Author Topic: Latest eBay promotions  (Read 13322 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Latest eBay promotions
« on: April 27, 2009, 03:31:17 PM »
Date: 27/4/09

From 27 April - 1 May, receive discounted insertion fees for Buy It Now listings in selected Media categories. So, rock-on with your Media listings and save!

What's more, we're updating the eBay music pages to bring in more buyers. This means you'll also see digital downloads available for sale on eBay.com.au.

Find Out More.

Terms & conditions

When?

* Starting 00:00:01 Monday 27 April 2009 (AEST) and ending 23:59:59 Friday 1 May 2009 (AEST) ('Promotional Period')

Who is eligible for this promotion?

* "Qualifying Sellers" for the purpose of this promotion are sellers who are validly registered members of any eBay site with an Australian registered address. Persons whose eBay accounts have been temporarily or indefinitely suspended or made inactive by the Promoter during the Promotion, are not eligible for this Promotion.

What listings are eligible for this promotion?

* Subject to exclusions below, this promotion applies to all fixed price listings in the following meta categories only: Books, Movies, Music, Video Games, by Qualifying Sellers, during the Promotional Period ("Qualifying Listings").
    * Qualifying Listings must be made on eBay.com.au.
    * Qualifying Sellers will be eligible for a reduced insertion fee on each Qualifying Listing, as follows:
          o 10c for sellers who are subscribed to an Anchored Store on eBay.com.au at the time of listing
          o 20c for sellers who are subscribed to a Featured Store on eBay.com.au at the time of listing
          o 30c for sellers who are subscribed to a Basic Store on eBay.com.au at the time of listing
          o 35c for sellers who do not subscribe to a Store on eBay.com.au at the time of listing. However this excluded listings starting at .99c or less, which will incur a 30c insertion fee as normal
    * Qualifying Listings created before the Promotional Period and scheduled to begin during the Promotional Period are included.
    * Listings in two or more categories are included. The discount is only applicable to the listings which are listed in eligible categories.

What is excluded?

* All categories other than Books, Movies, Music and Video Games are excluded.
    * Multiple-item listings are excluded.
    * Dutch auctions are excluded.
    * Store Inventory format, Auction format and Classified Ad listings are excluded.
    * Listings created during the Promotional Period but scheduled to start after the Promotional Period are excluded.
    * Listings that contravene eBay's or PayPal's policies are excluded
    * All other eBay fees including listing upgrades, final value fees, format fees, subscription fees, as well as all PayPal fees apply as normal.
    * Insertion fees will revert to original price once the Promotional Period has ended.
    * Read more information on eBay's fees.

Miscellaneous

* Sellers may not concurrently have more than 20 listings for identical items, whether during a promotion or at any other time. More information is available in eBay's Multiple Item listing policy
    * eBay reserves the right to verify eligibility of sellers and listings to receive the discount ("the Incentive"). eBay's decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into, including in the event of a dispute.
    * Persons who violate the terms of this promotion on eBay.com.au may not be eligible for future promotions on eBay.com.au.
    * No responsibility is accepted for failure to provide the Incentive.
    * eBay is not responsible for any technical malfunctions or problem on internet congestion, including injury or damage to a person's computer related to participation in the promotion.
    * eBay is not liable for any injury, loss or damage of any nature whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) which is suffered or sustained as a result of or in connection with receiving, taking or using the Incentive, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting the Incentive is the responsibility of the seller.
    * eBay is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, telephone or computer network, or lines, servers, or telephone or internet providers, traffic congestion on any phone or computer network, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's handset or computer related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this promotion.
    * If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, eBay reserves the right in its discretion to modify the terms of the promotion including the Incentive and these Terms and Conditions.
    * This promotion is offered by eBay International A.G.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Did647

Re: Latest eBay promotions
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 03:55:35 PM »
This may actually work for me . I can get some more books up !! :D Just had another look, it won't,  they have to be fixed price. :(

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 04:12:01 PM »
Would it be worth listing some of the books I no longer want? I'm not a seller... but... hmm. Too many books which I've read only once and don't want to read again - getting rid of them will mean... more space for other books!
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Primaryaim

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 05:41:56 PM »
I have not sold for a while and cannot remember normal the basic insertion fee, is it 59c? And is gallery fee extra?

If so, that is not much of a discount for a non store seller. Am I missing something?

col52

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 10:31:15 PM »
This one's no good for me.

I was just wondering, would Numb and any UK members be interested in posting respective USA & UK promotions here?

Primaryaim

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 10:48:00 PM »
I guess if shc was here she might be interested :)

col52

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 11:06:46 PM »
She would prim, but so am I as I usually miss them!

Bellagina

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 11:24:25 PM »
When I got the email, I thought "Great! Time to list some more of Son in Laws Cds, tapes, books etc!"

But then.... they have to be fixed price?
And I don't have a store of any kind       *sigh*

Hmmmm..... think this one is probably very good for those who have a store open - or are they trying to entice more sellers into opening stores?

Primaryaim

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 06:56:54 AM »
They are just trying to entice more 'little guys' to become store owners and to use the more expensive of store categories at that. eBay always do things by stealth.

Why couldn't they just announce lower store fees and be happy with the extra fees on sales. Selling in an open environment free of restrictions and bad policy would lead to a happy association with eBay thus encouraging more people to open stores. No, they have to manipulate by only giving the best deals if you have (meaning will need to start) a store. The little guy is once again left out in the rain. Why don't they realise little guys grow into big guys. Instead little guys are having a look or a quick try, and leaving. Wake up eBay, we are no longer the eager customers, hat in hand, panting at your door. We are the customer, give us respect.

Rant over :)

debra9275

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 09:21:03 AM »
Has anyone else received the latest news from esayers? Telling us that 80% of us asked for various things that I don't even remember the surveys having related to at all. lol

col52

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 12:06:02 PM »
Has anyone else received the latest news from esayers? Telling us that 80% of us asked for various things that I don't even remember the surveys having related to at all. lol

Yes, I got it - load of tosh!

Bellagina

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 09:12:43 PM »
Yep,I got it too.  I was wondering who picked the 80% agreement things, because I couldn't really see how the sellers I know, would have even considered them.

Maybe they manipulate these things as well .....  No, not eBay, they'd not do that surely!