Author Topic: REMINDER: AusPost prices changed 06 July  (Read 12388 times)

ernest_price

REMINDER: AusPost prices changed 06 July
« on: July 06, 2009, 09:35:55 AM »
Just a quick reminder.

I assume eBay have already got the new prices in their system.

Must be fascinating how it all works at this time when someone bid on one of my few 'caclulated postage' items on Friday and at Auction end today they get charged more on the invoice.  :potstir:

**cupie**

Re: REMINDER: AusPost prices changed 06 July
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 10:37:21 AM »
Interesting ernest......All this Innovative Disruption must be taking it's toll on sellers...

I'll bet the UK is equally impressed with the compulsory free postage on various categories.....what a nightmare for sellers......tell me, is Ebay trying to get rid of sellers?  If they want good sellers, all they have to do is verify them and make them accountable, not impose trading sanctions on the way they do business, left right and centre.

I doubt I'll ever sell on Ebay again......I know of many others who have had to stop selling as collectors/hobbyists/cyber garage sales etc.  It's getting to be too much of a headache now.....as a collector I used to love the excitement of watching something sell for well over expectation....these days, it seems so fraught with rules, regs and policies....it's no fun....as a buyer....it's going to get so that all goods are priced the same...there will be no room for sellers to move, in offering items cheaper......and that's exactly what Ebay is snaking from you.....your profit margin......JMO !!!

RiffRaff

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 11:15:30 AM »
So AP put their prices up and somehow eBay gets the blame.

What does varifying sellers have to do with compulsory free postage in certain categories?

Perhaps it's best that you don't sell on eBay anymore Cupie.......leave it to the sellers that know how to adapt to change. JMO.

**cupie**

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 11:23:14 AM »
Groundhog day anyone????.....Riff...perhaps it's best if you find another bestie?   ....JMO ... :filenails:

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 11:33:38 AM »
Continue...I'm ready... LOL

RiffRaff

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 11:39:04 AM »
G'day Yib.

Cupie, if I see something that I think is a ridiculous comment......I respond......isn't that what forums are for?

As for finding another bestie.........you'll never know. Will you now. Really?

RiffRaff

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 11:47:27 AM »
BTW, thanks for the heads-up ernest  ;)

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 12:02:44 PM »
Hi Ya riff.. I always find conversations you are in entertaining...I'm not judging here who's right or wrong or the opinion of the individual... I just find it ...interesting...LOL ...hence me on the couch ready with popcorn...LOL

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 12:14:25 PM »
Look, let's be honest here. eBay IS to blame - for everything, including the fact that this morning a truck pulled out in front of me without indicating. "You eBayaholic!" I shouted at him, shaking my clenched fists.

Moments later, he confirmed my instinctive knowledge that it's all eBay's fault. We were both pulled up at the traffic light, and I glared in his general direction (mad staring eyes, tightly compressed lips, you know the sort of glare I mean). I saw that he had his laptop open on his lap, twisted to the left a little, and he was ON EBAY!

Not only that, but he was - please note this - NOT WEARING A TINFOIL HAT. I swiftly turned on my eBay Evil Ray Detector, and fair squidge of the pineapple, mate, the poor bloke was being INUNDATED with the evil rays.

(I was protected, of course. I was wearing one of the latest fashion designs in tinfoil hats.)

:tinfoilhat:

Please note: the author of this post does not guarantee that this post contains accurate or truthful statements. The author reserves the right to be ironic. Readers are permitted to smile. Please do smile, or you will be hunted down and sold on eBay - bone by bone. Believe it. Absolutely.

Now in serious mode - I wonder whether it would be worth suggesting to eBay that they make a prominent general announcement to the effect that, since AP postage costs have just risen, they should double-check calculated postage now since it may have changed automatically in the interim.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

RiffRaff

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 12:20:40 PM »
Yib, I'm sure a few people find it interesting ;)

If the anti-eBay/PayPal lobby group here want to take this forum on a road to nowhere and think they can generate support for this forum by bagging the company at every opportunity, sadly for them, it just isn't going to work. JMO

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 12:37:54 PM »
You've exposed the secret aim here, Riff - Yes, it's true. We do so very much want to create a hard-core eBay-whipping palace, where guilty eBay executives can come in complete anonymity, head upstairs, tearfully admit their positions in eBay, and be mercilessly flogged for being a "bad, bad boy". After all, I only buy on eBay so that I can make contact with these masochistic executives.

I've not quite worked out how I DO make contact with the eBay executives, but I'm sure it will come to me.

I also don't have any flogging equipment, but I am equally sure I can find it on eBay. But wait! I forgot for a moment that I must feel a feverish hatred for eBay... don't I? So how can I support that evil company by buying on their venue?

The confusion is making me feel as though I've been stuffed into a tumble dryer. Oh well, at least my hair will have dried.

Please note: the author of this post still reserves her right to be writing tongue-in-cheek.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

RiffRaff

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 01:08:03 PM »
Countessa, you either want this forum to work and be populated by regular eBay/PayPal users or you keep it going the way it's heading and sit around talking to yourselves about how evil eBay is. Some posters have already been 'turned off' by the constant negativity. Say something positive and get it thown back at you as if you are the enemy.

ernest_price

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 01:37:53 PM »
To me, this site is an opportunity to discuss the good and the bad. It's close to impossible to talk about the bad on eBay forums now.

I agree that only concentrating on the bad isn't necessarily in this site's best interest, but it also is patently obvious that if this *is* one of the rare sites to actually talk about the bad then it's always going to look like this site is negative. How much negative will depend on the level of the discussion in here.

P.S. No eBay haven't got the new AusPost rates in for my item discussed above that was sold this morning and I'm up for a few extra $$$, or I ask my buyer for more money and probably blame eBay :) . Not a biggie at my selling volumes of 1 item impacted, but might be a pain for some.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 01:42:36 PM »
Perhaps it's not an either-or, as life generally isn't an either-or situation. People need to be free to express their negative as well as their positive experiences, and very often it's not a simple 2-possible-answers-now-choose-one-of-them question.

I won't address the issue of posters being "turned off" in any detail - not appropriate, and in any case, people are free to decide about their posting. I vigorously defend the right of people to post in the eBay forums, in their private forums, here, there, anywhere. (That's not an endorsement of the contents of posts, of course... just of the right to post in whichever forums individuals wish to post.)

Some people here LOVE eBay. Some used to love it. Some hate it with a passion. Some don't like it very much but still use it. Some quite like eBay but still reserve the right to criticise the elements they don't like. And all of that is fine - it expresses everyone's different experiences. Tello for instance is free to say how much he hates eBay; you are free to say how much you love eBay; everyone is free to indicate their degree of like/dislike - and all of us will be likely to find ourselves challenged by other people's experiences and views. And that is fine. People are free to disagree.

This is neither a "You must hate eBay and PayPal" forum nor a "You must love eBay and PayPal forum". I strongly reject any suggestion that it is, or that it ought to be, either of those.

My personal stance is that I enjoyed eBay a great deal more in the past, still use it now, but do not by any means think eBay and PayPal have been making decisions of which I approve during the last two or so years. I reserve the right to like some things about eBay and dislike other things about eBay.

With regard to the subject of this thread, I believe eBay could help eBayers make informed purchase decisions at the moment by informing them very unambiguously about the change in postage cost. Ernest, thank you for posting the information - many people don't keep track of AP price rises and might well be caught unaware!

RiffRaff

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 03:44:27 PM »
This is neither a "You must hate eBay and PayPal" forum nor a "You must love eBay and PayPal forum". I strongly reject any suggestion that it is, or that it ought to be, either of those.

Well, you may be able to convince some people of that Countessa. Guilt by association and paranoia are rife.

Groundhog day anyone????.....Riff...perhaps it's best if you find another bestie?   ....JMO ...     :filenails:

Who am I best friends with...this week Cupie? Barbara?

That will never do. Now will it.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 04:29:48 PM »
TOPIC, lovely people - TOPIC.

Can someone give a quick run-down on the changes?

imperfect

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 04:47:57 PM »

ernest_price

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 04:50:06 PM »
3kg satched $9.60 => $9.90
500g satched $5.40 =>$5.60
Base rate local area parcels $7.20 => $7.45 Excess rate up also.

They're the main ones I need to know.