ride with them but then I lean on the notion that it is extremely obvious as to what they are.  Given the name Sir Andreas Georgetown doesn't even ring to be a legitimate name well surname for that matter you'd get the strong impression that would at least if not after reading the bulk of it, that bit should  be a giveaway to it being a scam.

Though I do get a chuckle when I see one crop up in the inbox which is mostly very rare given I've got a pretty good spam blocker in place these days.

I would hazard a guess that most get a great laugh out of them these days.

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 10:56:04 PM »
Well I should say congratulations with a healthy dose of laughter thrown in which I presume you did when you received it.

The thing that always puzzles me somewhat about these types of scams is why so many seem to fall for them.  Is it the naive belief that they have actually won something? or do some just let their perhaps desperation for the money overide their commonsence.

You hear so many stories of those that have been taken for a ride with them but then I lean on the notion that it is extremely obvious as to what they are.  Given the name Sir Andreas Georgetown doesn't even ring to be a legitimate name well surname for that matter you'd get the strong impression that would at least if not after reading the bulk of it, that bit should  be a giveaway to it being a scam.

Though I do get a chuckle when I see one crop up in the inbox which is mostly very rare given I've got a pretty good spam blocker in place these days.

I would hazard a guess that most get a great laugh out of them these days.

There was a segment on TV about this stuff app 2 years ago and they asked ppl what they thought of paying moeny to these scammer and also giving out their details.  It was amazing how idiotic some of those ppl were.  some even said they knew they would nver get the money but it was worth a try anyway.  They IMHO deserve what they got.
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

callostemma

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 01:26:18 PM »
I won the car lottery   ME  who NEVER buys a lottery ticket
congratulation s ,you have won blah blah  click on the link to find out more :evillaugh:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 01:39:14 PM »
Da-Dee-Doh.....
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 03:02:30 PM »
Scammers and con artists work on the premise that they promise something for nothing... and their victims end up with nothing for something.

There is no doubt that the majority of (or perhaps all) scams work by appealing to one's greed - an unbelievable deal, an amazing bargain, etc.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 02:32:28 AM »

Ha ! that's nothing I have the chance of a life time ! just got to give my banking details to a banished prince from Nigeria and he's gunna drop a cool 20 million into my account ! poor bloke's been treated harshly so he's taking the money out of his country and splitting it with me for helping him out.... easiest 20 mil I ever made ! 

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 03:17:06 PM »
I won a frozen chook in a pub raffle once.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2010, 03:32:02 PM »
Here's an opening for an enterprising person. Admittedly a bit different to winning the lottery or receiving a bequest from a long lost relative. I received it in the emails today.

It involves a bit of work.

"Hello Friend,

Good day to you, I greet you in the name of our lord Jesus Christ, My name is Mr Smith James I'm artist by profession,I'm a British man and I base in Nigeria, I'm married with three kids.

I got your email address on the British Chamber of Commerce and I decided to contact you.Actually I'm looking for a representative in Australia, I have a job offer that will earn you more money every week, this job offer will not stop you from your daily job, and the job offer is thus:

All my customers are Australians, and they all want to pay me via wire transfer, and it is always very hard for me to recieve transfer payments here in Lagos, Nigeria, because the Nigerian Government does not permit the usage of international payment transfer very much here in Nigeria.So therefore I decided to search for a reliable and honest person in Australia to help me in receiving this payment and send me physical cash here in Nigeria.

I have so many customers in Australia and If you are interested, you will be earning more money every week as 10% commission as my Australian REPRESENTATIVE,this job offer will not affect your present work, all I need from you is honesty and trust, kindly send me the information's below and I will have my customers to start sending the payments to you immediately:

Name:
Account Number:
BSB Code:
Your Current House/Mobile Telephone Number:

As soon as I receive the above details from you, I will contact all my customers to send the payments to you as my Australian REPRESENTATIVE, I want to bring to your notice that you will not involve any of your money into this job offer, you won't spend any money in this job offer not even a dime, consider this job offer and reply back to me with the above details, Thanks as I await your immediate response.

Sincerely Yours.
Mr Smith James"

:keelhaul:

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2010, 04:53:19 PM »
Dear Mr Smith James,

It is kind of you to greet me in the name of Jesus Christ, but are you not taking a bit of a leap there? What if I were a Zoroastrian? What if I were in the habit of worshipping Sumerian gods? What if I were a follower of Ra? What if I were an atheist worshipping only my irreligion? What if I were a demonologist? What if I were a psychopathic deranged killer of Christians?

Of course I'm actually very devout and absolutely trusthworthy; all your base in Nigeria belong me, I'm married with 20 kids so you can see I'm very very devout.

It is truly a miracle that you got my email address on the British Chamber of Commerce because this email address is actually private and I only use it for buying pharmaceuticals (very devout ones) and performing devout activities of financial speculation with devout little pictures of holy fruit.

Let's call it a miracle; I'm sure you got it honestly.

Now then; down to business.

I googled your name and couldn't find any of your works for sale. I can't be a representative for an artist who doesn't have any fame online. You're going to have to convince me that you are worth representing. Please send me all of your current paintings by courier to my post office box address, as well as your financial records, artistic qualifications, list of clients and of course your own banking details and address. I will need your street address, not a postal address, since I will be risking my financial standing in helping you.

As soon as I have had your works assessed by my internal house artistic expert (known as the Commander in Chief), I will contact you with further instructions.

Most kindly salutations,
Mr Ubbie the Max
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2010, 10:51:14 PM »
I like it Countess. I might just use it if that's OK.

Elantra

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 08:53:45 PM »
I have just WON $100,000.00 in a lottery from Thailand. WOO WHO I"M RICH.
All I have to do is send all my banking details for the money to be transferred.
This from a text on mobile phone that,, nobody has the number of.
Maybe I should send text back telling them I will come & collect the money.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 09:34:20 PM »
Careful - you might end up paying for that text BIG TIME!!

If not for the hit on a phone number (invitation to follow up on a response), there are some fascinating pricing mechanisms for some of the mobile phone services!!!  (and you won't know about them until you get your bill.)

Elantra

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 09:52:33 PM »
Careful - you might end up paying for that text BIG TIME!!

If not for the hit on a phone number (invitation to follow up on a response), there are some fascinating pricing mechanisms for some of the mobile phone services!!!  (and you won't know about them until you get your bill.)

Yeah, have heard about that. Probably best to just ignore.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 10:56:37 PM »
But if they do give you the money, share it with us...  :crazy:

Elantra

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 11:57:59 PM »
But if they do give you the money, share it with us...  :crazy:

Okay send me all your banking details including password & pin,
then wait for money.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 12:09:15 AM »
 :rofl: :roflmao: :rofl: :rofl: :roflmao: :roflmao:

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 12:12:41 AM »
Of course I will be happy to do that (under my Nigerian name; my bank account is Nigerian.) Oh, and my uncle was the deposed and murdered advisor to the President, into whose trust the President gave the entire Royal Treasurehouse.

If you can just pay the bribe to the lawyer with your winnings, we can get the Royal Treasurehouse (money and jewels) sent over here to split between us.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 12:13:34 AM »
(I can see a movie script in this..............................!)