Author Topic: Click and Send - lower weight limits being introduced  (Read 6312 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Click and Send - lower weight limits being introduced
« on: April 08, 2014, 12:58:34 PM »
A message from Australia Post:

"There are some upcoming changes for the Click and Send boxes too. Previously any Australia Post/eBay flat rate box (regardless of size) could hold up to a maximum of 15kg. The weight limits for eBay flat rate boxes have been revised to introduce a 1kg, 3kg and 5kg weight break for BX1, BX2 and BX4 respectively.
The weight limits have been adjusted to reflect the cost associated with sending items of that size (as the cost of shipping relates not only to the physical size of the item, but also the weight.)
If you're sending items over 5kg, we offer a range of parcel solutions which are priced based on distance and weight. These solutions are also available via the eBay website.
We recognise that these changes may impact you and other eBay sellers so there's a 6 week grace period where we will continue to accept items up to 15kg in these three box sizes. However, from 12 May 2014 the new weight limits will be enforced.
I hope this information helps, I'm sorry for the confusion and the trouble. Please rest assured more information will be available when the change comes in to effect.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Click and Send - lower weight limits being introduced
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 12:32:09 AM »
I can't say I'm surprised.

When I first saw the 15Kg limit, I was quite amazed, so this change seemed inevitable.

Limits of 2Kg, 5Kg and 10Kg would have been nicer, though.