Poll

Does an eBay Powerseller icon influence your bidding decisions?

Yes, I prefer to buy from Powersellers
Yes, I never buy from Powersellers
No, It makes no difference to me

Author Topic: Another Poll  (Read 9923 times)

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Another Poll
« on: June 30, 2009, 04:51:13 PM »
Following on from bnwt's Poll Thread where the overwhelming majority were in favour of more polls ..

Does an eBay Powerseller icon influence your bidding decisions?

eBay awards Powerseller status to sellers who maintain a high turnover and feedback rating. Most Powersellers on eBay choose to display their Powerseller icon.

All things being equal (item, price, shipping cost, location, feedback percentage), if you were making a choice between two sellers, does the Powerseller icon influence your bidding and buying decisions?

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
Re: Another Poll
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 05:03:45 PM »
Good Poll wheels...

It certainly used to. Although these days I prefer to deal with the smaller sellers who tend not to let you down. I remember the advice regarding how 'safe' it was to trade with powersellers.  :)

100% no in the poll! Do I win?

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 05:10:24 PM »
r3830, No, I've voted now too!

I wonder why some Powersellers choose not to display their icon. Do they find it is a deterrent to some buyers?

Is it like going into a car dealership and purposefully avoiding the 'Salesperson of the Month' because they tend to be the person who can close the sale, but not necessarily offer any aftersales customer service?

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 05:48:28 PM »
Wheels, you haven't offered me the option for which I'd vote!

"I have a slight preference to buy from a smaller seller and not from a Powerseller; however, I'll buy from a Powerseller if I think the product and service will be acceptable."
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 06:52:23 PM »

no comment. snipe only.
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"