Author Topic: Paypal's "Mission Impossible" - A Duty of Care  (Read 78459 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Paypal's "Mission Impossible" - A Duty of Care
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2012, 07:11:42 PM »
Ich werde an das Kriegsministerium berufen, wenn ich es will! Ja, lasst uns über den Krieg reden!

Achtung! Achtung!
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2012, 07:18:53 PM »
Ja vol Herr kommandant

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2013, 10:40:23 PM »
CALLING TO ACCOUNT - THE LEGAL PURSUIT SHIFTS INTO TOP GEAR!

It has been some time since the last update, but that has not been because the matter has been abandoned and thrown into the 'too hard' basket.

Quite the contrary.

The legal path can be a challenging one - especially when international borders are involved - yet it is not an impossible one to traverse.  Our determined Seller stated that they would be prepared to travel to Germany, if necessary, to pursue the matter.  While some may question the value in doing so, in the current state of international law enforcement on such matters, it would not seem unreasonable.

Well, true to their word, our intrepid Seller recently made that journey.

There, a police report was filed for the theft of the computer.

From the seller's email:

the police advised me not to make contact with him as it could be deemed harassment and harm any case they bring against him.

based on the evidence they were preparing an arrest warrant and will arrest him and charge him with theft, use of a carriage of service to defraud and providing a false statement in respect to the police report.

One word there is key: 'evidence'.  This will be the details, records, etc., etc. that were thoroughly and painstakingly kept from the outset.  Those pieces of paper and other records to which many people do not pay much heed and let disappear or fall into disarray.  It is at times like these that the nitpicking pain-in-the-neck process of record keeping pays off big time.

For all who care to pursue any similar course of action, the lesson is clear.  Keep track of anything and everything you possibly can.  Such a regimen has clearly paid off in this case.

Are you interested in what comes next....?

I certainly am.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2013, 10:44:56 PM »
This has been a long time coming... but it seems that at last the seller's tenacity will pay off.

I do not like cheating thieves ripping off honest individuals. It's one thing if someone steals out of desperation (e.g., stealing food when starving)... It's another to do it cold-bloodedly, without remorse, with glee even... just for the heck of it.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"