Author Topic: Meg Whitman writing a book  (Read 10499 times)

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Meg Whitman writing a book
« on: June 22, 2009, 03:17:41 PM »
Former eBay exec writing about her success
Denver Post wire services
Posted: 06/21/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

Meg WhitmanNEW YORK — Former eBay chief executive Meg Whitman, a presumed candidate for governor of California, is working on a book about the "core values" that helped her build the online commerce giant.

The book, currently untitled, is scheduled to be published by Crown Business in February, just as California starts voting for its next governor.

Financial terms were not disclosed, but Whitman will donate all of her earnings to charity.

"Whitman will interweave personal stories and leadership lessons culled from her tenure at eBay and other companies," according to a statement issued late last month by Crown, an imprint of Random House Inc.

Whitman, 52, joined eBay in 1998, when the company had just 30 employees.

By the time she stepped down last year, eBay was a multibillion-dollar company with more than 15,000 workers. Hillel Italie, The Associated Press

Link is here.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
Re: Meg Whitman writing a book
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 09:23:18 PM »
That should prove interesting!
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »
If she really wanted to make a few bucks for charity...she would write an expose' on the nitty gritty stuff!

I'd buy it! :green:

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 12:01:54 AM »
Roo, you're right - an exposé would be fascinating, but I don't think Meg Whitman would ever write one.

She'd probably not be permitted to, anyway. I'm sure she signed a non-disclosure agreement...
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 02:34:18 PM »
From 30 employees to 15,000+ in ten years...

Could be eBay is getting back to the basics, remembering its roots so to speak and has re-defined the 30 employees level as their next 10-year target.

1 down, 9 to go - and it looks like they're on track.

Cynical? - I know. Sad? - Definitely. Potential to manifest? - Possible.

Wish it were not so.

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 05:34:03 PM »
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 11:32:37 PM »
Does this mean you'll be buying her book, Tello? Remember to get a signed copy. I am sure the rumour that these will be signed in human blood is purely apocryphal... surely?