Author Topic: Where is OZTION heading...?  (Read 4135 times)

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Where is OZTION heading...?
« on: February 03, 2010, 05:38:00 PM »
About a year or so ago, I envisaged OZtion as becoming competitive with eBay in Australia in about two years from then.

I daresay I based this on the promise of promotional activity and the ongoing 'free listing' format.  But with the promised advertising being underwhelming and the recent fee changes, I have all but lost faith in my prediction.

Those sellers who put up a range of items to 'test the waters' could do so quite freely as the potential of (say) a 1% sell-through rate was not a financial risk - just a time management one ... and one that could be reconciled to supporting a new site with a wider range of merchandise on offer, in order to attract buyers.

Now that the free listing format has vanished for the bigger sellers who use OZtion's Elite Lister software to handle volume listings, the financial cost is now non-zero.  While it may not be much on a per item basis, a low sell-through rate magnifies this cost when considered in the scheme of a sellers larger inventory.  Listings need to be selective and sellers are needing to guess what is likely to sell in a market that is still developing.

* Is the introduction of fees premature?
* Does OZtion need higher impact advertising?
* Is this heralding a New Age or an Ice Age?
* Is OZtion targeting growth as a competitor to eBay, an alternate model or some other ulterior motive?
* What has OZtion said they're doing?
* What does OZtion need to do?

..... Where is OZTION heading...?

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Where is OZTION heading...?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 06:05:43 PM »
Most people in Australia don't know about Oztion.

That's bad. It's particularly bad in light of eBay being so very well known.

Marketing is pivotal, and in my opinion Oztion have not paid their dues as far as marketing/advertising is concerned. Fewer people aware of Oztion means fewer buyers than required to drive the site to growth, which means the sellers on Oztion are going to lose out, which means fewer sellers, which means... death by desertion.

Oztion have got to get their act together and make themselves known, in my view.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

golden

• Knight of the RT
Re: Where is OZTION heading...?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 06:32:16 PM »
Hi ya Brum6y, I can't add much to your question... except I HAVE to go to OZtion because some of my favourite sellers no longer sell on ebay... all because they got some irrate mentality about being forced to use paypal..  I never did use paypal with them anyway, I always use direct deposit because thats what they wanted..  They have there own reasons for "all of that angst" I'm not a seller so I'm refusing to enter the debate apart from putting my "buyers" view forth.

I have NEVER met a person who has heard of OZTION.  That's a big concern!  Sellers seem to be getting very little for their items on oztion.  oztion is difficult to use and over the top with emails for everything, bid, sell, watching, sent, recieved, invoice, etc..etc.. I don't believe oztion is user friendly.. IMO..