Author Topic: Seller Angst growing yet again...  (Read 11409 times)

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Seller Angst growing yet again...
« on: June 17, 2009, 05:28:19 PM »
It seems that the amount of unhappy sellers is again gaining momentum, buyerss DO need protection from some sellers but IMHO Ebay need to level the playing field instead of see-sawing in favor of one or the other, as we all know it is currently a buyers market, unfortunately for the honest buyers and poor sellers the dishonest purchasers are growing daily.

This in turn, and how ebay does not realise it as it is obvious, results in fewer listings and in turn less Ebay profits.

Read and weep here.
http://forums.ebay.com.au/topic/Selling/Ten-Years-Ebay/500110965&#msg503773066
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

cueperkins

Re: Seller Angst growing yet again...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 06:16:21 PM »
Hi Lisa....I'm an 8 year member of ebay and I can't disagree with anything that seller had to say....things were much better in the earlier years, and only those who were actually selling and buying on Ebay for that long would be able to know the difference.  So sad....Ebay is killing itself...what would you call that ...stupid?

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 06:18:09 PM »
The dishonest appear to be having a field day.  :( 
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

cueperkins

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 06:26:12 PM »
Also spare a thought for those of us using bank deposit....we're at the mercy of sellers and if they're dishonest...look out...bit like russian roulette e-commerce style.  I'm noticing a seller who I think ripped off a number of people several months ago, using three consecutive ID's..... and they seem toi be at it again, but I can't be sure....same MO....I haven't bid, but plenty of other people have....mmmhhh!!!  The rip offs happen both ways me thinks.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 06:34:28 PM »
Some interesting reading in this thread:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Seller-Central/My-Sales-Are/510106398

Sales are down everywhere at the moment despite heavy discounting - many buyers have either suffered pay cuts and/or are in fear of losing their jobs and are not spending.

I think the changes to the search on eBay has also led to a decline in sales for many sellers. As a buyer I hate the slow loading of pages and have spread my searching (and buying) to other sites.

RiffRaff

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 06:42:37 PM »
Makes me wonder why, if people hate what has happened to eBay, they continue to use eBay.

imperfect

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 06:52:11 PM »
Go away RiffRaff!! your not wanted!!

Oops, neither am I... hahahaha!

RiffRaff

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 06:55:11 PM »
Care factor..........................Zero    ;D

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 06:58:01 PM »
you cant be serious !

RiffRaff

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 07:01:01 PM »
Serious about what Smee?

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 07:10:04 PM »
Well, my Italian seller doesn't want to refund me unless I return the games to him at my own expense...

Both buyers and sellers are vulnerable when purchasing through an online venue such as eBay, because some of the situations currently rely on the parties to the transaction being fair with each other - and I'm sorry to say that doesn't happy consistently.

This problem only becomes apparently when there IS a problem with a transaction.

As a buyer, I fear I'm not going to gain redress in this situation.

As a buyer, I also feel concerned on behalf of sellers who are vulnerable to bad buyers.

I believe there are some wrong turns taken by eBay, and I believe they are issues that need to be addressed.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 12:01:37 AM »
Well i want both of you , Riff and Imp so you are wanted ;)

I don't know.. really I think people want ebay, they want to buy and sell on ebay.. but ebay keep shooting themselves in the foot and it's frustrating for both sides of the fence.

I for one Like ebay, but i am scared to sell on ebay, I am dissappointed at the reduced listings and the search function I have been running some experiments with.

I search within a 25 km radius for lets say for arguments sake a coffee table.
22 show up, the closest is in my suburb the most distant listing is 72 km away.
Hmm what happened to 25 km's?

I repeat the same search within a 10 km radius.
32 listings appear.. huh??
Closest again my suburb, most distant listing 45km away.. er.. what happened to the previous search despite expanding on distance it showed fewer listings..

It all seems a bit hit and miss.. but I digress..

The bottom line is, there are a lot of unhappy Ebayers out there on both sides both buying and selling, so why can ebay not recognise the issues and deal with them appropriately, I cannot get my head around their mind set.
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 01:42:52 AM »
It's good to be wanted.

But not DEAD OR ALIVE.
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"