Author Topic: Graphic designers or logo makers - help!  (Read 19716 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Graphic designers or logo makers - help!
« on: April 16, 2009, 05:36:38 PM »
Well, I whipped up the OZ Round Table logo which you can see top right (http://www.ozroundtable.com/Themes/default/images/smflogo.gif). It's very amateur and I would love to see a nicer logo created.

Have at it!

Whatever you create should be a gif file, and should be of the same dimensions as the logo already there.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Poddy

Re: Graphic designers or logo makers - help!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 05:42:54 PM »
Hi,

I'll have a couple of goes later on in the evening.
258X30 pixals? or can it be a bit larger?

Also what about animation ,also gif

I'll have a play and send you some results by monday or Tuesday then we can get people to have a look at it and we can take it from there

carl

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 05:43:05 PM »
Countess, It looks pretty good to me, green & gold, simple but it stands out.

Complicated logos could tend to crowd & complicate.

Primaryaim

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 06:25:12 PM »
I am seeing the Round Table in blue but the oz is yellow and green. Is this correct and if so can the blue be changed poddy?

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 06:29:22 PM »
I know we don't want anything too complicated... but I know my skills with graphics are pathetic. If anyone likes the basic idea of the green and gold, go for it! Use what I whipped up as the basis...

We need to keep to roughly the same dimensions, otherwise it will throw out the forum structure.

I... would tend to say animated gifs for headers are usually too distracting. Subtle animation may be possible, but I feel it would be best to stay away from animations for the logo.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Numb!

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 06:35:08 PM »

258X30 pixals? or can it be a bit larger?

Also what about animation ,also gif

If you go too much larger, it throws off the alignment of the board.  I would say no animation.

Poddy

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 07:13:20 PM »
OK, the logo will be the same size as what is there now.

No animatiom and simple but classy

I agree with simple classic lines

gr8-expectations

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 07:24:47 PM »
hi guys, thats up my street too, may i suggest we work on getting some reference material and incorporating a heraldic shield or unique coat of
arms? I have an account with an image service and plenty of credits to purchase some copyright free images for use in this instance, will select some tomorrow
and forward to whoever is designing it if thats ok?

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 07:41:22 PM »
Looks good to me.

Cheers
If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you done ??

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 08:09:14 PM »
Nice! So many willing hands, so much talent...

Poddy

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 08:40:49 PM »
gr8,

I was thinking along the same lines.

A heraldic shield and the title underscored with a lance.

have a play with what you think and i will have a play too over the weekend and i am sure that we will have something slick in no time flat

gr8-expectations

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 12:10:34 PM »
yes poddy, sorry i was "on a cruise" with beefy lol yesterday wasnt i will get onto it today or tomorrow and send images

poddy we are having a tech problem with the word a.b.o.u.t. each time i type it in here it replaces it with about

LiisaSx

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 02:18:05 AM »
Hi Guys!
If anyone needs any graphic related items I am more than happy to help out, I have a degrees in Graphic Design and Fine Art..

Personally I love the fine art of things but I do logos and website graphics for those that need them, as far as I am concerned anything Art related big or small is a labour of love, so don't hesitate to ask.

Poddy

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 04:22:13 AM »
Liisa,

Get your pencils and drawing pad ready and go to it girl.
and any one else who is willing to have ago

There is a limitation though the image size has to be 285X30 pixals

gr8-expectations

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 10:34:43 AM »
liisaSx i promised above to provide some knightly images but have not delivered, may be best given your skills and quals for me to simply send you my i-stock photo login details and you choose, will message you through here with them later today after finding them, was think that some of their heraldic shields etc and other art would be good, i have some credits there so you just click download for the ones you like

i recently did a website for a pattiserie and got some really nice hgigh res images from there and as with all those types of services you can download a low res comp to see what people think like getty but way cheaper and good range.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 10:55:49 AM »
Gr8, can you also send some scrumptious things from the patisserie, not just the images?

*waits for pastries and delicacies to turn up*

gr8-expectations

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 12:14:14 PM »
lol countess u would be blown away by his cooking, french trained and amazing cakes pity you are in melb otherwise would oblige gladly, that t's new partner, lovely guy of the last 8-9 years i found a very rare early 30's cookbook signed by the author the wattle cookbook for him this week in my house, i had to scan literally hundreds of beautiful wedding/theme and other cakes, croqembouche and tons of other lovely things from his range over the years, he had a fire and the original shop of 15 years burnt down and this was for the new one established about 3 years ago, he has a huge commercial kitchen and make it all there

i will organise a massive croq (you know like profiterole) with toffee outer for the cruise that will feed everyone dessert.

yum yes make you hungry me too...lol

gr8-expectations

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 02:44:13 PM »
liisaSx and countess have sent those log in details for i-stock photo by pm to you both, please have a look and feel free to buy/download what you want as there is credit in there for what we need, liisa if you want to check and image you prolly know but you can download a sample comp and show it to countess and poddy

Primaryaim

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 06:45:13 PM »
OK GR8, at the risk of not being able to waddle up the gang plank in October, where is this patisserie?

gr8-expectations

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 06:59:00 PM »
i am happy to provide that info here missy prim;

LE CHOCOREVE PATTISERIE AND CAFE

16 DOUGLAS STREET, STANMORE
PHONE - 02 9569 5644

OWNER OPERATOR - GREG CLARKE

its opposite the station at stanmore, literally across the road, and greg is very obliging
if you tell him you know me he will double the prices lol  :rofl: :rofl:

seriously tho ask me first and will get you good deal through him and coordinate or call direct and speak to greg

gr8-expectations

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 07:00:11 PM »
patisserie kerrected

gr8-expectations

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 07:00:23 PM »
kerrected  - corrected lol

Primaryaim

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 07:44:08 PM »
I actually know that shop GR8. The children's hospital used to be at Camperdown and we would go buy boxes of bliss for birthdays etc. Ahh, memories....