Author Topic: What do you all think of this??  (Read 9974 times)

imperfect

What do you all think of this??
« on: June 01, 2009, 09:28:18 AM »
http://repxchange.com/

It looks like a great idea but you have to put some pretty sensitive info in to become a member...would you do it?? :huh:

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
Re: What do you all think of this??
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 09:42:28 AM »
No thanks..

Some nutter's "bad buyer" may be gold for me...

But then, I've never had a crook buyer.

:wine:
If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you done ??

imperfect

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 10:06:15 AM »
Yeah...I've only ever had one bady and ebay sorted her out..

I think this would be better used for a "scammer identifier" rather then a grumpy seller vent..don't you?

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 10:41:12 AM »
While I am truly empathetic towards both bad seller and buyer experiences.... alarm bells ring with this idea. Remember the database set up some time ago that accepted information about bad 'P' plate drivers? This sort of thing is open to misuse / abuse by others with a grudge...... Given the many, many examples of this sort of thing over on the Ebay discussion boards, need I say more?

imperfect

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 10:55:40 AM »
Very good point r3830!!!

Could there be some legal issues also??

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 11:07:23 AM »
I can see the appeal, but I can also see the dangers. It could be Grudge City. Without some way of investigating the submitted buyer names, it lends a problematic air to the whole thing.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 12:44:09 PM »
Did someone mention the possibility of legal issues...... well, I was bored, so I read their conditions. Should answer at least a few questions...... Reminds me a little of the T&C's of Paypal!!!

Usage of Collected Information:

* RepXchange uses collected information to provide, maintain and enhance the features and services found on the site. This information may be used, without further consent, for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues, or to contact you regarding any content that you have posted via our site.

RepXchange may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. In some cases, we may make such disclosures without first providing notice to you.

International Visitors:

RepXchange is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you nonetheless choose to use the RepXchange from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States and you consent to that transfer.

imperfect

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 03:42:32 PM »
Well, there you go...LOL!!!

cueperkins

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 03:56:36 PM »
Is this an American Mob R3830?  Sorry haven't looked, too many things open already, but I'll take your word for it.  The UA seems to be fairly typical of an unconscionable entity that reverses all liability and prostitutes consumer privacy.....so what's new?...lol  This seems to be the benchmark of E-Commerce.

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 10:57:48 PM »
But then again, they appear to be only a venue! Now, where have I heard that said before.... the mind does boggle!

*Brum6y*

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 02:44:11 AM »
The idea has merit - in principle - but it is the vexatious reporting issue that is a minefield and I wouldn't go anywhere near it.

What right of reply is there? What procedures are in place for amending incorrect information? How, in fact, is correct information determined when someone states one thing and the subject objects?

What of the legal implications of action being taken against someone who has been maligned - as an example, by a redneck vigilante?

IF the quality of the information was accurate and reliable, with the appropriate safeguards, then I might take a closer look.  However, in all honesty, I believe the inimitable Mr Phelps and his Impossible Mission team could not present such a solution - even with the full resources of Hollywood at their disposal.