Author Topic: WooHoo NSW  (Read 15966 times)

HellWest'nCrooked

• Knight of the RT
WooHoo NSW
« on: July 15, 2009, 10:12:46 PM »

Finally..at last.....NSW Wins a goddamn game.

Up the Blues
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
Re: WooHoo NSW
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 10:14:40 PM »
Snipe!
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 10:38:24 PM »
Congratulations - I don't know anything about it, Hell Westn Crooked, but I'm glad you're happy!
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

HellWest'nCrooked

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 10:48:12 PM »

State of Origin  Countessa (Dive Dark Horse)
Rugby League where QLD and NSW battle it out in best of 3 over a couple of months,
QLD won the series but we have saved face with one game won  and we flogged them!!

WooHooooooo!
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 11:02:48 PM »
Pssst! Don't give away my alias! *grin*

Ah - rugby. *nod* Your team apparently had a well-deserved victory.  :10:

I'm not a rugby follower... but I believe it's exciting to watch. (So say rugby followers.) I do enjoy watching soccer, but don't particularly barrack for a team. I like watching guys bounce a ball on their head... *wicked grin*
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 11:05:48 PM »

There's only one footy.... Vic footy!...

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 11:39:17 PM »

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 10:52:26 AM »
What the hell is "footy"...

My 4 year old grandkidlet can say "football" at the proper places in a conversation.

Please peoples use grown up language..

**Irk vented, thanks**

:wine:
If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you done ??

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 11:04:56 AM »
Well I have a foolproof way of proving that AFL is better than rugby.

Just look at the players.   AFL players are cute, graceful (can jump for balls like ballet dancers - macho ones), have long lean muscles, toned bodies.

Rugby players.  Well they just don't look the same do they?  Muscle distibution is ... different.  Need I say more?  ;D

:duckling:

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 04:14:40 PM »

HellWest'nCrooked

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 06:21:52 PM »

OK  OK  I will admit that AFL (footy     :roflmao:)
is very easy to watch.....those guys are so fit.
But.. you know..I went to school in rugby territory AND I don't like losing the State of
Origin to QLD..( other than that I love QLD)

Yibs if I could do pictures I would try and give you a rung for your money ! lol
But would never pull on Tello, that would be like starting WW111  . :chair:

:ivanhoe:
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 07:21:34 PM »
But would never pull on Tello, that would be like starting WW111  .

I was....I mean I WAS so bloody Wambly Bambly set up to declare this place a "Yuppie Zone" of "Ill-Golf repute...that I now regret that I shouldda called this thread a "Sports-Schmucks' Paradise" early on in this posting process..........

.....until the Regulars started in with their shpiel....Now I'm hesitant, & for good reason!

(Lord have Mercy! Or, an extra overcoat....)

No One should be made to endure this level of...............

intoxication!

Lucky me: I drink Creme Sodas......

:blush:
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 07:45:28 PM »
Interesting name... AFL..... can sort of work out the AF part.... doesn't the L stand for Limited? :D

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 03:46:23 AM »
Soccer - the original game of footbal. Round ball. No hands (except for goal-keeper and throw-ins), lots of kicking. Very entertaining when skilled teams play.
Australian Football League (AFL) Aussie rules football. Oval ball. Lots of hands and lots of kicking. Originally from Victoria, now has interstate teams in the competition. I like it because it is moving all the time, is free-flowing and easy to follow.
National Rugby League (NRL) a variant of rugby. Oval ball. Lots of hands and very little kicking (but they still call it football). Native to NSW, but also incorporating interstate membership lately. Lots of stop-start, but there's usually something happening.
Australian Rugby Union (ARU) an original variant of rugby. Oval ball. Lots of hands and a fair bit of kicking (Believe an NRL follower once said there was too much kicking. Well, they do call it football, don't they?). More popular in other countries than rugby league.
Gaelic Football and International Rules football Don't know the full ins and outs, but is similar to Australian Rules. A round ball is used and a cross-bar between the goal posts defines a third scoring zone: "goals", "overs" and "behinds". Haven't seen many played, but it's enjoyable.
and then there's
American football: Grid Iron. Oval ball, throwing, running and a bit of kicking. Very orchestrated moves. Very stop start. Can have different teams for 'offensive' plays and 'defensive' plays - the change of possession being one of several reasons for play to stop and a conference to be had before the next play.  A team gets 4 chances (downs) to advance a total of (at least) 10 yards. If they succeed, the counter resets and they can try to keep going. I won't offer any further comment as I'm sure an offended supporter would quite happily send a cruise missile my way if they could.

Anything else?

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 09:17:30 AM »
Australian Pebble Kicking (APK) a variant of golf, target practice and football. Lots of feet and lots of kicking. No bouncing the pebble on the head (except for the head of others). Using a stick to throw the pebble is considered valid, as is throwing either overhand or underhand. The game ends when the players become tired of it. Native to all states. Minimum age to play: 3.

*wicked grin*

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 01:02:04 PM »
I was once given this example of a comparison of footy between Sydney (NRL) and Melbourne (AFL)

Attendance comparison:
Melbourne (AFL) Sydney (NRL)
Grounds ClosedPractice Session
Practice SessionClub Game
Club GameGrand Final
Grand FinalOlympics

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 01:56:57 PM »
Isn't there different types of Rugby? 

What's the difference there?

:duckling:

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 02:02:30 PM »
Hi Duckee,

There are two types of Rugby...

Rugby Union, the original game -- 13 per side (I think)

Rugby League, -- 15 per side (I think)

Union was originally an amateur game, and when it went "professional" the rules of the "union" required a new set up...

Now, of course they are both professional..

:wine:

If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you done ??

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 02:54:38 PM »
Isn't there different types of Rugby?  

What's the difference there?

Rugby League is well known in NSW. Rugby Union is well known in the whole world.

Both games have similarities - passing the ball, tries, goals, field goals, scrums - but there are significant differences.  In League, when a tackle is made, play stops and a 'play the ball' recommences play. In Union, play continues - sometimes it looks like an all-in brawl, but there are very clear rules on how that proceeds until the ball is cleared.  Also, in Union, they have a 'throw-in' called a line-out where you see players lifted to grab the ball (lifting used to be illegal, but I think they just gave up trying to control it and just made it part of the game.)

In Union, there is a LOT more kicking than League.

International Rugby matches are usually Union - take the currect 'Tri-Nation' series under way at the moment: Australia (Wallabies), New Zealand (All-Blacks) and South Africa (Springboks).

NOTE: If you talk to a Kiwi about Rugby - they will only be thinking about Union, the All-Blacks and the Haka! .... and they are PASSIONATE about it!!

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 03:02:52 PM »
Rugby Union is a game for thugs played by gentlemen & Rugby League is a game for gentlemen played by thugs. I know as I played both at school & continued playing Rugby League until injuries caught up with me at age 30.
I preferred the thug variety.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2009, 03:56:20 PM »
What is it about rugby league that makes everyone who comments on the game think they are living in the past ?????

The players dont have a clubhouse or change rooms they have so called "sheds"
they dont play the game on a field , ground or oval its called a "paddock"
they dont have a word for a set of 6 taclkes its simply called "a set of 6"...pathetic....  imagine an over in cricket being called a set of 6
according to most the Sydney Roosters dont exist and are still called Eastern suburbs ??????

Unless the so called experts on this game start living in current times and look to the future their game is going to slide ito oblivion !

Whoops too late

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2009, 03:56:55 PM »
(I'll bet they objected to Ubbrd bringing his quiver - but dumped him altogether when the Barretts started turning up in scrums!)

cueperkins

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 03:59:32 PM »
(I'll bet they objected to Ubbrd bringing his quiver - but dumped him altogether when the Barretts started turning up in scrums!)

Full metal jacket Rugby?
Extreme Rugby?
Lock & Load League ?  Ubb style

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 06:08:54 PM »
Yeah & they objected to me running onto the field with my knuckle dusters, I still can't work out why.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2009, 06:18:34 PM »
Yeah & they objected to me running onto the field with my knuckle dusters, I still can't work out why.

Thats seems a bit rough!!! They are obviously more lieniant in the AFL with how you can run onto the field
Only this week according to one local newspaper reporting on Dean Cox and his injury , The headline read
"Eagles to play with Cox out " ?????

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2009, 06:20:35 PM »
Good one Smee.

bobbybigbear

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »
Don't know how they could get them out Smee, those shorts they wear are too damn tight. ;D

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2009, 06:47:34 PM »

currymuncher

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2009, 11:18:15 PM »
yes smee,they won ,I rather enjoyed the game even though I thought the dogs would win ;D

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2009, 11:19:29 PM »
yes it was a good game to watch , but gee the Eagles nearly threw it away