Author Topic: eSayers Buyers Report  (Read 5895 times)

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
eSayers Buyers Report
« on: October 07, 2010, 10:21:49 AM »
A few months back, eSayers sent a survey to buyers in order to give our valued sellers an opportunity to learn about buyers' preferences and expectations when shopping on eBay. We did this to thank you for participating in eSayers and we hope that these insider tips will help you excel on eBay.

The results of the survey are now available and we have prepared an exclusive report for eSayers sellers eyes' only. We discovered that buyers are calling for increased professionalism from sellers. This can be acheived by:

Using informative listings
Providing great customer service
Charging reasonable postage costs

https://www.esayers.com.au/MediaServer/3/documents/eSayers%20Seller%20Report%20October%202010.pdf

We hope you find these insider tips both interesting and useful.

Best wishes and thank you for your continued support of eSayers,
The eSayers team

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Re: eSayers Buyers Report
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 11:02:40 AM »
PROFILING THE eBAY BUYER
"The most popular sites appear to be those offering a retail-like experience with fixed price products and a broad range.
After eBay, the most popular sites are:
• Dealsdirect.com.au   -  LOL (the massive ex shill bidding Ebay sellers of cheap tat)
• Amazon   - funny thing is Amazon was leading last report, oh wait this is an EBAY report not a real one lol
• Catchoftheday.com.au"   - who?

What Ebay fails to understand is that THEY have made ebay so horribly convoluted that both buyers and sellers are becoming jaded, confused and tired of the minefield that encompasses all aspects of buying and selling.. combine that with the fact they are going to be changing "search' yet again very soon..I shudder to think.

Ebay USED to be a community, a place for those rare, quirky, unusual and hard to get collectors items as well as every day items, with some good sellers of new quality items and VERY good prices, currently we have to wade through pages and pages with a disfunctional search of utter Cr4p to find that one lone item that catches our eye.... however now thanks to bloated overpaid CEO's and exec's who only pause to rub their wallets and want to turn it into a shiny bonus producing stripmall it is collapsing in on itself.

They receive decent information and thats the best they could come up with???..they put it ALL on the backs of the already overburdened sellers, "offer free postage" "answer every question immediately or within the same day", "offer lower prices than all the chinese junk", what the heck I mean lets just all list for a penny and offer free postage, better yet hop on a flight and deliver it to their door (you will still get dinged on stars for delivery but this IS ebay after all)..

Ebay couldn't profile their way out of a wet paper bag...Just LOL

They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 12:47:49 PM »
catchoftheday are pretty big

accord to alexa.com  they are the 113th most visited site in Australia ... eBay being the 7th

dealsdirect are 204th

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 03:31:54 PM »
So I now know BNWT lol, I had a google for them after I read your link, I honestly had never heard of them before, weird seeing as they are so popular?...and they only sell one item a day? (well multiples of the one item)

Deals direct have a pretty bad name despite being a huge seller, I read the choice reviews and approx 90% of people said they would never deal with them again! (Cheap rubbish that falls apart and terrible customer service being the main complaints)

PS. Thankyou for posting the report, it was interesting, I wonder why they do not make these reports public knowledge so ALL sellers can at least try and benefit from the survey...

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 04:17:22 PM »
Liisa, I've bought a few things off COTD and have been very happy with the products, price paid and service. You can sign up for twitter or email updates. Just don't expect to be able to get through on one of their big sale days, the site seems to go into meltdown!

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 04:21:37 PM »
How quickly do buyers expect to
receive their item once it’s paid for?
Buyers revealed that they have very high
expectations when it comes to how quickly
they wish to receive their items.
You can see the average number of days
they expect to wait for items coming from
various destinations in the table on the left.

I wouldn't say that 3 days for deliveries within the same city is a 'very high expectation'. I expect it the following day!

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 05:00:41 PM »
I'm not really sure what to make of the graph

[attachment deleted by admin]

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 05:04:52 PM »
Very few members have only joined up in the last year

Is it the percent of eSayers or total eBay buyers?

Of course the number of eSayers who only joined in the past year would be very low. Didn't they ask you to sign up a couple of years ago?

If it is the number of total eBay buyers then I'm not sure that is a good sign for eBay. Where are the millions of members that they like to boast about? If memberships levels were constantly growing then wouldn't the number of new members be higher? Or is it because 'old' members still count in the numbers even if they haven't bought anything in the past few years?

bnwt

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 07:56:52 PM »
wheels

I assume the graph refers to buyers that responded to the eSayers survey

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 10:45:01 AM »
I recieved the survey and I am not an esayer, I remember doing it!, so I assume it was sent to a % of the general members, there was a post on the forums at one point discussing the survey  and I also recall many saying they never saw it..

If eBay wanted a complete and accurate survey would they not survey ALL members?.....just asking lol

If very few members have signed up in the past year as a company that woudl be setting some pretty large alarm bells ringing..but Nahhh this is eBay, let us not look at mistakes of the past and look to making far more in the future lol

shyer

• Knight of the RT
  • from UBB & yib thank you
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 01:01:37 PM »
Just another FAIL grade for ebay today and last weekend I listed an item for 3 days on saturday night took till sunday morning to show in searches I LOST saturday buyers!!

Went to bid on item I wanted, WITH dial up on laptop this AM ebay always slow on dial up, this AM could not get bid in before timed out. Had to use friends wireless. Since 33% of internet access is still dial up how many bidders did my seller NOT GET???

How many people can NOT bid on my Auction??? too late to stop now !!! Ebay glitch city and only gets worse!!!!

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 02:13:09 PM »
There is currently a class action suit in the States regarding Ebay charging for listings that do not appear immediately and in fact up to 48 hours later.. it originated as two suits but they have combined the two....

They filed in 2007 and it is now a class action.

https://www.topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/837-ebay-seller-delayed-auction-class-actions-