Author Topic: The Tello Files. (All things strange, witnessed, verifyable and/or credible (?)  (Read 2617594 times)

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Hey! The "real" case studies show that Yib has been deemed to be a genuine Martian with a cute face and a dislike for planets that spoil his view of space.

He also has a licence to post on the OzRT. We sent him a licence - dog-eared, it's true, but it has official sort of writing on it, and we did not get it out of a packet of Cornflakes.
 :eranium:
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
Hey! The "real" case studies show that Yib has been deemed to be a genuine Martian with a cute face and a dislike for planets that spoil his view of space.

He also has a licence to post on the OzRT. We sent him a licence - dog-eared, it's true, but it has official sort of writing on it, and we did not get it out of a packet of Cornflakes.
 :eranium:

There ya go Tello...yers heard it officially from tha grand master of the universe...well...master of OZRT anyway..SNAP !...

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
  • You don't get everything you want at Tello's.
    • facebook
"The B@zturd Love Child of Comix & a News Organization"

**cupie**

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT

**cupie**

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT

**cupie**

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT

**cupie**

Rack off Copper.....

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT

**cupie**

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
I see... the idea is that this Simpsons character has been abducted by aliens, and one of those oft-referred-to anal probes is about to be inserted, and he's obligingly making himself ready for the invasive alien procedure...?

Tello, surely this doesn't happen in your part of the world!
"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is ...a part of the maine; ...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde"

**cupie**

It was like that when I got here...!!!

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
It was like that when I got here...!!!

Faker !...I'm dobbing!.. Cupie trashed Tello's thread countess...I saw her do it!..

**cupie**

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Maybe almost everyone here has been taken over by alien life forces, and I'm the only unaffected one left. It's a lonely responsibility *assumes a noble mien* being the only one left to save humanity from the invasion.

**cupie**

**cupie**

*Chucks a wheelie through Tello's thread*......(thank me later dude...don't complain.....you're leading the thread race).

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Never pizzoff a man who owns a bulldozer!

Marvin Heemeyer

Marvin John Heemeyer (October 28, 1951 – June 4, 2004) was an American welder and an automobile muffler repair shop owner. Angered over the outcome of a zoning dispute, he armored a Komatsu D355A bulldozer with layers of steel and used it on June 4, 2004, to demolish the town hall, a former judge's home and other buildings in Granby, Colorado. The rampage ended when the bulldozer became immobilized. After a standoff with law enforcement agencies, Heemeyer committed suicide by gunshot.

Heemeyer had been feuding with Granby officials, particularly over fines for violating city ordinances and a zoning dispute regarding a concrete factory constructed opposite to his muffler shop that caused his business to fail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdVisdX1IL0

:t2:

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
We had a similar case here last week .........

A man in a bobcat has gone on a rampage in Perth's hills, crashing through a neighbour's property before dousing himself in petrol and catching on fire.

Police arrived at Ash Road in Carmel about 10:00pm (AWST) and found the 42-year-old in an agitated state at the controls of a bobcat.

The man had entered his neighbour's property and used the bobcat to build a makeshift ramp to allow him to drive onto the first floor verandah.

A neighbour, who would only give name as Sam, said the man wreaked havoc.

"He decided to enter inside the building with the bobcat the cops were trying to stop him," he said.

The man also drove the bobcat outside and demolished a brick shed and damaged a fibreglass pool.

The destruction severed gas pipes and electrical lines, forcing nearby residents to be evacuated from their homes.

Police say despite the efforts of police negotiators, the man was badly burned after dousing himself with petrol.

Fire crews quickly extinguished the flames and the man was taken to Royal Perth Hospital where he remains in a serious, but stable condition

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Far out!

*smee*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT
yes , the people had spent 12 months building their dream home and were just about ready to move in and their new neighbour went beserk and completley destroyed in about 15 mins causing about $300,000 damage, apparentley there had been some ongoing dispute about the noise during construction or something like that , anyway this feller had obviously had it up to the gills or got hold of some of Yibsters red cordial or something

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Yeah, that Yibbie is a probelm child.

Interrogate him!

And keep him away from heavy equipment!!!! ;D

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Skinwalkers (DVD, 2007)

Movie description
Though a statement at the opening of the film explains that the creatures of the title are, in Native American lore, people who have the ability to transform into various animals, SKINWALKERS focuses on two warring factions of werewolves. One is a family concentrated on protecting Timothy (Matthew Knight), a boy about to turn 13 who is the offspring of mortal Rachel (Rhona Mitra) and a Skinwalker. Timothy's family, led by kindly Uncle Jonas (Elias Koteas), chooses to avoid slaughtering innocents during full moons by restraining themselves in straps in the back of a beaten traveling camper. Their rival clan, captained by Varek (Jason Behr), lives with a leather-clad biker gang, riding from town to town and reveling in their bloodlust. When the clock strikes midnight on Timothy's birthday, he will be able to (in terms not explicitly spelled out) end the bloody reign of the Skinwalkers--but not if Varek and his gang can catch and kill Timothy before he officially becomes a teenager. SKINWALKERS focuses more on its action sequences than on the horror elements, but those seeking a good chase sequence will find plenty to enjoy in the film's second half. Director James Isaac (JASON X) gives the film a graphic novel-like visual style, with plenty of red tints and scenes of rising moons. Elias Koteas (CRASH, EXOTICA) seems to be having fun as a werewolf patriarch, but veteran Canadian supporting actress Barbara Gordon seems to be enjoying herself even more as a pistol-packing grandma. Stan Winston's creature designs resemble the man-beast creations from 1977's ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU more than they do Rick Baker or Rob Bottin's revisionist werewolves from AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON and THE HOWLING, but they are effective nonetheless.

Congrats 898sarahg! You're the winner. Your early bid took home the prize.
Buyer view
Item:Skinwalkers (DVD, 2007)

Item number:   280386038124

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Look what I found!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051308/

The Riflemans Rifle - Secrets revealed!!    
  by mdimuzio (Mon Feb 27 2006 11:23:26)    

The 1892 Winchester caliber .44-.40 carbine with a standard 20” barrel that was used on the set of The Rifleman appeared in basically two different style levers.

The first one looked like a more circular capital D style loop. Some rifles had a saddle ring and some did not. The second one was to a more flattened lever instead of the large circular loop. This one had no saddle ring.

The 8/32”set screw that was tapped through the trigger guard for the rapid fire action also came in different styles. Some were silver; others were black with a silver nut under the head of the screw. Sometimes Chuck had the screw head turned inside close to the trigger. Most of the times he had it on the outside of the trigger guard. In some of the episodes the screw was taken out completely when rapid fire action was not needed.

This rapid fire mechanism was designed originally just to keep Chucks finger from getting punctured by the trigger as he fired and cocked the rifle very fast. The role demanded that.

To have a rifle modified in this way certainly presents a safety hazard since the gun will fire in a semiautomatic fashion as the lever is cocked if the screw is turned in to initiate the trigger. The Rifleman cocked the rifle in two unique fashions. He spin cocked it and swing cocked it. These two cocking methods enabled Chuck to cock the rifle using only one hand.

The rife for the show was designed by the Stembridge Gunsmiths. Ammunition used on the show was also made by Stembridge. They were five in one quarter load blanks. Most if not all the sound effects for the rifle shots were dubbed into the footage which is why the rifle sounded so different from the other gunshots on the show.

The 1892 Winchester rifle holds eleven shots, although a twelfth shot was dubbed in to the famous opening scene of the show. By the way, there are four different beginnings to the show.

Another modification was needed since the 92 rifle is a top eject meaning the top is completely open when the lever is cocked forward and the empty shells are ejected straight up in the air when the lever is pulled towards you. When the rifle was swing cocked down by Chuck Connors side the rifle cartridges would have fell to the ground when he had it upside down. So they had a rifle with a special plunger built inside that would hold a bullet in place for this trick.

The 1892 Winchester rifle, a descendant of the Henry and 1866 "Yellow Boy" rifles were made from 1892 until 1941 and total production was in excess of one million pieces. Many variations and calibers were introduced over the course of the 50 years production, but the basic design was largely unaltered. Winchester made 27 different variations of their 1892 rifle. Like the earlier model 1873, the light and handy Model 1892 was chambered for what are thought of today as handgun power cartridges.

Since Chuck Connors was truly ambidextrous he handled the rifle left handed and right handed with the same ease. I have the rifle and it takes practice to handle it with the look of ease that Lucas McCain did. To shoot it with rapid fire succession it takes as much force to push the lever forward and eject the shells before pulling it back to fire. A beginner would have to be careful spin cocking the rifle because you can hit yourself in the face or chest as you are learning the Rifleman’s tricks.

It’s just pure fun to me. I call it rifle therapy!

Michael DiMuzio
If you would like more information or just chat about the rifleman then you may email me at:
mdimuzio@carolina.rr.com
Visit my new website at http://www.riflemansrifle.com/

Welcome to the "Rifleman's Rifle"

I'm Mike DiMuzio, and I've been a Rifleman fan for most of my life. I wanted to create an Online Community for fans of the television series "The Rifleman", starring Chuck Connors and Johnny Crawford.

If you loved the show and Lucas McCain's weekly saga as he raised his son Mark and helped out Marshal Micah Torrance from time to time, but most of all if you loved that rifle of his - then this is the site for you!

http://www.riflemansrifle.com/

The dude's got a Board!

http://riflemancommunity43755.yuku.com/

Very cool stuff!!!!

BTW: I have the Rifleman DVD Box Set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkM0NT4YMlo

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
tello, that is facinating. I watched the clip of him firing the rifle and it looks so simple...and fast! 

The Winchester must have been regarded as quite a fearsome weapon from the time it was first designed and used.
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

Poddy

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Five Cautionary Tales For Surviving The Imminent Zombie Outbreak

18 August 2009 1:30 PM, PDT | MTV Movies Blog | See recent MTV Movies Blog news »

Science has discovered that "if zombies actually existed, an attack by them would lead to the collapse of civilisation unless dealt with quickly and aggressively." The quote comes from the BBC, reporting on a research paper published in the book "Infectious Diseases Modeling Research Projects" (and thanks to Sci Fi Wire for pointing out this Amazing revelation). So in case you were worried, don't. Scientists on this planet are hard at work figuring out how best to prepare for the inevitable(?) zombie plague.

I've got a few tips for them too. Scientists can be a stuffy bunch. They prefer the safety of their labs (at least for the purposes of this writeup). Needless to say, they don't get out to the movies so much. I do though, and I've seen a lot of zombie movies. Certainly enough to know which ones we should be showing young kids as a warning »

- Adam Rosenberg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103873/news#ni0936256

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook
Quentin Tarantino Has one of the most overrated directors of the '90s become one of the most underrated of the aughts?
By Dennis Lim  Posted Thursday, Aug. 20, 2009, at 1:13 PM ET

Quentin Tarantino concludes his seventh feature, the Nazi-bludgeoning fantasy Inglourious Basterds, with a grisly flourish and a self-satisfied review. Having performed one of his signature mutilations, a character peers down at his handiwork and into the camera and declares: "This might just be my masterpiece." This is typical Tarantino bluster, in keeping with the image of the bratty wunderkind that he worked hard to cultivate and that, even at 46, he refuses to outgrow. But as the rare filmmaker who's also an avid reader of film reviews, he also surely knows that it's been a while since the critical establishment thought of him as a maker of masterpieces.

Full article here:

http://www.slate.com/id/2225814?wpisrc=newsletter

Centuries

• Knight of the RT
I am informed (by the OH  :O) that Tarantino has had some stunning successes and some equally stunning failures. Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs were a couple of the early successes. I have never watched them, not my type of film. Snow White terrified me when I was a wee thing ;D

Poddy, That story re Sarah Winchester and her house was sad. The place is certainly weird. What a waste of money!And a waste of her life! Poor woman.
“I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see”  Lewis Carroll

Poddy

Centuries,

If you ever get to California that place is a MUST to visit as well as Hearst Castle of William Randolf Hearst fame :)

Poddy

Pulp Fiction would have to be the worst movie of it's decade.

Disjointed piece of utter rubbish, the only reason that it gets raved about is because no one is willing to say what they really think.

When critics are bewildered by anything, they say it is great instead of admitting that they couldn't make head or tail of it.
That starts the ball rolling and no one is willing to disagree with the critics for the fear admitting that they couldn't make head or tail of it either, so it snowballs.

Well I have broken the cycle and say that Pulp Fiction is a heap of utter CRAP  ;D

*CountessA*

• Administrator
  • Knight of the RT
Poddy, your theory is wrong...!

(I've been saying how much I disliked Pulp Fiction since I first saw it.)

So there. *grin*

Poddy

You seem to be the exception to the general rule  ;D

And may I add that you have good taste.

Liisa-Sx

• Knights of the RT
  • Knight of the RT
They said there would be cake....and there WAS!

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT

We need another script writer....I'm ditchin this one~~>>>

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

CHOOGLIN' ...... CHOOGLIN' ........ CHOOOOOOOGLIN'.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUzl7_OpVLA

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT

tellomon

• Knight of the RT
    • facebook

*r3830*

• Knight of the RT

*Yibida*

• Action Group
  • Knight of the RT

Toilet Humour!~>~>~> certainly ~=