Author Topic: What the ???  (Read 30692 times)

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
What the ???
« on: June 15, 2009, 07:20:09 PM »
Guys I need advice and what I should do here - I have my own thoughts but interested in any comments

On 28th April I sold Item 280339002742 it was a BIN and I received payment about a week later via direct deposit
I posted Item on Aust post article id 573228041136 (receipted delivery )
on 9th june buyer left feedback ...... saying beautiful packaged quick postage etc ..... Today I get a card in the mail saying I have a receipted deliver item to collect from P.O. I collect it and its this parcel marked rts item not claimed ..... So I have been paid ....I have item back in my possession ...... buyer has left glowing feedback and has never once complained about not getting it .... the other strange thing is that the ino relating to this parcel on Aust post tracking site doesnt make sense according to their scans it ws posted in may 2005 ..........................

So what should I do ??????  

RiffRaff

Re: What the ???
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 07:28:04 PM »
Hi Smee. You have nothing to lose by messaging the buyer with the details of what's happened. Give them the oppotunity to pay for the item to be re-posted.

Receipted Delivery numbers are re-cycled every couple of years.

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 07:35:32 PM »
A total mystery Smee. It took 4 years for Aust Post to return to sender? Someone at Aust Post might have fiddled with the date stamp's year.

I would contact the buyer & subtley ask how the product is going, if he likes it etc. If the buyer replies, "lovely", "excellent" or other, you have obviously received a love child of the product you posted, conceived & born/hatched during the time of posting.

If the buyer was a bit hasty with his feedback & never received it I would confirm his address & post it again.

A newborn postal article.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 07:40:32 PM »
I agree Riff I could do that I also have her phone number that I got from the order details so I could ring her  . But if you were the buyer would you not have queried why you hadnt received the items some 5 or 6 weeks after paying?
I also sent her a message in the first week of may saying I had posted and gave her the article number... and on the Aust post thing this number cant be recycled they have only just gone to a 12 digit trackable numbers

RiffRaff

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 07:48:59 PM »
Sounds like your buyer is a bit confused if it's the same item you sent them. Maybe left feedback by mistake for the wrong seller ??

Does the RD number start and finish with two letters?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 07:53:38 PM »
no just 12 numbers now Riff thats it no letters

I also find it a strange coincidence that she left feedback after 5 weeks and it happended to be about the same day that Aust Post gave up hope of her collecting it and returned to sender (me) so I am wondering if she carried the card around with her and then popped into The post office to collect on the 9th June and they said sorry we have just sent back to sender so she has decided to cop it on the chin as she had received the collection card a month prior and a second card a week after that and not gone to collect it and realised it was her fault  

And another strange coincidence I received another parcel today from a friend and it came from the same post office as the rts one .........SPOOKY

RiffRaff

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 08:06:41 PM »
You'll be guessing til you ask Smee. Ethically, you have an obligation to ask IMO.

The old style numbers still show up on the tracking page as delivered a couple of years ago if they haven't been re-used. When you use that new number their system is probably reverting to a closest match.....possibly???

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 08:10:19 PM »
Yes Riff ethically or morally I should make contact with her .....

Do you think I am a man of ethics and morals ????

and if i do contact her should I offer to re post at the same postage as I charged her before ie $7.80 or should I charge her what it actually cost which would be more if I could be bothered working it out ???

RiffRaff

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 08:31:34 PM »

No reason to think otherwise Smee.

Actual cost is appropriate I would think. Unless the parcel was incorrectly addressed originally.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 09:01:56 PM »

No reason to think otherwise Smee.

Actual cost is appropriate I would think. Unless the parcel was incorrectly addressed originally.

yes I have double checked and I addressed it as per ebay address
I still find it strange that she hasnt messaged me to chase it up yet

and just in case you were wondering I had already decided to try and ring here and message her before I posted thread but just wanted to create a bit of a disscussion and get others views
Thanks

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 09:57:01 PM »
Smee..have you had a bit of a look at her other purchases around that time?

Has she left less than sterling feedback for another seller that she may have bought another similar item from..and become confused?

If the buyer has made the mistake...and not picked up the item in time from the PO..then you are well within your rights to ask for another payment of postage.

I'd be inclined to chase this one up...just for my own piece of mind.

Bellagina

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 09:59:12 PM »

yes I have double checked and I addressed it as per ebay address
I still find it strange that she hasnt messaged me to chase it up yet

and just in case you were wondering I had already decided to try and ring here and message her before I posted thread but just wanted to create a bit of a disscussion and get others views
Thanks

It may be that since she had paid by Bank Deposit, she didn't think she had any recourse?
I have had buyers leave feedback for me, that was meant for someone else, luckily it was all positive!
I have also had buyers ask me to combine purchases that they have made from another seller..... an idea on how closely they actually LOOK at some things.

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 10:08:07 PM »
Let us know what happens when you contact the buyer, smee.
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 10:31:25 PM »
roger wilco will do
thanks for your thoughts guys and gals appreciated

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 11:56:26 PM »
That's a strange story, Smee. Like you, I'd definitely want to get in touch with the buyer and find out subtly what has happened. It might indeed be a case of the buyer having neglected to pick up the item after being carded, only to find out when he/she finally went to pick up the item it had already gone back to the sender... and thinking, "Oh no! It's my fault! I'd better at least give the seller positive feedback, and not mention how foolish I've been."

People do amazing things to avoid admitting their folly. Sometimes we simply have to admit we do stupid things... We're human...

I would certainly expect the buyer to pay for the postage again, though, if this turns out to have been the scenario...!
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 11:59:28 PM »
I shall endevour to find out tommorrow countess

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2009, 12:35:52 AM »
Very strange Smee.  Doesn't make sense.  I think the buyer must have confused you with another seller.  But I am dying to know what the answer is. ...
:duckling:

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 12:43:49 AM »
maybe so Fluffy but why no contact asking where parcel is ???

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 12:47:09 AM »
Maybe what the Countess said Smee.  But maybe the best would be to ask them.   ;D

Then we would all be put out of our curiosity.
:duckling:

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 01:11:54 AM »
If I don't discover the answer to this mystery, I will be driven to the teetering edge of jagged-outlined madness, catapulting over into the dark fog-wisped air.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 01:15:58 AM »
well if I cant make contact

who needs a nice new carlton ware sugar bowl ????

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 02:04:04 PM »
okay boys and gals time for an update ............
rang four times yesterday morning and got diverted to a paging service got despite leaving a message asking specifically for Kelly to ring me back I received 2 return phone calls from other staff members asking if they could help on both occassions I advised that is was a personal call and could they get Kelly to call me please. When I got home about 1pm I sent her a message via "contact buyer" asking her to ring my mobile . About 11pm last night I got a reply message via ebay saying sorry about mix up with item and could I ring her mobile. This morning I rang her and got her halelujah .
The story is yes she got the first card from Aust Post saying parcel was at PO for collection but around that time she was moving house , in the midst of opening a new cafe in Melbourne and she owns a bar so got very busy and forgot about it. So I now have here new address and have re posted item at my expense at this stage but she has promised to email me the names and addressess of her bar and caf'e in Melbourne so next time I visit Victoria I can drop in for a beer and coffee . ...................

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 02:24:11 PM »
Smee, eBay needs more sellers like you! Most would not have gone to the effort that you have to track down a buyer who has already left you positive feedback. Hopefully you can get to Melbourne to take up your buyer's offer of a free drink or two.

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 04:36:36 PM »
Pleased you were able to contact the buyer, smee. Fortunate buyer!

Did she offer to pay for the postage ?
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

RiffRaff

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 04:40:47 PM »
Well done Smee....looks like you have a friend for life  :)

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 05:27:54 PM »
Well done Smee....looks like you have a friend for life  :)

That makes 2 now then

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2009, 05:52:11 PM »
well I can tell from the tracking # that the re sent parcel was delivered at 12.11pm today
still no contact from her though with the addresses of her businesses as promised
or no payment for re postage costs
only time will tell !

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 11:25:06 PM »
Well done Smee.

There's no guarantee that your actions will become widely known - but you can be guaranteed that any reflection on your reputation will be absolutely positive.

It is good to go that extra step - you never know when or where you will be rewarded.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2009, 11:26:49 PM »
Thanks Brumby I would be happy if she just messaged me to say it had arrived safe and sound this time

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2009, 11:53:12 PM »
Smee, from experience I have found that people who were ... well, less than efficient ONCE will be less than efficient TWICE. They are people who have made a career out of promising to do better next time.

And that's the interesting thing, isn't it? There's ALWAYS a next time, so there's ALWAYS a chance for them to get it right... one of these days... one time... at some point...

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2009, 03:34:12 AM »
Thanks Brumby I would be happy if she just messaged me to say it had arrived safe and sound this time

I'm with you there, Smee!

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2009, 05:36:34 PM »
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2009, 11:39:18 PM »
Dejá vù... I feel as though I've seen that picture before.

Smee, what's the latest with your buyer?

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2009, 11:41:48 PM »
No news Countess as I said yesterday , A liitle dissapointed that she hasnt even taken the time to send a message to say recieved or anything . However I guess she would be a busy lady if she has a share in a bar and has just opened a new cafe

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2009, 11:42:45 PM »
I'm wondering if his latest Gif is Ron's response to an offer of some brushes for his drum kit...   ;D

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2009, 11:45:57 PM »
Smee - I'd give it a week after delivery was recorded.  If you haven't heard anything by then, try and think of a time when it might be less hectic for her and give her a quick call - or, maybe an email now and a call in another week's time.

A phone call may seem a bit intrusive - but it could be over in 10 seconds if she is busy and you will have your confirmation.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2009, 11:53:24 PM »
I think she's pretty rude not to have at least let you know that the item has arrived. No matter how busy she is, it only takes a few seconds to send a message.

gr8-expectations

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2009, 11:56:16 PM »
good eveninge all... communication does not seem that high on many buyers lists these days for some reason

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2009, 11:56:38 PM »
I think she's pretty rude not to have at least let you know that the item has arrived. No matter how busy she is, it only takes a few seconds to send a message.
I agree wheels since I paid for the second lot of postage , and it wasnt my fault in the first place but anyway it was less than 10 bucks postage and I feel better for having done the right thing rather than just keep the item when it came back

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2009, 11:58:09 PM »
Smee, you've gone far beyond the usual level of service. I'd have less than no hesitation in buying anything from you.

:10:

gr8-expectations

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2009, 12:05:30 AM »
waves to smee and countessa & wheelsie, (ps have not forgotten what i promised to send wheels just very busy in rl) sounds like you totally did the right thing smee, i tend that way too as its best to leave them smiling even if you dont see them again

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2009, 12:06:25 AM »
Hi Mr T good to hear from you again

Thanks

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2009, 12:09:09 AM »
Hiya Gr8, did you see Lance Armstrong won his first race the other day! I don't think he'll win the TdF though.

gr8-expectations

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2009, 12:09:50 AM »
you too smee, its been too long but so glad you joined us here, I do read the posts but havent had much time to post myself lately

gr8-expectations

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2009, 12:10:14 AM »
wow, no i havent been watching lately that either wheels what did he win?

gr8-expectations

« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2009, 12:11:12 AM »
smee i will stick a stamp on my forehead and post myself express to here tomorrow to catch up.... PLUS an urgent sticker to boot....

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2009, 12:12:14 AM »
you too smee, its been too long but so glad you joined us here, I do read the posts but havent had much time to post myself lately
I am glad I joined too Mr T most of the posters here were my Fav's on the old RT  and I have been welcomed and accepted here amongst friends

"Thanks all "

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2009, 12:12:53 AM »

gr8-expectations

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2009, 12:14:35 AM »
thank you wheels will view it now, and smee i always hoped you would arrive, hence the smee campaign your posts are always good and funny to boot

gr8-expectations

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2009, 12:16:30 AM »
he was pretty wise as always armstrong doing the giro wheels, great conditioning, what is happening with cadel? how has his racing been going and what sort of shape is he in for the tour?