Author Topic: My buyers are having a hard time finding my bank details on ebay since yesterday  (Read 40866 times)

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Is posting sanity a reportable offence on these boards ???

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
I'll have 2 kilo's of sanity and 900 grams of common sense please smee....

Surveillance mode enabled { no I'm not picking my nose.}

RiffRaff

so do you deny implication in your statements?.....

Yes, of course I do. I say what I think. I implied nothing of the sort...........you did.

Individuality is grand.....we agree on that point.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
I'll have 2 kilo's of sanity and 900 grams of common sense please smee....

sorry Yib I think I ran out of both ages ago

cueperkins

so do you deny implication in your statements?.....

Yes, of course I do. I say what I think. I implied nothing of the sort

So, Ok ,what did you imply then...nothing?  in the context of the discussion of course.

And Riff....lose the obvious angst towards certain people.... and perhaps individuality has a chance to flourish.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
We chemically produce sanity in our secret factories, carefully manufactured from the Sanuajana plant lovingly grown in the second bedroom.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
We chemically produce sanity in our secret factories, carefully manufactured from the Sanuajana plant lovingly grown in the second bedroom.
is that hydroponically grown Countess ?

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Ok....so it's established that we agree to disagree...now let's shake hand's and be friend's...

cueperkins

Oh no countess. it's isn't 'Equilibrium II' is it?

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
It's hydropunitively grown, Smee. We're very hot on that...

I believe the more such issues are discussed - with room for heated disagreements - the more we can try to find ways of understanding, perhaps ways of finding possible resolutions and strategies of coping, and if possible, ways of seeking compliance with consumer standards here in Australia.

Agree, disagree, slightly agree, slightly disagree...
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

col52

Can you produce something helpful to me too, Countess?  :crazy:

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Cupie, what a good idea. Equilibrium II. I love it, especially if we could talk Christian Bale into the leading role...

Now all we need is a script. And a rich producer...

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Col, surely you're not implying that sanity is useless to you?

Well... let me check the plants...

There is an unusual species there, called Smiliver somniferum. The poppies of this plant can be ground to produce an incredible ability to use more and more smilies.

RiffRaff

And Riff....lose the obvious angst towards certain people.... and perhaps individuality has a chance to flourish.  ;D

I didn't think my individuality was ever in question Cupie.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
countessa seeing your good with plant's can you recommend a plant that produce's a good aphrodisiac....!

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Yibida, alas, if I knew of such a plant, I'd be serving it to Christian Bale while letting my lashes flirt up a force 10 gale.

The best I can do is suggest avoiding garlic before attempting a passionate kiss.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Who is Christian Bale?

col52

Col, surely you're not implying that sanity is useless to you?

Well... let me check the plants...

There is an unusual species there, called Smiliver somniferum. The poppies of this plant can be ground to produce an incredible ability to use more and more smilies.

Nope, past sanity Countess!

ebay & meds driven me to insanity - no return.
I just need something to "float me away" !

Even more now coz my earlier post about problem solved is no more! My payment details in the e-mails are GORN again.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Their screwing with ya col !!...they must be reading your post's over here !..

col52

countessa seeing your good with plant's can you recommend a plant that produce's a good aphrodisiac....!

Excuse me! I am hortac.................hortuc.................hortucil....................plant person here!!!!!

I can recommend Poleus onabigusextenton

col52

Who is Christian Bale?

He's a farmhand............bales the hay! (after romping in it)

col52

Their screwing with ya col !!...they must be reading your post's over here !..

Here and >>>>>>>>>>>>>over there, Yib. LOL

No matter, multiple evidence e-mails were sent to RBA earlier today.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Christian Bale is a beautiful actor whose intensity and passion for his craft has led him to truly incredible feats, such as becoming almost skeletal for one film in which he played an insomniac and tormented machinist. He also played Batman. He was also the reason why the film "Equilibrium" worked so well.

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Your not the only one Col !!!!.....I've been looking through the other threads on ebay and seen lots of people asking why the sellers bank details don't show up when they've elected to pay by direct deposit !!!....HOW LOW CAN EBAY STOOP !!! Glitch my behind !!!

Surveillance mode enabled

Bellagina

• Knight of the RT
My 2 cents worth-

I offer it as a payment option, because some buyers like it, and some find it convenient.
I HATE having to put it on an auction that I know will sell for a low price, as the fees take any profit! (I sell odds and sods for my family, as well as Tupperware. The latter I can factor in all the costs, for second hand stuff, it is a buyers market.)
I dislike how SOME buyers take the paypal protection policy and try to use it to get their purchases for nothing.
So far I have had only one buyer ask for a partial refund, and with the help of the lovely people here, I found the evidence to satisfy her, so she removed the claim.

I ALWAYS send my bank account details out on the invoice, so I have no idea if ebay have hidden them.  I have a much smaller percentage paying with Bank Deposit than proir to mandatory paypal - more experienced buyers will still opt for bank deposit though.

I dislike that paypal doesn't want to sign our EFT code, and still can't understand how they can be allowed to operate in this country without doing so - high finance is not my forte, however.

I believe that if people want to be scammers, they will find a way around any rules and regulations - look at identity fraud, an ever growing and increasingly more serious problem.

Having said all that, I use paypal to pay for the products I sell, and to have them delivered, when I purchase them from the USA, as it is cheap, easy and convenient.

col52

Your not the only one Col !!!!.....I've been looking through the other threads on ebay and seen lots of people asking why the sellers bank details don't show up when they've elected to pay by direct deposit !!!....HOW LOW CAN EBAY STOOP !!! Glitch my behind !!!

Surveillance mode enabled

I saw them all, Yib and I agree HOW LOW CAN EBAY STOOP !!! Glitch my behind !!!
I sent additional proof and the threads to RBA, they replied today saying they were looking into it.

col52

My 2 cents worth-

I offer it as a payment option, because some buyers like it, and some find it convenient.
I HATE having to put it on an auction that I know will sell for a low price, as the fees take any profit! (I sell odds and sods for my family, as well as Tupperware. The latter I can factor in all the costs, for second hand stuff, it is a buyers market.)
I dislike how SOME buyers take the paypal protection policy and try to use it to get their purchases for nothing.
So far I have had only one buyer ask for a partial refund, and with the help of the lovely people here, I found the evidence to satisfy her, so she removed the claim.

I ALWAYS send my bank account details out on the invoice, so I have no idea if ebay have hidden them.  I have a much smaller percentage paying with Bank Deposit than proir to mandatory paypal - more experienced buyers will still opt for bank deposit though.

I dislike that paypal doesn't want to sign our EFT code, and still can't understand how they can be allowed to operate in this country without doing so - high finance is not my forte, however.

I believe that if people want to be scammers, they will find a way around any rules and regulations - look at identity fraud, an ever growing and increasingly more serious problem.

Having said all that, I use paypal to pay for the products I sell, and to have them delivered, when I purchase them from the USA, as it is cheap, easy and convenient.

Do you know what I find funny about this "glitch" (which ebay has not confirmed exists). I had noticed bank deposits were starting to increase again and I said so on the forums - then - the bank details vanished!

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Hey Col, look what I found collecting dust in the ruins that used to be ebay.... should we hang it up again or not bother?

Community Values

* We believe people are basically good till they get a taste for scamming
    * We believe everyone has something to contribute in ripping off buyers
    * We believe that an honest open environment can bring out the best in people till we brain wash you
    * We recognise and respect everyone as a unique pain in the ass individual
    * We encourage you to treat others the way you want to be treated even if your into bondage
    * You have the right to remain silent anything you say may be used against you in a court of law

Surveillance past history mode enabled

col52

I think it's gone way past even that, Yib!

:deadhorse:

llama

I just paid for an item using Bank Deposit, and have taken screen captures.

Nothing has changed in the past year, so I'd say that buyers are pretty much used to it by now.

First, an OLD one from 16th July 2008 (click thumbnails to enlarge them)...

llama

And these 3 screen captures are from tonight

(once again, click to enlarge)

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Hi Lama.. long time no see!...don't be a stranger you hear!....love your avatar!..

llama

Hi Yib!

I've been massively caught up in real life and work issues, and not really back to normality yet.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Llama have you ever be at the "normality" stage ?

Roo

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
I'm left wondering a bit...

Could it be possible for Ebay to actually pin point the buyers that use Paypal regularly...and leave their screen pages for payment options untouched?

While at the same time...targeting those that more often than not, choose to use another payment method...then kinda programming a glitch on their checkout screens?

Wouldn't this explain some of the strange things that seem to be happening?

Some people have no problems seeing other payment options (because they more than likely will use Paypal anyway)...yet others seem to have so much trouble finding the other options?

llama

I have never ever had a problem with seeing Bank Details, and up until quite recently I didn't even have a Paypal account.

In over 1000 transactions, I can only remember one instance of a buyer telling me that they couldn't find my Bank Details. That turned out to be glitch ages ago with relisted items, where the "Show Details in Checkout" option de-selected itself - that must have been almost 2 years ago.

Remember that buyers can always go back into "View Order Details" and see the Bank Details that way, and even take a screen capture to "prove" that they aren't visible.

cueperkins

Actually Llama, I use only bank deposit, and have purchased a few items lately...but when I click back into the order details, the bank deposit details are not there.  I do however have no trouble getting through to the bank details when I choose b/deposit in the checkout process.. but it isn't on any email and as I said, when I click back in, it isn't there....so.....not sure why that is.

col52

You may have found it went through ok Llama, but it certainly has been a problem for quite a few since Wednesday last week. I can e-mail the 2 different e-mails, if you like, showing where ebay removed the section I am talking about. My buyers have reported that the bank deposit link was not there and they could not find my bank details anywhere (some of these buyers have been around for a while and would know where to look and I have not changed anything). The bank deposit express link is always selected on all of my listings - you can be sure of that - I'm pretty well in the know how to set it up now.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Col, could you post a screenshot of it?

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Col, there have been a lot of the same comments on the boards from sellers over the last few days. There are also a couple of posts on the US boards about the bottom parts of seller emails disappearing intermittently.

Seems to be a lot of glitches in the system at the moment - pics missing and listings all over the place. Maybe there are problems with the changes being made in preparation for June 15?

http://pages2.ebay.com.au/InsideSelling

cueperkins

What latest innovative disruption occurs on the 15th wheels?

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Back in April, eBay announced that major changes will occur only twice a year with at least 60 days advance notice. Some of the changes to come into effect from June include:

Compulsory inclusion of Return Policy and Handling Time Information
New look item pages
New seller's FAQ section on listings

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Back in April, eBay announced that major changes will occur only twice a year with at least 60 days advance notice. Some of the changes to come into effect from June include:

Compulsory inclusion of Return Policy and Handling Time Information
New look item pages
New seller's FAQ section on listings

What Hope does the the little mom -dad- gran-part time seller have!? NOT A HOPE IN HELL !
Ebay may just as well make a formal announcement and tell everyone WE DON'T WANT YOU!
we just want big department stores and Chinese sellers!
bu***r off the rest of you!

Pissed mode enabled

missymist

Hi every-one,

and a big hello to all ,  my first post on here, I'm so glad for this (bit of cyberspace)...

all the glitches with seeing bank details have been happening to me for a while now (in my buying account), like at least a a year, in fact not long after they (ebay) announced their BIG,big changes with feedback etc.  I s'pose I've just become used it?  Having said that, I'm a bit annoyed of late because it has been happening much more often. .. oh well,  coincidentally my enthusiasm for buying seems to have waned of late too, maybe it's a good thing?  Maybe not?   Missy

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT

Hi missymist !! welcome to the friendly boards !.... you will like it here!...

Surveillance WELCOME mode enabled

*Ubbie Max*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Never take a knife to a gunfight
Welcome aboard missymist.

:pirateship:

I'm the bloke at the stern of the ship

This is a close up of me, suave looking bloke aint I.

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
Hi every-one,

and a big hello to all ,  my first post on here, I'm so glad for this (bit of cyberspace)...

all the glitches with seeing bank details have been happening to me for a while now (in my buying account), like at least a a year, in fact not long after they (ebay) announced their BIG,big changes with feedback etc.  I s'pose I've just become used it?  Having said that, I'm a bit annoyed of late because it has been happening much more often. .. oh well,  coincidentally my enthusiasm for buying seems to have waned of late too, maybe it's a good thing?  Maybe not?   Missy

Hi Missy and welcome.  I know what you mean about bank details dissappearing as it has happened to me.  Really strange.
:duckling:

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Hello missymist,

:welcomedesk:

and welcome to the OzRT

col52

Col, could you post a screenshot of it?

Here you go, Countess. Might I add that jensmanchester posted on my thread (on powerseller board) today saying a very experienced buyer e-mailed her saying she could not find the bank details..................that was earlier today!

col52

:welcome!: missymist