Author Topic: Stupidest Buyer of the Year Award  (Read 11148 times)

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
Stupidest Buyer of the Year Award
« on: December 31, 2009, 10:34:49 AM »
I'd like to nominate a recent buyer who wants me to send a replacement wallet

why ?

because when she retrieved her parcel from the letterbox she discovered there was an ants nest inside the package

not only that she went onto explain how she squeezed the wallet to crush the ants inside it and then sprayed it with fly spray

she was rather annoyed and my poor customer service when I refused her a new wallet .......... after all she keeps insisting that the ants nest was in the padded bag before it arrived in her letterbox

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Stupidest Buyer of the Year Award
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 10:54:50 AM »
Do the right thing bnwt and and her a Kilo of Brussel sprouts to smooth things over...sprouts fix everything...LOLOLOL

gr8-expectations

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 11:38:19 AM »
i ALWAYS charge extra for ants, cockroaches and (on the odd occasion) mice, its a random thing though an not for all customers, explain to her she got them for free and normally .... they cost, i'm sure she will understand bnwt

cueperkins

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 12:01:26 PM »
bnwt...it could only have gotten the ants when it finally stopped moving..lol....unless it was infested at the PO, which isn't very likely.....so, one might assume that the ants were in her letterbox?.

what a strange story?.....I doubt that an ant would be inside a padded bag or bother going there anyway unless there was something sweet inside the package.....Does leather attract ants?...don't think so.

Is this just a big bullshit story do you think? possibly...how many ants could infest a padded and why would they anyway?  Nah...I think she's spinning one....and at the very least you should tell her to go check her Post box to see if there is evidence of ants nearby....they usually blaze a trail to wherever they're coming from.

but I've never known ants to infest something that didn't have something sweet inside it....if it were a box of chocolates...maybe, but a wallet?

shyer

• Knight of the RT
  • from UBB & yib thank you
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 12:19:10 PM »
 A couple of months ago I had a older brother win a trade in computer at eBay auction some $400 for his 16 year old sister, father wanted pickup as they were only 50 kms away. Father then decided pickup meant delivery. Finally 2 weeks later met father at local PO he was late and no apology, took 30 mins to inspect unit ( tried to bargain down).  I found out took 2 weeks as did not have money till centerlink payment.

I had wiped and set up unit with XP as per auction, and brother agreed with me, as older machine would be slow on vista. Got home at 9pm after doing other things with 10 phone messages each getting ruder. To cut a long story short the girl got the unit to connect to family wireless router, but not LAN network with the other 5 computers in the household. She had then wiped Xp and installed vista from manufacturer original disks. Now she could get to LAN network but no wireless.

They wanted me to drive 50kms that night and put XP back on as vista was too slow and get it to network and connect with all her other toys. The family went into melt down mode when I said I do not set up networks as out of my area of expertise. I did recommend someone local closer to them who does setup networks. Charges $80 an hour business hours, workshop / unit / workshop. I also informed them formating and reinstalling Xp is slow it is a $90 charge in mine and his workshops as you do other things while it chugs away. Going to her, for me some $70 travelling time and another $200 while it chugs away in business hours add 50% for 10pm till after midnight . They then got ruder and I informed them I sold them tested and working hardware, not software lessons after hours. They got hysterical I said goodnight and hung up, dad obviously 10 drinks/drugs past sober.

The family and friends hounded me for months on phone and eBay. Till I got some of them banned for spamming and nuisance calls, by eBay and telstra they then disappeared. Typical welfare bludgers the lot of them expecting everything for free.

shyer

• Knight of the RT
  • from UBB & yib thank you
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 12:23:55 PM »
PS I often get ant infestations with their eggs in flood events in mail box. Only dry spot for 100s of meters. Customer in recent northern east coast downpour?

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 12:34:17 PM »
yes

the customers do live in northern nsw and in the country (looked them up on Google Earth)

and yes it was not just a few ants but a whole nest including eggs - which also got squashed in the wallet

as I asked her why didn't you just brush the ants off ???

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 04:02:27 PM »
I had ants take up residence in a flatbed scanner.

Got rid of them very easily without squashing a single one....

Just stuck it out in the sun - they quickly moved out, taking all their eggs with them.

Pity I forgot about the scanner.... the sun was a little TOO warm and warped the case.

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 04:04:57 PM »
Such buyers are guilty of eating Brussell Sprouts, and then not farting....

Holding in of such farts infects the spinal column. the Infection then travels up the spine to inhabit the brain....

Thus these buyers talk shite...

:wine:
If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you done ??

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 05:40:55 PM »
I would have been tempted to send the buyer a pic of the Holeproof AntzPantz girl....and tell them suck it up and put their  :biggirlpants: on.

:rofl:

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 08:42:20 AM »
eBay Mobile App Numbers Not Impressive

eBay is good at throwing out data with large numbers but when you break it down it doesn't paint a very rosy picture.

http://letters.auctionbytes.com/cgi-bin/blog/blog.pl?/comments/2009/12/1262228553.html

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 11:42:01 AM »
Getting back to what to do when you get the buyer from hell...

I know that you feel like banging your head against a wall.... But not too hard...

:wine:
If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you done ??

ernest_price

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 03:15:05 PM »
Not necessarily the stupidest, but I got the nicest but most naivestestest buyer.

Item purchased 11:03pm Christmas Eve. Got phone call 11:10pm. Call was to work out what time I was *delivering* the item to him that night.

As far fetched as it seems, he was just a really really nice guy, recently moved to Australia and seriously had no clue at all. He had no car and couldn't do pickup anyway. It was a heavy item so public transport no go.

I ended up dropping the item off to him on Christmas morning on the way to our lunch engagement. Wasn't out of our way and when he spoke to his brother early Christmas morning about how eBay worked [after I explained it to him fairly gently the night before] he made me take another $10 for my trouble.

He thought eBay was all traders with shops and delivery. That's how it was marketed to him. Naive, but makes sense in some ways.

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 11:42:56 AM »
I would like to nominate my ant nest nut case for another special award

The Biggest Deceased Fecal Matter Award

this morning I discover she had given me neutral feedback because she is disappointed with my customer service

I am about to email her to say if the remark is not removed within 24 hours I will make a Claim for Defamation against her

those of you that know me will recall I had to do this once before ........ it's the only way eBay will remove false feedback

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 11:53:01 AM »
Neg back!

"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

ernest_price

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 10:15:25 PM »
Did the Neut get removed?

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 09:18:45 AM »
as you would expect from eBay

I am still waiting for a reply

if i have not heard from them in another week and i'll take it further

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 11:09:59 AM »
.... i'll take it further

Was there any doubt eBay wouldn't, so you'd have to?

It's easy to ignore voices in the crowd - and eBay are masters of it.

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 11:40:11 AM »
while they took their time - almost a month - eBay have removed the feedback left by 'Ant Woman'

I am so tempted to email her to point out that even eBay agreed that her claims were utter idiotic

cueperkins

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 12:11:19 PM »
Good for you bnwt.....I don't generally leave negative feedback unless someone is absolutely OTT....i.e. I had a seller a while back who was using his brother's account, being really arrogant in emails, and demanding double the postage cost listed.....I left him neg feedback because he issued an NPB strike which I then had to have removed.....so in that case, he absolutely deserved it....and even then, it was factual, not nasty...mostly though if a seller is being difficult and they want to cancel the sale instead, I'm usually happy to leave it at that.

low-enghooi

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 12:50:50 PM »
I once bought from a seller who wrote me this after I made the payment following his invoice:

"Your unauthorised amendment of my invoice is unacceptable. As you have not paid in full I have marked this item as UNPAID. Paypal rules require me to be able to prove shipping."

Very rude seller.

cueperkins

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 01:24:20 PM »
I've just had one seller email me and say that she was unable to minus the second shipping charge from a combined purchase, so I should pay double the postage and he/she will throw a fiver in the parcel?...like don't think so....lol...I emailed back saying that it doesn't matter when the buyer uses b/deposit...only when they use paypal, and then advised her that if her invoices keep showing double post, then she'll be charged by paypal for that post amount in the final figure.....meanwhile, why would I pay an extra 5.00 and then have you throw the change back in the parcel?...huh?....lol.  

Her listing also stated rare coral necklace ...well...as rare as a chinese listing away and more likely to be red jade than coral.......so that too has been pointed out..i.e. you don't call something rare when it's mass produced OS.....lmao...try anything?...

It's not just buyers, some sellers are doozies ......

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 02:41:26 PM »
she was correct in saying that the invoice could not be adjusted to show minus

that is to say if you want to give a discount for what ever reason you used to be able to adjust it on the invoice by typing in a -$0.00 figure

but as with all things eBay it's not working properly - and has not for the past few months

so when you type in -$10.00 it adds $10 to the final invoiced amount

you'd think and international company with a multi billion dollar annual profit could fix a problem like that in a hour or two

low-enghooi

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 02:54:04 PM »
Strange. Is this recent changes?

See attachment. Seller discount for coins I bought in December last year.

[attachment deleted by admin]

cueperkins

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 02:58:20 PM »
that's what I mean though bnwt....it's not the sellers fault, it's just another aspect of selling that is taken out of their control....and just imagine how much more, Paypal is making in fees for all those unsuspecting sellers whose buyers use paypal on invoices that have double the postage?...Even if the seller reduces the postage to a reasonable quote, behind the scenes, the seller is still stuck with the paypal fee.....for overall cost and postage....(don't think I'm explaining this right...lol- not enough sleep)

for instance, if I'd used paypal, and she'd sent me the right postage price of 7.70 registered, then paypal would charge at that amount, but given that she now can't change the invoice, paypal would have charged her on the double postage of 12.70....they must make a motza with that little ploy....wonder how many sellers actually realise it?

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 04:48:59 PM »
Illustrations are good!
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

ernest_price

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2010, 09:00:55 AM »
You can only discount up to the value of the shipping. I was doing free shipping and wanted to give a 10% discount but couldn't as I could only discount by my shipping - which was $0.00 - which doesn't seem like much of a max discount  :-) [never again - my postage cost DSR's plumetted in that free shipping debacle - go figure]

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2010, 10:11:34 AM »
0% discount...! You have to shake your head over that restriction, don't you?
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2010, 12:16:50 PM »
you could offer buy two get none free

low-enghooi

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2010, 12:29:09 PM »
I was doing free shipping and wanted to give a 10% discount

Wait a minute. Are you saying you offer an item for auction, and you want to give 10% discount over the closing price? Not fair if this is what you meant.

But if this is really what you want to do, I think you can work around this by cancel the transaction, and make a second chance offer to the buyer at whatever discount you wish.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2010, 02:08:56 PM »
Low, from what I understand of second-chance offers, you do not get a choice of the amount and the winning bidder will not even appear as an eligible buyer.

Also, I expect eBay would probably have a policy that would cover this, as it would be reducing FVF's - and eBay aren't renowned for endorsing this.

low-enghooi

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2010, 02:28:10 PM »
Thanks Brumby.

The reason I think giving a discount over the closing price is unfair, because this will attract more shill bidding. If a seller can give 10% discount, then he/she also can give 100% discount if item is won by his/her friend.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2010, 04:31:54 PM »
Yes, that sort of abuse of discounting had crossed my mind also.

ernest_price

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2010, 06:38:23 PM »
I've used it where I have multiple reasonably high value items where it's Pay on Local Pickup- buy 2 get 5% off, buy 3 get 10% off. Works a treat on sale. Starts to get messy if it's anything other than cash sale.

One person paid by PayPal via credit card for 3 items [each $200] on local pickup so I ended up giving HER the discount value in cash when she picked up the items.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2010, 08:15:51 PM »
Neither Paypal nor eBay would mind that - they would still get their full fees.