Author Topic: Can I still pay by bank deposit on eBay?  (Read 13704 times)

frangi

Can I still pay by bank deposit on eBay?
« on: April 19, 2009, 02:06:39 PM »
Hi everyone :-)

Can't seem to see how to start a new topic in FAQ, so will post here and perhaps some kind soul will move it to the appropriate area please:

My enquiry is simple:  are we still able to pay for ebay purchases via internet banking ?

Sellers' payment methods have changed since last time I bothered looking and now many nominate Paypal/visa etc.
or money order, bank cheque.  I don't use Paypal and money-order and bank cheques are expensive from a buyer's point of view, when compared to the much faster and more convenient bank transfer.

If it's felt that I should more properly post my question in the ebay boards, just let me know -- that will be fine :-) although I begrudge fattening up the ebay boards and also would prefer not to contribute to making certain individuals over there appear ' useful '.   

Best regards,
frangi

Fluffy*Duckee

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 03:26:43 PM »
Hi Franji,

Yes you are still able to pay via Internet banking.

Paypal must be speciified on the listing, but other payment methods are also able to be accepting and this includes Internet banking.

You must make sure that the Internet banking details are already setup in your profile and the checkbox for this is clicked.

frangi

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 03:51:08 PM »
Thanks, Fluffy

So, even as a buyer I need to have internet banking set in my profile ?

Fluffy*Duckee

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 04:14:38 PM »
No Franji, I was responding as a seller (which is what I mainly am).  No as a buyer, you can check if the seller has "Direct Debit" offered on their listing.  Alternatively, you could message them and ask them if they offer Bank Deposit and what their details are.

On paying you will be presented with the various paying options after you click on 'Pay Now'.

The Paypal option will always be on the top and other payment options listed underneath.

You need to select the radio button next to "Bank Express".

This will give you the bank account details of the seller, but will not actually complete the payment transaction, although the seller will recieve a message saying you will pay soon and the status of transaction within Ebay will change to Waiting for Payment. 

You will then need to go to you online bank and physically transfer money to the seller's account using the bank details shown for the Seller when you clicked "Bank Express".  Hope this is clearer.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 08:05:59 PM »
This is an excellent question to address on the FAQ (which is read-only, Frangi - but people who are willing to write FAQ answers to common questions) can be given mod privileges to that section, which enables them to post in that forum.

Here is absolutely FINE to ask eBay questions! That's partly the reason why we have this Round Table.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"