Author Topic: SELLERS WATCH OUT !! Paypal refunds.....  (Read 4290 times)

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
SELLERS WATCH OUT !! Paypal refunds.....
« on: March 12, 2010, 02:05:29 PM »
Have heard that Paypal have changed one of their screens ...

I'm told there were two places where you could issue a refund on a Paypal payment from the payment detail screen....

One near the top, is still there and simply says "Issue a refund"

The one near the bottom with the same link has been changed. It now reads:

Refund:
      To refund this payment in part or in full, for any reason, please use the Send Money
tab. The Refund Payment option is available for 60 days after a payment was sent.

The difference...?

"Issue a refund" returns the payment and fees in full.

"Send Money" is a separate transaction, and if you don't do it as a 'personal' transaction, comes with it's own additional fees - including fees the buyer pays to receive.  Even if it is done as a personal transaction, Paypal still keeps the fees paid by the seller for the original payment.

This has an obvious intent to increase revenue by sellers refunding by the 'Send Money' option..... BUT how many buyers are going to scream when they don't get every cent back in their pocket?!!!

So ... make sure you find and use the Issue a Refund link!

HellWest'nCrooked

• Knight of the RT
Re: SELLERS WATCH OUT !! Paypal refunds.....
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 03:55:19 PM »

Very useful information there Sir Brumbles....thank you..not that I sell but hopefully they will read this.
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 08:16:07 AM »
PayPloy's trechery is endless.
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:54:56 PM »
from bnwt's thread:
PayPal Glitch Costing eBay Sellers Money
http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y10/m03/i16/s01

there is a link to the eBay.com boards and the following post:

Re: refund link gone in paypal
Mar 15, 2010 7:27 PM

Sellers that may have followed the instructions on the bottom of the transaction page and used the Send Money Tab to issue any refund are well advised to contact PayPal.

I spoke with them earlier today as I has a transaction which required a partial refund and I was surprised to see the new message at the bottom of the page.

As the refund was time sensitive, I went ahead and issued the refund through the send money tab as instructed.

When I called and spoke to PayPal, I was told this was a problem in the system, and was told by the agent this did not reflect a change in policy at PayPal. ( At least for now)

The agent indicated I was the first to contact them with regard to the glitch, however, sellers are posting they have been seeing the change since sometime Sunday.

The agent spoke to a supervisor, and I was assured that I would receive a credit for the appropriate fees. Sure enough, about an hour later, PayPal did credit my account for the related fees.

While PayPal is aware of the problem, sellers should not expect PayPal will issue proper fee credits unless sellers effected contact PayPal and make the request.

Be sure to contact PayPal if you used the send money tab to issue any refund

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 11:51:14 PM »
foolish , foolish  foolish people .....