Author Topic: 60% PLUS INCREASE ON HOUSEHOLD ELECTRICITY...WHAT NEXT?  (Read 40029 times)

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
Re: 60% PLUS INCREASE ON HOUSEHOLD ELECTRICITY...WHAT NEXT?
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2010, 08:32:52 PM »
Tell you what Yib..... ask her if she likes interior painting.

Oh - and Tello

So if....I put a timer on the power cord, I can get the same action?

In the words of a famous American...... "Yes you can". - But defrost your fridge first. Freezers don't have the same problem, as long as opening and closing is kept to a minimum.

*cupie*

« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2010, 08:33:28 PM »
Nothing like the 'REAL' thing...thanks golden I'll take that under advisement...lol...but wood around here?...bugga the licenses, we know enough people to get donations....trees every bloody where....and yet we can't afford to heat the whole house in winter...it's too expensive on LPG...so why not burn wood that's lying every bloody where......lol...and you're right...don't know WHY I didn't build a fireplace in from the beginning...

*cupie*

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2010, 08:34:29 PM »
Yib...if you're single story...ya have no excuse mate...winters coming...get crackin.....I like the glass cased ones too...easy to clean..fairly modern..no excuses....lol

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2010, 08:38:20 PM »
Yib...if you're single story...ya have no excuse mate...winters coming...get crackin.....I like the glass cased ones too...easy to clean..fairly modern..no excuses....lol

I'm glad she doesn't read these / your posts... she'd be bustin my chops now to go look at some tomorrow !....LOL

*cupie*

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2010, 08:43:59 PM »
come on now...i'm double story...much more bullshit involved....but I can tell ya...I'm aiming for just that...not more bullshit, but some kind of wood burning fireplace....can't afford the LPG over winter..it's huge....compared to summer, where we open the doors and windows and enjoy the N/easter...

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2010, 08:44:23 PM »
While you're looking at these things tomorrow.. ;D Check out the four sided glass models. They are beautiful..... and the heat.... you'll have to turn of the air conditioner to cool the place down. Where we are, the local council is paying a rebate to people who remove them. Not much chance of a positive building application here.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2010, 08:46:18 PM »

I can't be bothered cleaning the ashes out of it on a regular basis ....LOL

Wood burners kick ash!

Gardens love it.

You can spice up the kitty litter box with it for added odor control.

Sop up spilled gravy. Start a Barroom brawl with a dash in yer Mate's Schooner.

Blind your neighbours with a handful cleverly concealed in your breast pocket.

Keep it on hand when Government Officials come to the door. You know how anal they are about shiney, polished black shoes.

DON'T BE A WUSS.

DON'T BE AN ASHHOLE!
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

golden

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2010, 08:48:29 PM »
You' are right, the new models burn clean and really only require cleaning out coals a couple of times per year. Much more efficient.
If you're an organised person Cupes and can get on top of your woodpile its really easy.  It's when you don't seem to know where to get wood, you get behind and it all seems a hassle when there is no need to be like that. As you say, most people need to cut trees and then pay for their removal, how stupid, when there's other people willing to go get it, take it home and win, win.

Yibs you may mention to the boss, the only model you can find comes with it's own "luuurrvvveee  rug"

Poddy

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2010, 08:54:06 PM »
I guess a few of us technical types had better start a thread to blow some of the power/energy myths out of the water.

There is so much headspinning bullshit on solar energy, carbon emission, alternative power sources and scams to rip people off in the guise of 'saving the planet, security, protection, safety' but in reality they are plots to control the masses and to deprive them of their will to resist the march to a 'NEW WORLD ORDER'.

You may think that Poddy has flipped his lid but have a closer look at what schemes have been tried to be forced down our throat.

the seeds have been sown already to have each human being 'chipped' so that they can be geolocated.

What ever happened to the basic right to privacy?

*cupie*

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2010, 09:11:07 PM »
survival interceded....lol...winter is cold...golden..I'm taking notes....and I reckon I can make sure me woodpile is fully stocked...wood every bloody where...lol...so much so..ya can't see the forest for the trees....or is that Canberra?

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2010, 09:13:39 PM »
Well Poddy - I for one don't think you're nuts!

Internet filtering here - in the US, The Fourth Amendment is virtually gone from what I read. (Tello might be able to help here on significance)
Health Care here - Same priority in the US - Pity Mr Obama can't make it.

Ray Stevens put this pretty well.....

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ray+stevens+we+the+people&search_type=&aq=1

ETS - Will it or won't it get up..... needless to say, increases in power and water pricing.... indirect taxation?

And - basic rights..... What is happening to basic freedoms?

I read quite some while ago about celebrity parents 'microchipping' their kids to assist in their recoveries if kidnapped.

Very hard to trust the people causing these things to occur

And Cupie - mightn't hurt to ship a few sticks to Canberra - but timber wasn't quite what I had in mind.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2010, 09:18:42 PM »
I guess a few of us technical types had better start a thread to blow some of the power/energy myths out of the water.

There is so much headspinning bullshit on solar energy, carbon emission, alternative power sources and scams to rip people off in the guise of 'saving the planet, security, protection, safety' but in reality they are plots to control the masses and to deprive them of their will to resist the march to a 'NEW WORLD ORDER'.

You may think that Poddy has flipped his lid but have a closer look at what schemes have been tried to be forced down our throat.

the seeds have been sown already to have each human being 'chipped' so that they can be geolocated.

What ever happened to the basic right to privacy?

Ya dead right Poddster...and when we're old and decrepard and outlived our usefulness we have Soylent Green to look forward to and feed the masses with whats left of us.... LOL... errr.. now I'm depressed...

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2010, 09:36:18 PM »
(Tello might be able to help here on significance)

The Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution is the part of the Bill of Rights which guards against unreasonable searches and seizures. The amendment specifically also requires search and arrest warrants be judicially sanctioned and supported by probable cause. It was adopted as a response to the abuse of the writ of assistance, which is a type of general search warrant, in the American Revolution. Search and arrest should be limited in scope according to specific information supplied to the issuing court, usually by a law enforcement officer, who has sworn by it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

It's the DON'T FLOCK WITH ME OR I'LL BUST YOU UP rule.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2010, 09:38:54 PM »
(Tello might be able to help here on significance)

The Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution is the part of the Bill of Rights which guards against unreasonable searches and seizures. The amendment specifically also requires search and arrest warrants be judicially sanctioned and supported by probable cause. It was adopted as a response to the abuse of the writ of assistance, which is a type of general search warrant, in the American Revolution. Search and arrest should be limited in scope according to specific information supplied to the issuing court, usually by a law enforcement officer, who has sworn by it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

It's the DON'T FLOCK WITH ME OR I'LL BUST YOU UP rule.

Dude wanna type up an Aussie version for us... we could use something like that over here...

Poddy

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2010, 09:42:17 PM »
Loco, the problem is the 'We The People' have not fully awakened as yet and WE are being actively discouraged not to even think of awakening.

It is taught in schools and through the media, DUMB IS GOOD, all else is a conspiracy theory.

We, collectively have been fed on so much bullshit and been kept in the dark for so long that we now have almost metamorphosed into mushrooms.

if a person was to use just a tiny fraction of their basic intelligence they would realise that no amount of taxation is, for instance, make it rain more to alleviate the so called 'water shortage'.

The only extra moisture will occur is tears from over taxation.

Poddy

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2010, 09:45:25 PM »
Tello, I think your 5th ammendment went out the window when the Homeland Security Bill was rushed through and passed ..................BASTARDS

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2010, 09:48:58 PM »
Yib..... We did - once upon a time.

Around the time of the US Patriot Act - there were some serious changes here too. This wee bit was in vogue - "search and arrest warrants be judicially sanctioned and supported by probable cause." It was changed from a warrant issued by a court - to reasonable cause - under the control of the Police. They now have the ability (and powers) to search you, your premises as they wish - based on reasonable suspicion. They also have the ability to question or detain - if in they believe you may be conducting a 'terrorist' related activity. The twenty-four hour detention limitation without charge vanishes under these circumstances.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2010, 10:02:13 PM »
Loco...I'm not up with all the National laws stuff...seeing I'm a law abiding citizen I never worry about these sort of things... LOL

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2010, 10:04:21 PM »
Tello, I think your 5th ammendment went out the window when the Homeland Security Bill was rushed through and passed ..................BASTARDS

I heard: The Homeland Security bill was written up and in the can BEFORE 911.

Sneeky bastards!!!!!

New World Odor stuff, ya see?

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2010, 10:06:50 PM »
Loco...I'm not up with all the National laws stuff...seeing I'm a law abiding citizen I never worry about these sort of things... LOL

First they took the chickens, and no one helped them.

Then they took the Jews, and no one helped them.

When they come for YOU, there won't be anyone to help.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2010, 10:09:38 PM »
Yib - I'd like to think we all are here.... but under the new law, even law abiding individuals can easily come unstuck. I believe that we all have very much to worry about under the new criteria. 'Reasonable suspicion' can be created by an anonymous complaint made by any individual. The AVO laws are just one example - where neighbourhood disputes are concerned. Someone rings and makes a complaint that you were seen with a gun in your house..... and look out.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2010, 10:12:58 PM »
That's called "Dropping a Dime".

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2010, 10:15:45 PM »
And - off topic.... on a really sad note: Fess Parker died today. I grew up with this bloke.

Daniel Boone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhYRDPG8Mu0

emptyheadted

• Knight
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2010, 10:16:07 PM »
yes the government seems to have forgot that they work for us, for years now they have believed we work for them, and how can they squeeze every last cent out of us. its about time they got a reminder and for them to stop giving this country and its minerals away

Poddy

« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2010, 10:24:37 PM »
And you all realise of course IF the Clean Feed Bill is passed we could be blacklisted for being radicals

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2010, 10:28:19 PM »
That's absolutely right.

I read today that Youtube has told the Australian Government that it won't restrict it's content here. Youtube notes that most of the restrictions apply to political comment. They argue in favour of freedom of speech.

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2010, 10:30:09 PM »
I'm afraid it's just another grab for cash and buggger  the comsumer...AGAIN.

Yid this is why all the state goverments (labour) sold the electricty grid, prices had to rise and state governments did not want the blame for old stations and old distribution networks. It also allowed the feral governement ( high taxes labour a new "pretend geen tax"). To save electricty and gas, gas will rise as well, INSULTATE FIRST in number order below. Heating and cooling is 70 / 80% of most house holds energy use. Firstly ONLY heat or cool rooms when occupied.Hot water small unit, unless solar or off peak. Solar hot water the cheapest way to save energy. Off peak electricty will be cheap for a long time excess capacity in electricty during off peak. Cold water clothes ect wash obviously.

1.Seal all doors and windows with stick on felt and door /window seal closers most windows can be double glassed using 2 mm poly cabonate on the inside. Small 3mm rubber bead with wipe of clear silicon, to stand off glass and wood bead glued / nailed to tidy up. BATTS in celling and foil if not installed.
2. Floor length curtains with pelments, curtains closed when heating or cooling. DO NOT use Air con when outside temp below 10C for heating.
3. External Doors if hollow core (many are) insulate or replace.
4.Stars on fridges, frezers or Air cons mean little. Just buy the smallest unit you can live with and even a second small unit for chrismas guests, the few times a year needed.

Number 2 bothers me.  It gets really freezing here in winter, so why shouldn't we used No 2?
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Poddy

« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2010, 10:32:49 PM »
KRudd is very much like GWB i feel and is trying to follow in his footsteps, If you live or work in one of the tallest buildings in Sydney ..............be Afraid ............very afraid

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2010, 10:34:39 PM »
Yeah Lacey, I was wondering about no. 2 as well, the air con below 10 degrees bit.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2010, 10:37:31 PM »
I'm not absolutely sure - but I believe it would be due to the outside unit icing up - and losing efficiency. Ever noticed when your air conditioner is cooling inside, the outside unit is blowing hot air? The reverse applies when you're heating inside your home.

lacey

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2010, 10:49:41 PM »
OK well sorry, it's sometimes get to minus here and that means a lousy 8 or 9 in this house..

I really need double glazed windows.  Actually I really need a more weather friendly house. And I'm sure that as hot as this summer was, we can expect a winter as cold as any other, si i guess my AC will be running every morning.

A few years ago, some ppl we new wanted to build a new house but the council wouldn't let them unless they installed double glazed windows, batts, sarking or silver paper, and some stuffing that was sprayed in between the walls.  They had an AC (reverse cycle) but never had to use it because it never got cold enough or hot enough in the house.  She reckoned it was the best thing they could possibly have done and were very happy with the outcome.
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2010, 10:56:02 PM »
And - off topic.... on a really sad note: Fess Parker died today. I grew up with this bloke.

Daniel Boone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhYRDPG8Mu0

He played Alan Crotty in THEM!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047573/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3RDdnCWPU4&feature=related

golden

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2010, 10:58:21 PM »
We have a section of our crimes act here Tello and Poddy that is never really discussed.  Have a good read of every word and decipher what applies.  Every citizen has the same rights as MOPF (members of the Police force).

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/ca195882/s458.html

Back to topic we also have a reverse cycle which we use to cool, but also when you only need that heat from 8pm til late and not worth lightin the fire.  We were told it wouldn't work under about 5 degrees, never has it iced up or refused to heat. We get down to about -5 degrees or so.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2010, 11:37:27 PM »
golden - Same rights in the case of a 'citizens arrest'. Not so 'detain and search'.

golden

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2010, 12:23:25 AM »
Yep you're right Loco, thats sorta what I was trying to point out, whether you call it citizens arrest or anything else, it's there for all of us, but we never get the knowledge spelt out to us.  "Detain and Search" are 2 very different words, some apply to 458 some don't.  "reasonable suspicion" or "reasonable grounds" are VERY ambiguous IMO, (ok if they find proof they were right) I hear what ya saying!
Yib - I'd like to think we all are here.... but under the new law, even law abiding individuals can easily come unstuck. I believe that we all have very much to worry about under the new criteria. 'Reasonable suspicion' can be created by an anonymous complaint made by any individual. The AVO laws are just one example - where neighbourhood disputes are concerned. Someone rings and makes a complaint that you were seen with a gun in your house..... and look out.
Fully with ya! will the JACKS charge em with making a false report??

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2010, 08:56:33 AM »
Fully with ya! will the JACKS charge em with making a false report??

Generally NOT. The content of the report includes the word "gun". That's enough to bring an immediate response. They'd probably check their 'persons of interest database', which includes all registered firearm owners - only to discover that he doesn't own a gun. Having arrived at Yib's home and interviewed him only to find that he was holding a plastic AK47 that he was using for a video game, they'd probably make contact with the complaining party to put their mind at rest. Yib is the person who is left shaken by the event.

*cupie*

« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2010, 09:35:24 AM »
Irrespective of the law generally, I think that our Boys in Blue are so chronically under resourced in just about every area of this State, they physically CAN'T impose this kind of strong arming unless they've got time or specific reasoning...i.e. known crims etc.....lol....even so, without solid evidence to build a case against that person, they're not likely to pursue it at the expense of available man hours......

e.g. It takes 40 mins for police to respond to anything that happens in my region...that's how under maned, under resourced and lacking in proximity they are in terms of responding to real crime around our entire LGA.

It gets to the point where they have to pick and choose what they can and can't pursue based on man hours....and policing isn't like it used to be.....The police themselves are now under constant scrutiny and are required to be 'courteous' while arresting criminals...lol...if they screw up, the pressure is on them....

I think these new laws are designed more for specific search and seizure events where they know ahead of time who they want to focus on (i.e. it removes the need for police to pursue a search warrant)....but I know certain members here know the ins and outs of it all much better than I *winks*.......

I know what you're saying though Loco, you know the old saying Absolute power corrupts absolutely....just the fact that they can enter your home or search you on the street, is getting a bit OTT....

golden

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2010, 09:41:54 AM »
Morning Cupie and Loco, just dropped in to let you know I'm off to fire the chainsaw up!!  Always organised by Easter... thats the motto!!...

*cupie*

« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2010, 09:45:07 AM »
Gonna have to get me one of them thar chain saws.....seems like a great way to relieve stress......The Fire Wood Chain Saw Massacre.....lol

*cupie*

« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2010, 09:46:56 AM »
Where's me manners....Good Moaning Golden.....!!!!  Good Moaning Loco...

golden

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2010, 09:53:51 AM »
26 stitches across the knee last year.. so if you don't hear from me for awhile..... try A and E....lol...  and that silly DSE mob think you need to complete a course in operating the thing... pffft...

I did get a new stubby holder from STIHL when I bought the thing, ya'd reckon they would have left instructions NOT to use both at once!

*cupie*

« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2010, 09:55:23 AM »
I did get a new stubby holder from STIHL when I bought the thing, ya'd reckon they would have left instructions NOT to use both at once!

:lmao:

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2010, 09:57:03 AM »
Bluddy Hell! You're absolutely right Cupie!

Good morning everybody! (I'd forgotten it was morning already!)

And.... about chainsaws.... We bought a 52CC / 22" blade model off Ebay. Cost us $125 and about $50 postage. I've tried soooo hard to wear it out up the country.... all my efforts, fruitless. Wonderful machine at such a low cost. (FIL found the 62CC model..... same outcome.) They are a Stihl like unit.

GAWD Golden! Not a good result! (the one above was fitted with an anti-bounce chain)

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT

*cupie*

« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2010, 10:06:55 AM »
Crikey that's cheap enough...I'd be wanting a known brand that has been approved for safety though....Injury is painful and inconvenient...best to be avoided....Listening Golden?....lol...put down the stubby and place both hands on the chainsaw...

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2010, 10:47:26 AM »
A known brand that's also made in China?  ;D So close to a rebadged product that it's ridiculous.

Safety and chainsaws...... sort of akin to a 'friendly', housetrained tiger snake!

*cupie*

« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2010, 10:52:51 AM »
LOL....who knows it could have been made in Korea....or Taiwan....lol

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2010, 11:00:40 AM »
Duzzzzen Maddder - as long as it fills the fireplace. From Golden's experience.... might also be an excellent carving tool for the lamb on the spit. I'll think about that.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2010, 11:06:59 AM »
My suspicion is that some people will be huddling under doonas and blankets during winter, instead of turning on the heating which they will increasingly be unable to afford.

They will be moving around less as they sit there shivering.

I have little doubt some of these live in very poorly designed housing; the ones that can least afford the heating are going to need it most. Of course, the government could pay to have everyone's house "refurbished" to be better suited to the climate, with fewer "warm air escaping" chinks, but that's about as likely as anyone reading this turning spontaneously into a Brussels sprout.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2010, 11:17:35 AM »
Good morning Countess,

I agree with your suspicion. These increases aren't going to be limited to heating / cooling at home. They'll also affect the price at the grocery store checkout... the petrol pump... probably right through to the cost of private health insurance. These things represent an excellent opportunity for unscrupulous companies or individuals to capitalise at the expense of those who have difficulty managing financially. But - they wouldn't do that.... would they?