Author Topic: New fee structure for eBay.com.au - May 2013  (Read 8803 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
New fee structure for eBay.com.au - May 2013
« on: April 13, 2013, 08:05:11 PM »
eBay will be introducing a new fee structure on May 1, 2013.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/au/201304021010092.html

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/fs5

Check out the typo on the new eBay Seller Centre page!  :lol:

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/

[attachment deleted by admin]

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: New fee structure for eBay.com.au - May 2013
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 09:04:02 PM »
Cenre .... Snipe

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 12:34:45 AM »
As I understand it, it makes more sense for some sellers to revert back to the most basic of stores (if they want to sell multiples of one item, or list Good Till Cancelled items)...?

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 11:50:39 AM »
I haven't yet had a chance to do a comparison of the basic to featured store to no store. I'm just pleased we closed in December and will start anew once we've worked out the fee changes and postage changes.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 12:26:48 PM »
... and if you use Turboblister - you might want to wait for it to catch up with all the changes as well.

My seller friend has not had many kind things to say at the moment, having to use work-arounds to get things done.  It has been taking them something like 15 minutes to perform work that used to take 3 minutes.  I believe most of the work-arounds come from the PowerSeller board and Facebook (don't have specifics, sorry).

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 07:41:21 PM »
Turbolister is a sensess waste of human life ( IMO)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 11:15:06 AM »
I don't use TL for listing, I much prefer to use the standard eBay sell form and store all the templates and listings in SMP (although I do use TL as a backup copy)

I've spent an hour this morning trying to get my head around the new postage structure. In our inventory list I used to have a note next to each item with the details of which box/satchel/envelope to use and the best postage method. Now I'm going to have to go through every item and work out the most economical postage.

:tanty:

***Mr Magoo 2U***

• A. Herm (Magoogle it)
  • Knight of the RT
  • Get Out of My Way Sonny!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 02:38:34 PM »

"."
May the Sprouts be wuth u Oscar .....

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 10:55:48 AM »
The latest change ......

From 6 May 2014 selling fees (final value fees) will be charged on the total cost of a sale, i.e. the sale price + postage cost.

With more than 60% of items sold on eBay.com.au already offering free postage, the new way of calculating final value fees means all sellers pay a fee based on the total sale price, whether postage is included in the cost of an item or charged additionally. Customers love free postage and we know it can help increase the likelihood of a sale. If you can't make it free, make sure it's reasonable.

If you currently offer free postage on most of your items, this change will have little or no impact on you.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 12:38:41 PM »
It was, I suppose, inevitable that eBay would introduce this.

It's bad for sellers, and bad for buyers. It will simply increase the cost of items and put additional pressure on sellers.

It does seem ironic that eBay and PayPal take so many fees from Australians, yet fail to pay the appropriate fees to the Australian government... Ditto for their practices in the UK and US, etc. Tax avoidance is big business.

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

pra666

• Knight of the RT
    • The Sand Pit
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 01:06:33 PM »
I rang ebay and was eventually told that as of May fees will be charged on the cost of items plus actual postage you charge; e.g. sell two items for $10 plus $5 postage, fees will be charged on $25 not $30.
I am toying with the idea of offering "free" postage on items at auction but still adding postage to buy-it-now. In the latter case, I may up the postage costs by about 8% to allow for the increase of fees.