Author Topic: So now I have to confirm my debit card?  (Read 10915 times)

Hermit

• Knight of the RT
So now I have to confirm my debit card?
« on: July 14, 2010, 11:15:58 PM »
Tonight I go to pay by paypal with my debit card but there's no option anymore. I go to change funding source in checkout but it takes me back to the main choices of bank deposit/paypal/money order etc instead of being able to choose different paypal funding options. Trying to figure out what's going on I log into paypal and find that I have to link my debit/credit card or something. It costs $2 but apparently I get it back later. Then I find the magic 4 digit number takes a few days to show on the statement.

So when did this all happen?

I gave up and paid by bank deposit until I get the 4 digit number.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: So now I have to confirm my debit card?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 11:20:16 PM »
you would get it quicker if they send you  a 3 digit number coz that would mean that someone had extracted the digit

but I havent heard of this before as if I ever pay for anything with paypal its with funds that are already in my account from sales , so sorry cant help you

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 11:27:55 PM »
Hermit, when I logged into PayPal earlier today there was a message saying they were making changes so I'd say it's only happened today. There are a few posts on the eBay boards about the same PayPal payment problems.

Hermit

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 09:53:47 AM »
Looks like it's coincided with the new payment options.

low-enghooi

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 10:09:51 AM »
So when did this all happen?

I gave up and paid by bank deposit until I get the 4 digit number.

It happens with every new debit/credit card you added to your paypal. There is certain limit you can pay with your card before paypal ask you to confirm your card to lift the limit.

If you have online access to your debit card statement, they should appear in your statement few days after the transaction. Otherwise you can call your bank to find out the 4 digit number.

Hermit

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 11:39:54 AM »
What a strange way of doing business. I would have thought it logical to use the 4 digit security check BEFORE being able to use a CC/DC. Not after I've been using it for several months. PP have crazy people in charge of operations.

low-enghooi

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 11:55:16 AM »
The limit (for my case) is US$100. It doesn't matter how long it takes for you to reach the spending limit, whether days or months.

They do ask people to confirm the card when they first added the card to enjoy unlimited spending limit (limited by your card's limit.)

I think it is reasonable. At least if allows people to make small payment immediately while waiting for the card to be confirmed. It takes few days (2-3 days in my case) for bank to confirm the transaction and appear in the statement, which then one can confirm the card and enjoy the full limit. This is one time process. To me it is fair though I can't speak for other people.

I think paypal is reasonably fair to the buyer. I know they are NOT for the seller as with every fraud encountered. But I am not a seller.

No comment on who is in charge of their operation.

Hermit

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 12:31:50 PM »
I don't know what my limit is/was but it must have been over $500 au.

shyer

• Knight of the RT
  • from UBB & yib thank you
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 03:00:03 PM »
Well Paypuss have closed all my paypuss selling and buying accounts. They want copies of my passport and drivers licence plus other things. They can get F%$#@# stuffed. They ARE NOT an AUSTRALIAN bank they are a crooked, lying swiss money broker outside normal OECD laws.

I guess they do not like my paypuss work arounds. I will now tell who ever wants to know,my methods once common knowledge Paypuss will have to change their programing.

Their loss not mine $100,000 last year buying some $10,000 selling, paypuss fees they will never see again. They also have the hide and arrogrance to say they are keeping all my funds for 180 days . When everything arrives I am expecting only a thousand dollars or so. I'll see how they like a statement of liquidated claims form a rural court and a complaint to Banking ombudsman. Useless Bastards

Just listed my first items using Paymate and will now only pay with paymate. I notice paymate receiving funds limit is higher and fees seem lower. Very different to paypuss to join and not able to send invoices through paymate to anyone. Payer has to initate payment for non ebay payments. That will be a problem, the average dumb, uneducated ebay buyers have trouble with simple tasks.

All buyers have problems with complicated tasks.

HellWest'nCrooked

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 10:57:21 AM »

I understand your frustrations shyer......Paypal would do that to anyone but I am not so sure that you should be taking it out on the "average dumb,uneducated ebay buyers have trouble with simple tasks" !

That is a couple of times you have had a go at the ebay buyer, perhaps you should take your business to another site.......if the ebay buyer is THAT dumb, you wouldn't have to deal with them again!!
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning