Author Topic: Paypal stuffs up again! Sorry, but it's true!  (Read 15182 times)

col52

Paypal stuffs up again! Sorry, but it's true!
« on: May 28, 2009, 12:52:01 PM »
Long story so will cut it short a bit.................

Payment notification arrives from Paypal on 26th May, tells me OK to send to buyer.
I do so, that day.

This morning, gets an e-mail from buyer telling me I should have an e-mail from Paypal telling me their payment was put on hold.
I had no such e-mail.

Buyer tells me Paypal stuffed up and instead of charging their credit card, Paypal tried to get the money from bank account. Buyers bank account = insufficient funds.
Paypal contacts buyer (nothing to me - seller) telling payment on hold.
Buyer rings Paypal to find out what's happened, then e-mails me.

I checked my account, sure enough, payment on hold.
I ring Paypal asking what they intend doing to sort the mess out as I had done the right thing and sent package (as they advised in notification).
They went into a tizz and put me on hold for quite a while.
Came back and asked me for tracking number of package, then told me tofax the form through with info on it (at my cost - of course). Gave me the fax number, I dialled...........it was wrong number.
I rang back..........had to go through all the validation carp again. Told them what happened, they asked me what number I had. Turns out, previous woman told me one digit wrong!!!!!!!!!! aaarrrrgggghhhh

After I faxed info, I e-mailed them to ask for confirmation of a readable form (as I went through all this last year and they settled a claim against me as they could not read the form - but never told me that did they!)

See what happens next!

BTW, the buyer will get package today as I checked tracking status myself.

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
Re: Paypal stuffs up again! Sorry, but it's true!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 12:59:39 PM »
G'Day Col,

**no use hiding here, I will find you**

It would seem to me that Paypal are definitely liable for the value of the package, because they notified you that payment was received..

But surely when your buyer clears up their end, Paypal will pay you immediately ??

Of course this will rely on an honest buyer... Any indication that they may be dodgey ??

I must admit, while I don't like enforced offering of Paypal for sellers, I have never had a problem with Paypal in over 200 transaction via them..

:wine:
If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you done ??

col52

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 01:24:58 PM »
G'Day Col,

**no use hiding here, I will find you**

:tazdev:

It would seem to me that Paypal are definitely liable for the value of the package, because they notified you that payment was received..

But surely when your buyer clears up their end, Paypal will pay you immediately ??

Of course this will rely on an honest buyer... Any indication that they may be dodgey ??

I would say too buddy right, they're liable!!!!!

Dodgey buyer?
No indication of that yet.......................but there wasn't in August last year either when a buyer thanked me (by e-mail) for the toe ring received that day, then went on to claim INR via Paypal !
That was when I faxed the form through to Paypal and they still found in favour of the buyer - even though I had the proof!!!!!
Buyer got the toe ring and money back.
I e-mailed the buyer and she said she didn't have the Paypal refund yet, but if it came through - she would send money to me.................she never did!

*barny*

• Knight of the RT
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 01:30:28 PM »
I sympathise with your predicament Col,  But I don't know how it feels, as I have been lucky enough not to have any dodgey buyers or seelers to deal with.

And of course they both exist no matter what payment method is used...

I am not promoting Paypal, it just seems like that, coz I haven't had a problem (yet)

If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you done ??

col52

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 01:35:40 PM »
Thanks barny, I understand where you are coming from. Many never have had a problem with Paypal but others have, some a lot more than I have had to date.

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 03:50:20 PM »
Buyer tells me Paypal stuffed up and instead of charging their credit card, Paypal tried to get the money from bank account. Buyers bank account = insufficient funds.

Col, PayPal are at fault for not informed you this was an e-cheque payment. However, as you know, PayPal's default payment source is not a buyer's credit card. It sounds as though the buyer himself has been at fault... although I hesitate to say "at fault" since PayPal make changing the funding source very very confusing.

You might want to direct your buyer to this link - I explain the whole Funding Source thing.
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

col52

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 08:33:31 PM »

Col, PayPal are at fault for not informed you this was an e-cheque payment. However, as you know, PayPal's default payment source is not a buyer's credit card. It sounds as though the buyer himself has been at fault... although I hesitate to say "at fault" since PayPal make changing the funding source very very confusing.

You might want to direct your buyer to this link - I explain the whole Funding Source thing.

I know what you mean countess, but this particular buyer seems to know what they're doing, they said they specified on the payment "form" that they wanted to pay using credit card and not from bank deposit.........Paypal changed it!

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 08:47:14 PM »
I say it's ten days on bread and water for naughty PayPal, then!
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

col52

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 10:06:17 PM »
Is that all ?

Can we not add a few zero's to the total ?

Bad Paypal, bad Paypal!  :deadhorse:

llama

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 11:41:54 PM »
Col, PayPal are at fault for not informed you this was an e-cheque payment.

Since the buyer also had a Credit Card on file, it will never be processed as an e-Cheque.

I know this is the case because I have added one of those "prepaid" Visa Cards to my main (selling) Paypal account, so that when necessary I can transfer Instant Payments to my other buying PP account (which is a non-verified, personal account without a linked bank account).

As Countess mentioned, it's most likely that the buyer accidentally didn't change funding source from the default to CC.

col52

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 10:14:59 AM »

As Countess mentioned, it's most likely that the buyer accidentally didn't change funding source from the default to CC.

All I can go by, Llama, is the assurance that the buyer (who was not so inexperienced) said they specified CC option.
Funny how fast Paypal sorted it when I confronted them.

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 12:46:43 AM »
Has anyone else just received an email encouraging  us to take advantage of the exchange rate and to buy Asian ????

as per below

MAKE YOUR AUSSIE DOLLAR GO FURTHER WITH PAYPAL!

Attention savvy online shoppers! The Aussie dollar has not been this strong in ages, and between now and 31 Jul 09, PayPal is bringing you exclusive offers and fantastic bargains from our Asian neighbours.

Whether you're a huge fan of gaming consoles, electronic gadgets, the latest cosmetic products, or looking for something unique, such as hobby aircraft or underwater cameras, you'll find it all here. PayPal has not only handpicked merchants from the region but has secured great offers to help make your Aussie dollar go further.

Secure payments
Buying items from Asia is faster and safer with PayPal. Sellers will receive their payments promptly, so you'll get your items sooner. Plus, your sensitive financial details won't be shared with sellers so you can shop with confidence.

Courier and delivery
Shipping from Asia is easier than you think. And if you want to receive your items faster, courier delivery takes only a few days. With many online shops you can also track your shipping, so you always know where your purchase is and when it will arrive. Check the online shops' shipping details for more info.

Golden Silence

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 08:37:08 AM »
Yep, got it, trashed it, wasn't impressed.