Author Topic: How do they justify this?!!!  (Read 4099 times)

Bazza

How do they justify this?!!!
« on: November 24, 2009, 04:17:28 PM »
I've struck something ridiculous while trying to list an item. I don't sell often but my son wants to get rid of some new car parts he can't use now. I said I'd put them on ebay for him. One item which he could realistically get up to about $500 for needs to go into the car accessories category. It's a huge category, so I thought I'd look at the featured listing option.

Because these are car parts, the featured listing fee is $29.95. I can understand how they could charge extra if it was a vehicle I was selling because of the obvious higher price But this is something worth at the most $500 !!!

If I was advertising a chest of drawers worth $500, I'd only be paying $19.95 for the featured listing !!! Just because it's a car part, they think they can get a bigger bite of your money ??? How can they justify that?

How stupid!

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: How do they justify this?!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 04:25:09 PM »
Bazz , I think its something to do with the other rate .... maybe flat rate no final value fee or something ???? not sure

you would think that since we are both ebay employees that we should know

its all in double dutch explained here

http://help.ebay.com.au/Help/Selling/Fees#final

Bazza

Re: How do they justify this?!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 05:29:06 PM »
Hi Smee. No I looked into that, thinking it might be inclusive. It's not. You still have to pay insertion and final value fee + the featured price.

How p'd off would you be if you wanted to sell something regularly for $100. And why should it be more than for another category???