Author Topic: Twice in 1 week I cant #$%#$#@ believe it !!!!  (Read 13406 times)

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Twice in 1 week I cant #$%#$#@ believe it !!!!
« on: July 21, 2009, 10:18:45 PM »
Here we go again ....................
Today I sold via auction on eBay 4 disc dvd set Underbelly uncut A tale of 2 cities 
eBay send me stock standard email .... your item underbelly sold blah blah blah
fantastic 5 minutes later or so Paypal sent through confirmation of instant payment
Smee goes to post office and posts DVD set
Smee gets home another email has arrived from eBay saying that item listing had been cancelled due to govt recall
bit late item sent ......... no not too late eBay instruct Paypal to refund buyer ............
Smee misses out again .... Thay pulled listing after auction finished and paid for can you believe that !!!!!!! mind you if you have a look on ebay there is still 17 copies up for Auction ?????? must have been only my copy that got a recall ?????
 Dear smeeagain61,
Congratulations! Your item just sold.
email number 1 ... take note of dates and times please people

UNDERBELLY A TALE OF TWO CITIES UNCUT R4 4 DISC SEALED
Sale price: AU $41.00
Quantity sold: 1
Sale date: 21-Jul-09 18:45:08 AEST

e21 Jul 2009 18:48:02 AEST
Transaction ID: 6V57681414020971U
email 2
Hello Smee,

You received a payment of $46.60 AUD from [name withheld] (email address of Mr name withheld)
Thanks for using PayPal. You can now send any items. To view the transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.

Email 3
Tuesday, July 21, 2009 4:58 PM
Hello smeeagain61,

**PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT EMAIL REGARDING YOUR LISTING(S)**

We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following auction-style listing(s):

280373662886 - UNDERBELLY A TALE OF TWO CITIES UNCUT R4 4 DISC SEALED

However, your (s) violates eBay's Recalled Items policy and has been removed. In accordance with our User Agreement, items prohibited by law or by eBay policy are not allowed on eBay.

Underbelly dvd's and other media are being removed from eBay.com.au in cooperation with government offices.

As a result, please do not relist this item on eBay in the future.

Apparentley they have been recalled due to Judy Morans arrest

stemschicky

Re: Twice in 1 week I cant #$%#$#@ believe it !!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 10:22:15 PM »
Well that sucks the big one!!! Do you have the Tudors series 2 for sale?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 10:26:37 PM »
Well that sucks the big one!!! Do you have the Tudors series 2 for sale?
I can probably get it Sticky it was or is being released this month

stemschicky

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 10:28:51 PM »
I know, I cant wait to see it, it's the season Anne Boleyn gets beheaded. Ive started watching series 3 on foxtel, totally missed all of season 2 tho, spewin

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 10:29:14 PM »
Unless Henry is arrested for murdering his wife...

Smee, that's horrible!

I can't agree that eBay have the right to refund the buyer from YOUR funds for a purchased item. Clearly they have the power to do so, but on what legal basis do they take your money?
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

bobbybigbear

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 10:31:12 PM »
As a rule of thumb, there are items that you should never post immediately.

Anything controversial, especially DVD's, Software, and items that ebay is ambiguous about in it's " Banned from sale" list, should be kept for a few days.

It is great for feedback to have, " super fast shipping ", but if you lose money, it's no good.
You now have to rely on the honesty of the buyer, and that can be doubtful in todays market, especially since ebay changed policy to forget about sellers.

Always put it in your TOS you will post within 3 days unless otherwise requested. If they request otherwise, insist on bank transfer, and cut out PP altogether.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 10:35:28 PM »
2 hours on line to live help

their answer....... cant I go and get it back from the post office !!!!!
The post office was just shutting I was lucky to catch the truck !!!!!!

their next helpful answer ..... I shouldnt have been so efficient and posted same day !!!!!

End result...... nothing they can do

stemschicky

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 10:40:09 PM »
Maybe the buyer will contact you when they discover their funds have been returned? you never know!

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 10:46:28 PM »
Maybe the buyer will contact you when they discover their funds have been returned? you never know!
The buyer has contacted me Sticky because eBay sent her an email saying the transaction couldnt go ahead
at this point I havent told her I have posted already , My first point of attack was to see if eBay would do the right thing and get Paypal to honour the payment .... No luck there so tried to ring buyer but her phone is now off
I may strike it lucky she may be honest and send direct deposit or something , but the fact remains that eBay cancelled a listing after it was already done and dusted !!!! and now it makes it difficult for me

stemschicky

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 10:49:56 PM »
So does e-bay come to the party and refund listing and fv fees? Have they mentioned that or are they still gonna slog you coz the sale went through? Maybe if you give paypal the ebay invoice they will honour the sale as going through? I dont know I dont sell, just trying to make sense of this

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 10:55:32 PM »
I have no idea sticky , they certainly cant   shouldnt charge fvf but I cant see them reimbursing the listing fee but either way that s a couple of bucks out of near on 50

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 10:59:20 PM »
Stemschicky, like you I am left trying to understand the full rationale behind this... The seller really does seem to be at risk.

Smee, go ahead and use that vent emoticon. You need it. :vent:
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 08:25:12 AM »
UNBELIEVABLE - check out this latest email ..... they have admitted they were wrong ..... but not rinstated transaction reinstated item so it can be relisted , so I have to start again  ... what if I were able to do this if I hadnt already posted item and say it only sold ror $20 this time ????? anyway too late its already gone so now I have to rely on the buyers honesty and hope she pays again ....... by direct deposit I hope. eBays incompetancy at its best.......

Hello smeeagain61 We have restored the following listing:

280373662886 - UNDERBELLY A TALE OF TWO CITIES UNCUT R4 4 DISC SEALED

It now appears as an ended item.

To relist your item, click the "Relist" link in the listing. The listing will restart automatically.

If there were any bidders for your item, we emailed them to let them know the listing for Item number 280373662886 - UNDERBELLY A TALE OF TWO CITIES UNCUT R4 4 DISC SEALED
was removed in error. We've also explained how they can find your item again if you relist it.

We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Support

FFS!

ernest_price

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 08:32:08 AM »
I reckon eBay is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 06:51:09 PM »
I reckon eBay is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Yes Ernest I dont often have any coplaints either its just been the last few days really and the problem is that if and when you do have problems there is no one who seems to be able to get their heads around the problem and resolve it satisfactorily .
Maybe I should change my id to 2barkingbeagles ... he never had any drama's !!!!

The sliced bread has gone stale and mouldy

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 10:12:20 AM »
Hey guess what ? After taking this matter futher , I received a phone call from eBay again apologising for the error and stating that they thought they had rectified.
When I explaianed that their idea of rectifying had still left me out of pocket to the tune of nearly $50 , they asked me how they could assist me any futher . I suggested that perhaps they may consider an ex gracia credit to my account or perhaps offer me some sort of  fee discount or some free listings to compensate.
Guess what they offered , No go on guess ................
well here it is ........... free .99c listings for a week !!!!!!
When I explained that they already have that promotion open until the 31st July anyway so in fact were offering me nothing ..... Silence ... deadly silence from their end of the phone for a few minutes ... I also then explained that a free .99c listing saves only .30c anyway so to get my $50 in savings I would have to list approx 150 items , at the moment I sell dvds so to list a 150 of them I would have to outlay $1500 based on being able to get dvds at $10 each wholesale ... a large investment in the hope to recover $50 which I had lost due to their incompetance ................
Their final standard response .... Is  there anything else we can help you with today ?????

I rest my case your honours !!!!

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 12:38:56 PM »
Smee, that's hilarious in a nauseating way...! I think the only way one survives some companies' ideas of helping their customers and redressing wrongs is to have a very rich sense of humour and a bucket on stand-by.