Author Topic: Item not as described !!!!!!!  (Read 20131 times)

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
Item not as described !!!!!!!
« on: June 05, 2009, 07:44:19 PM »
Ever notice how reality often fails to meet up with advertised content, I'd love to hear about your Ebay or non Ebay SNAD observations.

I hate when you take the kids to Macdonalds and you see the burgers on the pictures they look almost edible but reality is always a far cry.

Not to mention they NEVER fill up those Bloody fries packets.  :chainsaw:

They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
Re: Item not as described !!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 07:48:42 PM »
They sell you this,
but they give you that.

Neil Young
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 08:13:12 PM »
Years ago we had taken the kids to Pizza Hut and it was an 'all you can eat' type deal. The pizza choices were limited and not replaced often. Not a happy place to be with a few hungry boys! Anyway, we got to the register and were asked the usual 'how was your meal tonight'. I gave an honest answer (not what they were expecting) and told them what I thought. Was very shocked when they apologised and said that our meals would be no charge!

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 08:39:07 PM »
I'm a member of the Australian Good Food Guide epicurean thingy. I can't even remember what it's called... because I was so disgusted by the lack of good restaurants included in the offers for members that I don't even use the card. Call me fussy, but why, why, why would such a membership not include just one good French restaurant? Why only a few 2-star ones, none of which meet my idea of good cuisine and service anyway? And why would most of the French restaurants listed actually be out of business, or won't actually accept the membership card, or the link to their website leads nowhere, and so on?

Ha. And ha again.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

Bellagina

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 10:50:49 PM »
Yep Countess, I think alot of those "buy this to get reductios at..." deals are usually rip-offs.

I have not succumbed to the temptations for many years, since paying for a "local" one, that had about 3 things in it I could actually use!

Loyalty cards, However, are another kettle of fish!

I seem to get great deals from my memberships at places like Rockmans and Katies!

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 04:21:17 AM »
Oh and do NOT get me started on customer service, or lack thereof................

We used to drop in on a Fast Food place after baseball, because I was too tired to cook lol...until...

I actually had a snip of a 15yo "manager" call me a "B***H in Red Rooster, because I had the hide to get my order arrive home to find it was grossly incomplete only to have to drive back again to have them complete the order, I made the mistake of saying quietly to the girl that I was not happy with having to return while the rest of the food was getting cold at home.

She walked around the rear service bay and said to a coworker "Sigh get this B***H the rest of her order before she complains some more" to which both of them started to laugh...(did they think I was deaf?)

I was LIVID, there were other customers in the store by now, I waited till they brought the order out, took one look at it and asked for a refund (god knows what they did to it back there, and having had time to think I was not risking it), I could see she wanted to tear my face off at this point lol, so I got my refund and went in for the kill.

Quietly but firmly I said "If you find it amusing to call me a B***H because you failed to fill out my order correctly making me drive home and return here again, then you will find it equally amusing when I contact Head Office and the Owner of this franchise to report your attitude towards customer service". I thought she would have the self respect to look at least somewhat contrite, but no she got this smug look on her face, grinning wryly and said "Oh really, do what you think you have to do"...

(oddly after my contact with the aforementioned "higherups" she was not there the following weekend when we checked in passing lol nor did we see her there again)

Oh and don't get me started with the shop assistants on the phone who ignore you...but that's a whole other story... :tazdev:
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 11:25:18 AM »
Customer service is important - particularly in this age when so many people in the position of liaising with the public haven't been trained to think about customer service, don't care about it, receive minimum wage, think their own love life is a more burning issue during working hours, and could well do with a really good course on how to interact successfully with the public.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

col52

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 09:00:08 PM »
Customer service is one of my "things" too. I wish to be treated as a valued customer and I treat my customers as I wish to be treated (though I do realise, you cannot please 100% of people).

This is advertised:

This is what you get:

imperfect

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 09:52:18 PM »
 :pmsl:

Nice one Col!

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 10:28:26 PM »
Accurate descriptions and clear pics in online listings are vital. Although it must be difficult to describe some items (for example colours).

Customer service is all about meeting customer expectation - whether it is good communication, timely delivery of product/service and quality of product/service.

If there is a complaint, the most important part of customer service is how a seller deals with a complaint. The response will either lead to a dissatisfied customer, which on eBay will most likely lead to a refund and a negative. That customer will also likely never return and will tell at least 3 friends of their bad experience.

Or, If a customer is happy with the way a complaint is handled, the seller is usually looked upon favourably and will often lead to repeat business.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 10:33:41 PM »
Oh dear, I've just reread my last post, sorry if it sounds like a lecture.   :professor:

I have a bit of a thing about customer service!

col52

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 11:45:01 AM »
Oh dear, I've just reread my last post, sorry if it sounds like a lecture.   :professor:

I have a bit of a thing about customer service!

:yesmaster:

A happy customer tells one friend, an unhappy customer tells everybody.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 04:55:01 PM »
Accurate descriptions and clear pics in online listings are vital. Although it must be difficult to describe some items (for example colours).

Customer service is all about meeting customer expectation - whether it is good communication, timely delivery of product/service and quality of product/service.

If there is a complaint, the most important part of customer service is how a seller deals with a complaint. The response will either lead to a dissatisfied customer, which on eBay will most likely lead to a refund and a negative. That customer will also likely never return and will tell at least 3 friends of their bad experience.

Or, If a customer is happy with the way a complaint is handled, the seller is usually looked upon favourably and will often lead to repeat business.

Might seem like a lecture, Wheels - but I didn't take it that way.

However you have highlighted the most significant element of my assessment of a seller: How they respond to a problem situation..

Firstly, that tells me what sort of a person they are and, secondly, IF something were to go wrong, I know what to expect.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 05:05:35 PM »
Brumby, I used to manage a business for over 10 years and when asked what I did for a living I would tell people a large part of my job was putting out fires - handling any staff and customer concerns. The success of the business relied heavily on its reputation and word of mouth advertising, so providing the highest quality customer service was vital.

It is the same for eBay sellers, the way some of them respond to feedback left from buyers is unbelievable - do they think other buyers won't read it!

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 05:16:02 PM »
My most recent experience of 'Customer Service - NOT' was at an electronics outlet where there were 2 boys (could have been 15 y.o. - they looked it) at the counter.

It was 25 minutes before closing, there were 6 customers in the store. One was being served at the counter by one of the 'lads' and 3 were waiting - myself being included.

The other 'lad' was counting out the cash from the second till.

I waited for perhaps a minute before I had had enough. I said in a firm voice "You're cashing up the till while there are customers waiting? Unbelievable! I'm leaving." and walked out with my hands up in the air.

Aside from the customer service issue - they aren't supposed to have cash out of the till while the doors are open. As well as being just plain dumb, it's against the company's cash handling policy (I used to do some casual work for another store in the group).

I still had the number for head office in my mobile and called the next day.  The manager responsible was in a meeting, but called me back a couple of hours later.  He was going out to that store in the next couple of days ... and he said he would review the footage.

Haven't been back there yet to see if anything happened - but I'll bet it has.

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 05:28:30 PM »
Wheels, I can appreciate that very well.

There are many people who have a wealth of knowledge on eBay and elsewhere ... as well as many who are so far up themselves it's not funny.

Curious how the ones that do well all seem to respect their customers.

Like the seller I work with... they go out of their way to give buyers every opportunity to pay up 'gracefully' even when they're 2 weeks overdue.  They also do a lot of other stuff for customer service.

Even being nice about a false claim of INR through Paypal.  The item was received and signed for (Registered, of course!) and my seller gave them two opportunities to withdraw 'gracefully' before hitting them with the evidence they had from the outset!

The buyer bowed out on the second opportunity.

Result - positive feedback and a little drop in DSRs.

It comes down to why you are in business in the first place ... and what can you do to improve sales!

It's not rocket science to work out the priorities - though it might require some careful thought to get the specific actions/wording right!

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 05:30:20 PM »
... and don't get me started on salespeople chatting to ... whoever...!

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 05:32:13 PM »
and salespeople who chew gum or reek of stale cigarette smoke!  >:(

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 05:40:02 PM »
Gum chewers!!!!!!!!

Here's a classic example of the image commonly held by many people - through no act of conspiracy or collusion - just by how it looks........

Whilst working in a corporate IT environment, I had cause to visit one of the internal customer departments who had a new member of staff.  When I returned to my boss, he asked "What is she like?"

As his facial expression graphically showed, my simple words conveyed the answer in abundant detail: "She chews gum."

col52

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 08:33:29 PM »
... and don't get me started on salespeople chatting to ... whoever...!

Had something like that happen to us on Friday at Macca's in Kotara.

We were waiting to be served..........no one else was waiting. The only "server" at the desk was a young boy around 18 talking about his private life to a girl at the end of the counter!

A young woman swans up further down the counter and a young girl appeared and served her before us, very rude. She then served us (after I glared). Whilst she was getting our order, the young boy finished his conversation and said "Can I help you?" I said "No, we've been served now" in a not so friendly tone.

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 08:34:39 PM »
Yes, you gave them a serve Col.  he he
:duckling:

col52

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 08:46:24 PM »
Yes, you gave them a serve Col.  he he

Oh yes!

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 08:48:50 PM »
That's a wvery wvery vicious looking bunny rabbit you have there Col.  Is that what you used to serve with?

col52

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 08:50:01 PM »
Yup, that's bunny in a vewy bad mood!

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2009, 05:19:29 PM »
How is Bunny? The Lady Bunny?
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2009, 06:27:09 PM »
I used to breed rabbits.........
but it was a "hare raising" experience..... boom boom
I thougt I could make a quick "buck" ..... boom boom again
wont fall for that "trap" again
took me ages to "burrow" my way out of strife

cueperkins

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2009, 06:44:30 PM »
Yup, that's bunny in a vewy bad mood!

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2009, 03:27:38 AM »

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2009, 05:18:52 PM »
Hmm. Do "country folks" advertise themselves as "real funny"? If so, what has been your experience of these here country critters? Are they, in fact, funny? Are they as described? Or are they Significantly Not As Funny?

cueperkins

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2009, 06:11:51 PM »
mmmhhhh countess...if you put Tello up for sale...could anyone really describe him accurately?  If they paid by smeepal....as a hypothetical alternative......it would definitely pose a chargeback risk.....such a unique wonder is he me thinks....in fact he could be the 8th cyber wonder of the world (hidden in a small niche in nevada)  ssshhhh....it's almost 'Wolf Creek' .

But...I digress into the devious world of 'what if'........I wonder how tello would describe himself if he were listing himself for sale on feepay?...Funny, lovable Larakin?  (that's Aussie for a funny barstard...aka sh*t stirrer we don't wanna bash Tello)  Anyway...I wonder...

:potstir:

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2009, 06:42:28 PM »
For sale: one slightly used cymbologist. As is. Was funny the last time I looked. Comes without batteries.

col52

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 08:47:53 PM »
How is Bunny? The Lady Bunny?

Sorry I didn't respond yesterday Centuries, t'was a really bad day yesterday.
Bunny is having a few problems at the moment and not a very happy bunny at the moment - a bit like me really! She called over here a couple of nights ago.

*wheels*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2009, 11:54:05 PM »
I joined the Coles Giant Gift Card Giveaway a couple of weeks ago and received an update email today:

Dear on2wheels,

Thank you for joining the Giant Gift Card Giveaway. So far, you have earned $2.89 towards a Coles Gift Card*.

$2.89 WOW! I can't even claim it until I make it to $5. All I want is to win one of the $100,000 big cheques!

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009, 12:05:46 AM »
Yer too kind!

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 12:20:18 AM »
Geeeeeeezussssssssssssssssssss
thats scarey !!!!

*FluffyDuckee*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
  • Waves to everyone
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2009, 12:26:54 AM »
Handsome chap don't you think?  But perhaps seeing the fillings is too much information. 

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 12:27:42 AM »
So's this:

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2009, 12:29:41 AM »
But perhaps seeing the fillings is too much information.

Not too many of those remain.

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2009, 02:22:34 AM »
They would be champing at the bit to bid for that set of fangs Tello :roflmao: :green:
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2009, 02:26:44 AM »
Thanks col. Bunny posted and said she was having a problem ...blister... and she must be pretty miserable.  :(

col52

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2009, 09:46:30 AM »
 :chair:

Sorry Centuries, just hiding from all those scary pics. Yes, bunny is pretty miserable, poor thing.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2009, 01:53:19 PM »
A man about to have a new filling was asked how he managed to remain so calm.

"Transcen-dental meditation", he replied.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2009, 02:10:38 PM »
Oh dear me Countess !

col52

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2009, 07:47:02 PM »
At least he was going to sink his teeth into it.