Author Topic: eBay gallery pics with Aus Flags or logos  (Read 6818 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
eBay gallery pics with Aus Flags or logos
« on: February 04, 2012, 02:46:10 PM »
I have seen a lot of Australian sellers adding Aus logos to their gallery pics to try and stand out from all of the overseas listings.

When you see a listing with an Aus Flag in the gallery pic do you assume the seller is Australian?

Or that the item is being shipped from within Australia?

Not anymore ..

I have just come across a few listings on ebay.com.au with an Aus Flag as the gallery pic background but the items are located in Europe!

What next? The Chinese sellers with maps of Aus or Aus flags or kangaroos on their gallery pics?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Re: eBay gallery pics with Aus Flags or logos
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 03:17:57 PM »
They will try anything

Report them ... Ummm keypicture spamming

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 04:56:30 PM »
I know what you mean Wheels, there is one particular seller of statuary that is in China that states item location Australia..the items in fact are not in Australia nor is he located in Australia, he has terrible feedback and this is the third ID that I know of.

He has been reported consistently on all three ID's for at least two years and yet he is still there with misleading information and bad selling practices, he did lose one of the ID's but is still permitted to operate... nice one Ebay.
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 05:44:14 PM »
I get as frustrated with this as everyone else.

I have noticed some sellers put images of the Australian flag within their listings with comments like 'Australian Seller' and 'Shipping from Australia' - but I still double-check and triple-check.

It is absolutely scandalous that the facility advocated to filter sellers is worse than useless.  I say worse because buyers would be better off without it.  At least then, they would not be directly misled.