Author Topic: Lets not let the 17th June go past unremembered ??  (Read 13035 times)

the guv

Lets not let the 17th June go past unremembered ??
« on: June 17, 2009, 11:38:27 PM »
Lets not let the 17th June go past unremembered ??

This was the day LAST YEAR when eBay was scheduled to become TOTALLY PAYPAL.

It is all history now that it did not happen !!!

And why ...... :yess:

eBay management [at all levels] thought they were on a fete accompli  :falseid:

But their World was shattered by their humble Aussie members . :exorcism:

We might not have won all we wanted ...but we all left a very lasting impression on eBay Inc. - both here and Internationally.

We must remember we did lose a number of couragious and big hearted mates in those bitter days....with others being targetted ..and attacked.

But I am certain even they must smile knowing the THREE Senior Aussie eBay/Paypal Management team members that proposed and promoted the Paypal ONLY fiasco have all DEPARTED the scene from eBay. - their departure cannot be blamed on the International financial meltdown.. :injured:

So RT Knights  - lets just allow ourselves a quiet and dignified smile of rememberence.

;D

But if someone would like to post an Aussie flag waving proudly ?????? ;D

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Re: Lets not let the 17th June go past unremembered ??
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 12:01:43 AM »

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 12:18:33 AM »
Hello, Guv - it was the PayPal-only issue that initially brought me to the RT, where I was enthused by the knowledge that many other Australian eBayers were in the same situation as I; that is, outraged. Outraged by the flaunting of Australian legislation to which all Australian businesses complied, and outraged by the increasing knowledge that eBay had confidently expected that their application for exemption would be quietly, quietly, quietly passed through... in their hope that Australians would not notice that this was against our legislation, and in the expectation that Australians would not realise that it COULD be fought.

Of course all of us became members of eBay when it held bright shining promise, and was an exciting source/venue for buying and selling.

It became big... very big.

That is no excuse for its intention to achieve a fait accomplit which was utterly against the TPA.

As a professional, I am obliged to abide by the sections of the TPA that apply to me. I expect businesses in Australia and professionals in Australia to abide by the various sections of the TPA that apply to them. I am glad that eBay was also brought to realise that they were not exempt from a pivotal portion of Australian legislation.

eBay has many good things about it, but it's my belief eBay is coasting along now upon the goodwill of its past far more than upon anything it is doing presently. I would love to see eBay take heed of what its sellers and buyers are saying. Can we have a return to the values that made eBay so successful in the past? Or am I wishing for something that will never be?
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 12:32:43 AM »
Can we have a return to the values that made eBay so successful in the past?

"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 12:48:25 AM »
Tello, I'll bet you spoiled little boys' and girls' Christmases by telling them that Santa didn't really have a sleigh, owned no reindeer, and was actually just a man in a suit earning extra money for his electricity bill.

Let us have hope at least!
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 01:12:50 AM »
That's a losing bet!

Keep false hope alive, I suppose....

:P

cueperkins

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 07:44:07 AM »
Hi Guv....great to see you posting here, and by gord you're right, it was 17th June wasn't it?  LOL.....yep....that was a period of inspirational solidarity among Ebay consumers....amazing what can be achieved when people unite in a common cause..... best not mention that pesky ACCC though....it causes blood pressures to rise and conspiracy theories to abound......but let me at least wave the flag for the rebellion.....wasn't that a party?

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 08:22:44 AM »
And since it was a party...

:party:

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 11:11:13 AM »
The BayPal Rebellion???

It was a most important date......

But then - someone over the other side told me it was for "trivial" matters????? Wouldn't it be a wonderful thing if roles could be reversed at times.

mochuck

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 08:14:27 AM »
The other day to remember is 30th June.  Which was the ACCC conference.   The day that Simon Smith kept popping up and saying that all the questions would be answered in the final submission.   The most important day to remember is 3 days after the conference when they withdrew their exclusive dealing notification from the ACCC - 3rd July 2008. 

primaryaim

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 08:33:51 AM »
Hi Mochuck, Its lovely to see you here. Long time no see. Hope everything is well with you :)
Primaryaim

col52

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 10:22:52 AM »
 :ebaysign: rules fools

cueperkins

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 10:36:38 AM »
Hi Mochuck....wow, this is like the Rebellion Reunion Thread...lol.

My Date to remember was 21/5/08....P-Day... a day that will live on in infamy....the contract of hundreds of thousands of Aussies who had chosen not to use paypal, was breached, and we were all then forced to offer paypal.....it stopped a lot of great sellers in their tracks....and in my view, it was the beginning of the end for Ebay as we knew it. 

Prior to this date, all pre september 07 members had been exempted from having to join or offer paypal.....Phase 1 of the notification specifically targeted pre Sept 07 members who had refused to join paypal....so the numbers must have been huge.... ...it was a significant breach of contract snuck in under another auspice.....and one that was well planned and orchestrated. 

But who could forget the conference eh?  the RT was on fire....wasn't that a party?

Welcome aboard mochuck.  It is great to see you here.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 11:45:21 AM »
it was a significant breach of contract snuck in under another auspice.....and one that was well planned and orchestrated. 

But.... Oh... do you remember the positive bodylanguage displays! What a highlight... NOT.
Actually, I'd love to see the negative display. Think that would be a great watch!!

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 02:53:47 PM »
I remember it as a black time. ---

Oh! Yes! I remember it all very well!   

I had typed a much longer comment but have decided the above will suffice.
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 04:56:21 PM »
Don't look at me.....I didn't say anything.....

C):-{= <" he will, just give him a chance and all will be fragmented... "<<